The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999)
Average Rating: 3.9/10
Reviews Counted: 33
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 26
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5/10
Critic Reviews: 6
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.6/5
User Ratings: 49,761
The Rage: Carrie 2 is set in a small town high school, where the members of the football team set the social order. Emulating the "Spur Posse" from Lakewood, California, the boys on the team compete to see who can seduce the most girls, rating them on a point system, and then discarding them as pathetic losers. The story opens with Lisa (Mena Suvari), a victim of this game who responds by jumping off the school to her death. Lisa turns out to be the only friend of Rachel Lang (Emily Bergl).
Mar 12, 1999 Wide
Oct 12, 1999
Zachery Ty Bryan
Eddie Kaye Thomas
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The best thing about Carrie 2 is the way the cruelties of the cliquish schoolgirls and macho jocks are built up so you're fairly itching to see them get their eyeballs popped out and their privates harpooned.
While the movie isn't a masterpiece, it's a really respectable follow-up to the DePalma film...
Carrie 2's schizy sexual persona comes complete with multiple close-ups of teen female T&A.
As bad as they come.
There is nothing worse than watching a bad movie while being constantly reminded of a great one.
This low-rent, convoluted follow-up gives the great original a bad name.
Audience Reviews for The Rage: Carrie 2
- Eric: What's a coyote date?
- Chuck: You don't know?
- Mark: That's when you wake up in the morning, some ugly chick sleeping on your arm and you'd rather gnaw it off than have to wake her up.
- Barbara Lang: You can't, have my daughter.
- Arnie: Love is 15 seconds of squishing noises.
- Mark: Rachel, listen. That Lisa girl, she had these pictures that have what you might call sentimental value. I figured 20 bucks ought to cover it. What do you want, 30?
- Rachel Lang: They're not your pictures.
- Mark: It's not like she's gonna be picking them anytime soon, is it?
- Jesse Ryan: Cut it out, man.
- Mark: All right, Rachel, I'll tell you what. How 'bout l swing by when you get off work? I'll take you out for a cruise. Come on, I don't bite. Unless you want me to.
- Rachel Lang: I don't think so.
- Mark: Why not?
- Rachel Lang: Cause I'm a dyke.
- Monica: (while being videotaped from behind) Will you please refrain from shooting my ass?
- Rachel Lang: (to Sue) With all due respect lady, you are seriously bad sh*t. I am walking back into the real world now.
Discuss The Rage: Carrie 2 on our Movie forum!