Quigley Down Under (1990)
Average Rating: 5.2/10
Reviews Counted: 16
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 7
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 3
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 20,438
Tom Selleck stars as American cowboy archetype Matthew Quigley in Simon Wincer's outback western Quigley Down Under. Answering an advertisement placed by Australian cattle baron Elliot Marston (Alan Rickman) to come to the rugged and uncivilized Australian countryside and shoot dingoes, Quigley finds himself halfway around the world, only to find that Marston wants to exploit his talents as a sharpshooter in order to wipe out the Aborigine population. Taken aback by this square-jawed genocide,
Oct 19, 1990 Wide
Sep 4, 2001
MGM Home Entertainment
Laura San Giacomo
Maj. Ashley Pitt
Eamon A. Kelly
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
A strikingly-beautiful western with an A-grade cast
An almost classic if it were not for the silly feminine element which hurts clever story.
Great fun western
Hits the mark with its mix of Western theatrics and cross-cultural insights.
Underrated Selleck western.
Audience Reviews for Quigley Down Under
- Elliott Marston: Very good, O'Flynn. You've improved!
- O'Flynn: Do you think I could ever be as good as you, Mr. Marston?
- Elliott Marston: What - you mean if you practiced a lot?
- O'Flynn: Yeah!
- Elliott Marston: No.
- Elliott Marston: No man knocks me out of my own house!
- Elliott Marston: Some men were born in the wrong century. I was born on the wrong continent.
- Matthew Quigley: Said I didn't have much use for 'em, never said I didn't know how to use 'em. [six shooter]
- Matthew Quigley: Don't know where we're goin', but makin' good time.
Discuss Quigley Down Under on our Movie forum!