• PG-13, 1 hr. 31 min.

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Rabbit Hole Reviews

July 6, 2014
90 minutes of the same 3 scenes over and over again. Fine performances but didn't quite hit the feels for this viewer.
April 27, 2012
This one gonna be depressing but, I'll see it with a box of tissues.
June 13, 2014
Just watched RABBIT HOLE on television so I had to put up with lots of commercial interruptions but the power of Nicole Kidman's performance kept me engaged even with those interruptions. I know the play and must admit prefer the movie! I love the last lines, "What do we do then?" "I don't know. Something though."
August 18, 2011
The only way out is through.
Becca et Howie étaient un couple heureux jusqu'à la mort de leur jeune fils Danny. Depuis, chacun essaye à sa façon de faire son deuil et avancer dans la vie malgré tout. Becca essaye de tourner la page et entame une amitié avec Jason, un adolescent introverti, tandis qu' Howie veut préserver le souvenir de Danny en trouvant refuge dans des groupes de parents ayant perdu leur enfant.
Sujet sérieux pour John Cameron Mitchell qui met la lumière sur l'absence de communication dans ce couple qui s'aime toujours malgré l'évènement terrible qui les a frappés. Becca est pleine de reproches : envers elle-même pour ne pas avoir suffisamment veillé sur son garçon, envers son mari pour ne pas avoir fermé le portail, envers le chien après lequel Jason a couru sur la route. Si Howie manifeste moins son mal-être, il n'en est pas moins affecté et a besoin de la présence de parents ayant vécu la même situation et avec lesquels il peut parler quand sa femme le refuse. Le film est pesant et triste, mais jamais larmoyant. Des petites notes d'humour y ont même leur place, pour soulager quelque peu le poids du drame, comme cela se passe dans la « vraie » vie. Subtil, fort, touchant, le scénario est aidé par le jeu de Kidman et Eckhart, tout en retenue et à propos.
January 28, 2011
Very sad, brilliantly acted film about the loss of a child and finding the power to move on. Brilliantly acted by Nicole Kidman & Aaron Eckhart, and a nice supporting part from the always wonderful Dianne Wiest. The problem with the movie is that nothing, aside from the brilliant acting, sets it apart from a TV movie-of-the-week. It's good, but ultimately & unfortunately forgettable...
May 8, 2012
I'm a little familiar with the play and something I liked were the small modern updates. Like the scene with the video (which was really well done) is normally a tape that gets accidentally taped over. Here, it's accidentally deleted off of his phone, which worked. Overall, I thought this was really well done, and stayed true to the source material while adapting it for a movie. (Like adding the Sandra Oh character, I liked her a lot.) I mean, it doesn't hurt that David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the screenplay. The acting in this is really well done from the ensemble as a whole. Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart are great, and this was a great debut for Miles Teller. Dianne Wiest and Tammy Blanchard round out the cast well. There were a couple of times where it was on the verge of slipping into melodrama, but the actors managed to pull it back, and the moments of lightness (Aaron Eckhart and Sandra Oh smoking pot before group for example) throughout make it not as heavy and it could have been. Overall, really well done.
December 19, 2010
She: and then
He: nothing, something new will happen and we will see...
February 8, 2014
not a date-movie. Miles Teller's first movie-- and he's already spectacular.
December 7, 2010
An honest depiction of a profound tragedy that is as well written as it is acted. Love this move.
muffin0681
June 13, 2013
Life for a happy couple (Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart) is turned upside down after their young son dies in an accident.

also stars Diane Wiest, Miles Teller, Tammy Blanchard, Sandra Oh, Giancarlo Esposito, John Tenney and Stephen Mailer.

directed by John Cameron Mitchell.
Sylvester K

October 11, 2012
An unexpected surprise from John Cameron Mitchell. It may be painful to watch at times but the light comedy mixed with brilliant dialogues and performance by Kidman and Eckhart. The characters seemed realistic enough, the transition from stage to film created an alternative atmosphere which worked well to create the realism. But honest to God, Sandra Oh needs to die, she's God dang ugly, why on Earth was she cast in the first place? Sick. I just wish that I could erase her from existence. Rabbit Hole is a well crafted tragedy.
November 6, 2013
this one is deep and tough movie. academy award 2010 nominated best actress (Nicole Kidman) give her best acting in this movie. she played as struggle and depress mother who lost her 4 year old child. this movie very expert in describing sadness,struggling and depression feeling. success take us to feel same way. the unique is you can find out what is the meaning of this title. there is a specific intent about the meaning. great ending give us a solution and one of great conclusion. this is one of the best way, movie delivered an expectation of live.
October 1, 2013
A beautiful (and very sad) movie... Well crafted, superb acting.
September 17, 2013
An overrated dirge involving a couple who had nothing likable about them. Dull.
September 7, 2013
A nice little movie (with a little bit of confidence missing from the storytelling). It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but maybe that's okay.
December 21, 2010
The difficult endeavour of trying to cope with a loved one's loss is truly heart-wrenching and life-changing. This difficult journey is beautifully and elegantly portrayed in this movie. John Cameron Mitchell's first actual drama is a well-shot and well-directed adaptation of David Lindsay-Abaire's Pulitzer Prize-winning play (of the same name).

Becca (Nicole) and Howie (Aaron) lost their their young 4-year-old son Danny eight months ago in a car accident, and they are still stuck in a maze of guilt, longing, regret, memory, pain, and rage, and a state of meaninglessness.

It's mainly the stellar cast which boosts this strong emotional journey with their powerful acting. Talented actors like Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart give one of their best performances. Dianne Wiest and debutant Miles Tellar give moving and compelling portrayals of their supporting characters.

Every person is different, and each one us have a different way of dealing with loss. Sometimes it drives people mad, sometimes they look for someone to blame, sometimes they blame themselves completely, sometimes they judge the way other people are dealing with it, sometimes it drives people apart, sometimes it brings people together, sometimes it drives people to question the very nature of life itself, and most of the times, it changes people forever.

For me, the two scenes which really made an impact are: the argumentative confrontation between Becca and Howie in the living room, and the emotional confession of the teenage car-driver to Becca in the park. These scenes stand out because of their sheer brutal honesty.

[Anyone who has lost a loved one will surely love this movie]
hipsterfilmreviews
April 2, 2013
Confusingly decent acting with terrible cliche dialog, so that you almost can't tell what's going wrong.
December 7, 2011
An amazing drama starring Nicole Kidman and Dianne Wiest (one of my favorite actresses - she is in In Treatment). This movie is a really really sad film about a married couple that loses their young son Danny in a car accident. As a parent it is really hard to watch this movie and I would put it in the same league as Bella, The Greatest, and Sophie's Choice.
July 16, 2013
It's a deep subject, although not handled as deep as it could have gone, there's a mainstream streak running through it throughout.
July 14, 2013
This is an excellent drama about a couple who deal in different ways with the tragic loss of their young son. It had me interested from the very beginning, and I especially liked the relationship between Jason and Becca, who through her pain could still show a lot of sympathy towards the person who had killed her child.