Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
Average Rating: 4.1/10
Reviews Counted: 31
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 22
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 3
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 98,552
The dark-horse box-office hit First Blood spawned this even more successful sequel in which Sylvester Stallone, reprising his role as ex-Green Beret loner John Rambo, is extricated from prison by his former superior Colonel Trautman (Richard Crenna) for a top-secret operation to bring back POWs still held in Vietnam. Teamed up with a female Vietnamese freedom fighter (Julia Nickson), Rambo embarks on a "reconnaissance" mission. A love interest develops in the beautiful young guide -- she dies by
May 24, 1985 Wide
Aug 29, 2000
Latest News on Rambo: First Blood Part II
August 27, 2012:Read James Cameron's Script for Rambo: First Blood Part II
What might have been.
January 23, 2008:Total Recall: Journey to the Center of Rambo
This week, Sly Stallone revives one of his most iconic characters. In Rambo, John Rambo is back,...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
To anyone who doesn't share the camera's adoration, this sort of behavior becomes so comic that Rambo turns into something of a camp classic.
...precisely the sort of unapologetically brutal piece of work that's sorely missing from contemporary multiplexes.
Far from credible, but a terrific, cheer-out-loud action film nevertheless. Immediately and deservedly made Stallone's John Rambo a great individualistic screen hero to rival Eastwood's Dirty Harry.
The one man demolition squad blasts away again!
A fossilized abomination, thankfully relegated to the bygone decade which spawned it.
The weakest of the Rambo trilogy, but still a fun film to watch if you're in the mood for explosions and Stallone at his muscle-bound grunting best.
Corny, sure, but a hell of a lot of fun...
Audience Reviews for Rambo: First Blood Part II
Movies Like Rambo: First Blood Part II
- John Rambo: To survive a war, you gotta become war.
- Trautman: What you choose to call hell, he calls home.
- John Rambo: Murdock...
- Trautman: He's here.
- Murdock: Rambo, this is Murdock, we're glad you're alive. Where the hell are you? Give us your position and we'll come to pick you up!
- John Rambo: Murdock... I'm coming to get you!
- Murdock: Rambo it's good to hear you're alive, give us your coordinates and well get you out of there.
- John Rambo: Murdock, I'm coming for you.
- John Rambo: Sir, do we get to win this time?
- Trautman: This time it's up to you.
- John Rambo: I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
- Trautman: How will you live, John?
- John Rambo: Day by day.
Discuss Rambo: First Blood Part II on our Movie forum!