Reality - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reality Reviews

October 6, 2012
Garrone uses many elegant long takes and an evoking soundtrack to tell this fascinating, dream-like character study about a common fishmonger who gradually grows obsessed with the idea of being famous - leading him to mix his yearnings with reality.
366weirdmovies
September 10, 2013
A fishmonger from Naples loses his grip on reality as he waits to hear back from his audition for the Italian version of the "Big Brother" TV show. Slow but rich, with layers of satire and allegory and great long tracking shots of glorious Naples.
January 5, 2016
One of the best Italian films I've seen. I bet this is way too close to the bone of anyone across the world who "dream" of being a reality TV star. Thinking about some of them watching this is what I enjoyed most about this film. It's a funny situation and a very enjoyable film.
½ May 29, 2015
Once again, I seem to be alone in my opinion on this film. I watched it again just to be sure I hadn't missed something. For me, this movie was just dull.
½ November 13, 2013
A critique of the society that is bewitched by the idiocy of the reality shows but told in a slow and boring way. Basically the movie keeps saying the same things in the same way for its entire duration.
November 9, 2013
Billed as a comedy, it is really anything but. The main character's obsession with making it on Reality TV starts a downward spiral that destroys his mostly stable life. He gives up his own reality in an attempt to achieve broader recognition and fame, but he loses both realities in the process.
August 29, 2013
a movie that's not one that tells you what to think or not .a very good Character study that makes you think about your dreams to be better than you are but how to not loess your self . could have been cut down but not at all a bad ride
½ August 27, 2013
the natural answer to "Cinema Paradiso"
½ August 19, 2013
A partly funny yet ultimately sad tale of a man whose hope for success spirals him down into paranoia and destruction. Brilliantly acted and deftly directed, this deliberately paced and consuming drama about fame and it's broken promises is a must see.
½ July 26, 2013
A bit too bizarre, the protagonist is too unrelatable to be generalized.
The comments with regard to other social constructs besides reality TV shows is too vague.
July 20, 2013
Grimm's Fairy Tales meets The Wild West via Hollywood. Script laughable in places but laugh out loud in others. Great entertainment. A third or fourth date movie. It's not pretending to be Ingmar Bergman, but hokum entertainment and it delivers without letting up the pace throughout.
May 25, 2013
Sometimes I found it slow and boring, sometimes interesting and moving. A true sad story.
May 21, 2013
For Italian comedy lovers, great direction, touching characters,... we miss Italy on screen.
May 15, 2013
Effective satire about a fame-obsessed individual who loses his reality.
½ April 26, 2013
Italian film delivering a fairly well-worn message with qurikiness but a strong sense of realism. The marridge of old and new school entertaiments collides to interesting effect within the film, it's sudden polt descent towards its climax the slight frustration overall.
April 6, 2013
Probably the best film I seen this year, a story about paranoia and insanity..was not expecting that...
April 1, 2013
my only problem with this piece is that it's too long other than that i enjoyed the campy-esque style of it.
½ February 3, 2013
Begins well, then gradually loses steam and sputters to a near standstill until the quiet coda perks your interest. But it's too late and the coda can't save the movie.
½ August 24, 2012
Breaking News: Reality shows suck and turn people into morons...