RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Red Tails and This Means War

Summary

This week on home video, we've got a smattering of commercial misfires and critical darlings, with a little bit of horror tossed in for spice. The biggest releases we have unfortunately fall into the former category, with a spy love triangle comedy and an arguably too old-fashioned story about the Tuskegee Airmen. Following that up are the latest from Studio Ghibli, a completely under-the-radar sci-fi romance, Daniel Radcliffe's first post-Potter film, Abbas Kiarostami's latest, and a collection of buddy cop classics. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

Rybot 2.0

Ryan Fujitani

It's something we're aware of, and it's on our to-do list. Sorry about that!

May 22 - 10:28 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

No prob. If its the worst thing that happens to me today I'm doing pretty good. ;) But it would be nice to be able to talk about the trailers, etc.

May 22 - 11:03 AM

Rybot 2.0

Ryan Fujitani

I understand. That's precisely why we started putting noteworthy trailers and photo galleries in our news ticker: to give you all a place specifically to talk about them. But that function is currently broken, and it's on our engineers' radar.

May 22 - 12:03 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Adding trailers to the news section really only works once the comments are enabled. There's already a 'featured trailer' section as a sidebar. This is just a good way to keep a lot of zeros to the right of news items.

May 23 - 09:24 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

May 22 - 11:03 AM

Rybot 2.0

Ryan Fujitani

May 22 - 12:03 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

May 23 - 09:24 AM

Not L.

Not Likely

You heard red tails was really good?

Perhaps you need to take another glance at the tomato meter score and read some of the reviews

May 22 - 11:53 AM

Rybot 2.0

Ryan Fujitani

May 22 - 12:03 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

That's really too bad. I guess I'm not surprised at all, given that the trailers and clips I saw were rather bad. Looks like I won't even be renting it; like you, I thought that maybe it'd be so cheesy bad, that it's fun enough to rent for a buck and change. There seemed to be a major disconnect between the CGI and live scenes. Maybe if Lucas releases an "Action Only" version, I'll watch it. :) It's all really gone to Lucas's head. He's like the Howard Hughes of filmmakers. For a movie about inequality, racism and freedom, Lucas sure doesn't let the people he hires exercise some freedom. He may have hired writers and a director, but it looks and sounds like Lucas's handprints are all over the movie.

May 22 - 01:00 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

As Janson says, Lucas did hire some writers to do the script, and Lucas didn't direct it either. But the problem is Lucas himself. He still exerts too much control over his movies, even if he isn't writing or directing. The movie still looks like a movie written and directed by Lucas. It looks as bad, or even worse, than the SW prequels. Lucas is so big, rich and powerful that he won't relinquish that control over any movie made by LucasFilm.

May 22 - 01:03 PM

Kimberly Yarick

Kimberly Yarick

-sigh- I would so pick up Arrietty but I'm not able to hit the stores today. Wasn't able to see it in theaters and now I'm not able to get the DVD as soon as I can.

...the universe is conspiring against me.

May 22 - 02:34 PM

Ariel Ramírez Millán

Ariel Ramírez Millán

Red Tails, This Means War, The Woman in Black and The Secret World of Arrrietty

May 22 - 04:02 PM

Jacob H.

Jacob Holmes

Definitely getting Arrietty and the other Studio Ghibli movies that came out with it(Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart). It's really a shame that those movies get the shaft in their U.S. theatrical releases.

May 22 - 05:43 PM

Sean D.

Sean D

Lethal Weapon? AWWW YEAH!

May 22 - 06:57 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

May 23 - 09:24 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer