Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag Reviews

½ October 1, 2007
This is the most effective spoof ever made. It is so flat that it irons out every emotion or reaction from the original. The villain who scared everyone in a radius of 50-50 miles is no longer scary and better, not reduced to comic moments. The best comic scenes in the original don't bring a smile but they don't become tragic either. This deserves a five star for effort and a tenth of it for the movie.
September 6, 2007
I'm stunned by just how much RGV managed to mess this one up. It's just truly awful, a disgrace to the original.
½ June 18, 2011
no wonder it is such a flop...
½ August 13, 2010
Not even closer to the real one Sholay
½ August 6, 2010
Not nearly as bad as everyone says it is.
½ July 23, 2010
Not sure why this movie gets all the bad reviews that it has spurred?? Is it a great movie no, but for an movie that runs over two and a half hours it kept my interest which at that running time is hard to do. Let me preface this by saying that I dislike Bollywood movies in general and I have never seen the original movie this is supposed to be remaking, so my critique has very little value in those aspects, rather my remarks come from the enjoyment or lack thereof i had while watching the movie. The acting at times wasn't the greatest but it was far from bad. The story was interesting enough albeit a bit mushed together (even with the 2hour and 40 min run time). I really enjoyed the villain played by Amitabh Bachchan he played the role perfectly. Why this movie is on the IMDB bottom 100 (currently at #12) is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps the original movie is so well loved that people are upset that this one wasn't as good but by no means is this a bad movie if you have no knowledge of the original. Oh yes the one thing that really ruined the movie for me and earned it a lower mark than I might have given it otherwise was the terrible subtitle translation. I don't know how accurate it was because I don't speak a lick of Indian, but the English was terrible...I had to stop and think about many sentences because the grammar was so bad.
½ February 17, 2010
poorly directed and very boring.
October 6, 2009
insane movie..2 thumbs up... mohanlal's professional and steady acting..amitabh bachan's actings which incinerates the audience.. BRAVO..
September 2, 2009
what an awesome movie
May 20, 2009
wel i havnt seen this(don wanna either) but i feel u definitely shud
October 1, 2008
For sheer (unintentional) hilarity :-D
½ March 13, 2008
should have been left in production, the reason why there is a question mark over the future productions of RGV.
½ July 12, 2008
This is a insult to Sholay, I can't beleve RGV thinks he is the biggest fan of Sholay then pays tribute to it in such a whorish fashon. Casting - Shite, Direction - Pooh, Script - why who? Music - please!!! Hate is a strong word but in this case most fitting.
½ June 26, 2008
Pretty woeful but it has its moments. The little girl who played Ghungroo was good.
June 23, 2008
This was just abysmal! I'm not saying he should not have remade the biggest Indian movie ever, but why did it turn out so bad? I was so guttedI could not get a refund after watching it.
½ June 1, 2008
Amitabh was great. the movie itself looks rediculous infront of Sholay. As Ramesh Sippy(director of sholay) said, ramu is being brave and stupid at the same time.
½ March 13, 2008
If you plan to watch this rendition of the Bollywood classic, be sure to bring a box of tissues--for even the toughest can be brought to tears because of how bad it is. Varma is my favorite Indian director and Sholay is one of my all-time favorite Hindi movies. Combining the two would naturally peak my interest. Unfortunately, not only did it not deliver, the movie was painstaking to watch. From acting, to dialogues, to the botched reenactions of the classic moments, this tragic mistake is better left unwatched and forgotten.
March 10, 2008
i love to watch Nisha Kothari
February 19, 2008
an awesome movie.. I simply love the role of Heero and Raj... As for Amitacbh Bachan, my applause to him....
½ February 5, 2008
Crashed! RGV's plane crashed with only a few survivors!

Amitabh bacchan ,Mohanlal and only few have survived!