17% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer Reviews

Todd A.
March 6, 2014
It's got a catchy song or two but this movie is poorly animated, poorly written, and just plain stupid. My IQ fell a bit after this viewing.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
June 13, 2006
Seen it before, want to own it
June 28, 2012
Even in the world of merchandise tie-in animated movies, this Rainbow Brite outing is pretty terrible. One of the main points of the film revolves around the Big Bad tying a rope around a planet and towing it to her home with a spaceship. Yeah, okay. Then there are the unnecessary comic asides with two bumbling villains that don't work on any level. Over on the editing and scripting side, the action constantly shifts away from Rainbow Brite and her mission just to keep the ancillary characters fresh in the minds of the audience. Those minor scenes, though, last a whopping 30 to 45 seconds, never providing enough time for those sequences to do anything of importance. The end result is a film that goes beyond cheesy to so sugary sweet I wanted to get my teeth checked after watching it. Even other blatant money grabs of the decade like the Transformers and G.I. Joe movies included risk and, well, real world stakes. There's nothing like that here, if you include winter not being able to go away...and the people of Earth literally giving up because of the snow and grayness. Really?
April 11, 2012
she brings colour to the world! what more do ya need to know?
June 2, 2011
I totally enjoyed this when I was a kid!
AJ V

March 24, 2011
Yes, it's a cheesy kids cartoon-based movie from the 80s, but it actually was really cool, the story is good and so is the animation. I enjoyed it, and I think kids today will still like it too.
The80sExpert
October 21, 2010
A wonderful kids movie full of hope and life lessons! I even enjoyed it, and I'm not a kid anymore.
Jason Vargo
Jason Vargo

February 26, 2011
January 30, 2011
I watched this today to see if it would be as awesome as I remember it was circa 1985....good news, it TOTALLY was! Although I don't remember her horse talking, or being gay, but then his name IS Starlight and he does have a beautiful rainbow main!
samanthaseaotter
January 27, 2010
direct to video crap
June 4, 2009
The better of the two movie but that has more to do with the plot than anything.
April 13, 2009
I loved this movie as a kid.
carolannhangel
February 24, 2009
loved this when i was younger
April 18, 2007
was a bit strange. Not like the tv show but still fun.
shychef30
August 23, 2008
i want this movie, I was a big fan of Rainbow Brite
pino4649
August 14, 2008
This is what made me a Rainbow Brite fan. The TV series was ok, I watched it too, but this was much more darker than the TV show ever got. The monsters Rainbow had to fight were amazing and I loved Orin, since he was so much like Yoda.