Rango - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rango Reviews

November 23, 2015
Overrated . I didn't really like this film . I found it quite boring .
February 22, 2012
With a great visual style, and superb (as expected) performance from Johnny Depp, Rango manages to entertain.
½ August 6, 2011
Well, so apparently Gore Verbinski doesn't know how to make a kids' movie, though it is pretty entertaining if you get some of the references that it relies too heavily on. It mostly works.
½ October 27, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: The music, tone and themes feel genuinely fresh, and the character of Rango himself is great
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Plot. Or rather lack of - 'Rango' doesn't feel like anything much at all happens. That's a real problem in a film that's supposed to be entertaining and fun
VERDICT: A very average animation that's quirky without being particularly interesting or exciting
October 23, 2015
Rango is a one of a kind movie in a sense that it is entertaining yet emotional at the same time.
March 2, 2011
George Lucas' company ILM proves to be a match for Pixar with their first animation, an amazing fun ride that is dazzling, touching and highly entertaining. A wonderful homage to Westerns and the Italian spaghetti subgenre, deliciously subverting the figure of the anti-hero in a story with many welcome references.
April 30, 2011
Beautifully animated at the uniquely original standards with Johnny Depp's charisma in the voice acting format leading the show to make this an entertaining western as one of the genre's best, no matter what format and size it'd manifested. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
October 12, 2015
This tribute to the great spaghetti western has got to be one of the greatest animated films of all time.
½ March 7, 2011
110304: Fantastic show for those Western fans who just can't get enough. Fun endearing characters, humour and action. May not be suited to younger children as there are some scary characters and it's actually quite a long movie (it also slows a bit in the middle). I will definitely add this movie to my collection when it comes out. Fun will be had looking for all the smaller subtle details.
March 13, 2011
It works not only as good family entertainment but as a good film in general.
½ August 26, 2015
Its unabashed weirdness and rather formulaic plot might not appeal to all audiences. Nevertheless, Rango benefits from being not just a solid animated film, but a darn fine Western on its own right thanks to a palpable atmosphere and visual panache.
October 7, 2012
I went in to see Rango with low expectations, yet I was shocked to see a brilliantly animated story with great voices. It creates a vibrant situation that all ages can enjoy, Johnny Depp absolutely nails it as Rango and there are quirky moments that make you laugh, and deep moments that make you think. It's a roller coaster ride on one of the best movies of the year.
August 15, 2015
I honestly didn't really like this one. It was kinda meh.
August 14, 2015
This is one of my kids favourites. The elder people like it to. Kids and elder people like the western music, and kept singing stuff from it for a long time. They want to see it now and then, so that means to me that it is a winner. I would compare it to Pixars up and away because it has stuff for kids and parents.
The animation is showing us the body language of a scared faking lizard pretty well. Rango suits "children" of all ages and that is why i liked it.
½ July 30, 2015
I was at my best friend's house when I finally decided to watch this movie, a long time after it had come out on DVD. We were both very surprised of how good the movie was, despite of it's strange trailer and overall appearence.]
July 26, 2015
This movie is very odd, but in a good way. It was an entertaining movie and one of the best animated films of the year.
February 25, 2015
A disappointing animated movie which just doesn't gel together and is ultimately forgettable. AAWA
½ June 13, 2015
Must've been a rough year for this to win an Oscar. The trippy parts are cool, but I spent the rest of the film rolling my eyes.
August 13, 2014
A surprisingly deep film for a children's flick, Rango is absolutely fun in every way. (A-)
May 18, 2015
Even in animated films, Johnny Depp is undeniably charismatic.