Movies Like Quill: The Life of a Guide Dog

Quill: The Life of a Guide Dog Reviews

iLeo
iLeo

February 14, 2013
This film was absolutely adorable! I have to admit that my knowledge of guide dogs and what they endure in training is slightly limited, but I have such a profound respect for these gentle souls and their lifelong dedication of serving humans with needs. This particular guide dog, Quill, is truly memorable- so much patience and understanding. His love for Mr. Watanabe (and vice versa) on several film spots almost brought me to tears. Please note that this film is set in subtitles but if you're a fan of films of all range this is definitely one you shouldn't miss.
I highly recommend this film!
Anthony V

March 22, 2008
Not just a cute puppy movie. Follows the life of a seeing eye dog from beginning to end. Funny, touching and worthy of any movie collection
March 7, 2014
A movie about a dog. Enough said.
May 19, 2012
Be ready to shed a tear...
May 15, 2012
Not sappy in the portrayal of the disabled.
April 5, 2013
I remember this movie in my Japanese class. Throughout the movie, Quill has related to my family's dog as well, yet all good things had to come to an end. Hopefully this heartfelt movie will inspire me to get closer to my cousin's new pet dog.
July 27, 2012
This Japanese movie follows the life of a yellow Labrador Retriever from his playful time as a puppy, his years in specialized training, and his life work as the eyes and companion of his reluctant owner. Very sweet and entertaining story, quiet informative about the training process of these noble and remarkable dogs. Youâ(TM)ll probably also shed a tear or two.
July 19, 2012
you will cry....alot
Ahmet A.
July 9, 2012
Tender, realistic film that is for all ages. Even if you are not a dog lover you can't help bur be moved by the relationships of people to people and people to dogs.
July 8, 2012
Six Kleenex. This brought back every sickening feeling and every ache I went through with each and every pet during that most precious and aweful time in life. Powerful movie.
June 24, 2012
There's a lot of competition for the best dog movie ever, but Quill is definitely in the running.
May 20, 2012
Looks like a beautiful movie. My guide-dog raising relatives will really appreciate it.
May 14, 2012
This movie looks touching and sweet.
May 9, 2012
This a realistic bittersweet narrative of a seeing eye dog who is loving trained but who faces many hardships in service. The human are portrayed as mainly flawed - but dog loving audience that this film is geared to probably won't care.
May 8, 2012
I want to see this very much. My grandson who is 5 years old is blind. I love that it is based on a true story and also in Japan. My heart has already be won to go see this movie. I wait until a movie is on DVD, but this one is special, and I will go to the theaters for this one.
May 5, 2012
ths looks like a wonderful film. but i only give it three and half stars, because i know this is japanese film but my dads girlfriend is blind and also has a seeing eye dog. how can you have a movie about guide dogs only in subtitles. what if a blind person whats to see this???other than that can't wait to see it
May 24, 2011
Can never understand how some rated this movie average. Quill is centered around a labrador retreiver's journey through life as a seeing eye dog.

Yet many movie critiques (so called professional ones, at least highlighted here in Rotten Tomatoes) didn't like Quill big time.

I guess if you're expecting a fun "Cats and Dog" or "Lassie", or FUN movie, then you may not like it at all. Quill deals with a very touching story, from birth til death of an inspirational dog's life, not the FUN, dogs running after balls, adventure through the woods stuff. Deals with how an obedient and inspired animal can change some people's life. And it's definitely NOT a documentary despite it being based on real life story of a dog and the life of the people revolving around Quill's life.

It's a touching but inspired story and movie. Be warned, this movie will touch you. If not, than you're made of very hard stuff like stones.

Watch it, if you have the opportunity, bring something to wipe tears....