• PG-13, 2 hr.

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Red Tails Reviews

September 14, 2014
The Tuskegee airmen deserve a whole lot better than this.

An incredible badly written, directed and acted movie. The script is where the problems start: lame, contrived, implausible, laughable at times and hung ho with very silly dialogue. It's as if it was written for kids. It does no justice to the actual 332nd Fighter Group.

Direction is similar. Over-the-top, unrealistic action scenes. CGI that looks like it comes out of a video game. No, wait, video games are more realistic-looking.

Performances are hammy. Terrance Howard is capable of better performances. It is par for the course for Cuba Gooding Jr, however: he peaked with Jerry Maguire and it's been all down-hill since then. There are no performances that do credit to the acting profession.

Very disappointing.
July 14, 2012
The visual effects of this soaring war film were under some of the effects of Lucas. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording and requires another viewing)
September 5, 2014
It took Lucas 20 years to make this flick? He should've kept it on the shelf at Skywalker Ranch..
Adrian P.
September 5, 2014
Bland and poorly acted, with way to much schmaltz. Go watch Memphis Belle again instead.
September 3, 2014
Terrible movie the labor camp looked like a hotel with lights new clothes ect... Nice fairy tale I guess
August 17, 2014
Not gritty enough, no foul language (apart from the word "nigger"). Also the opening scene almost had me instaquitting; some machineguns sounded like ion-blasters and the flying was just too damn computerized. But as I'm interested in this unit, WWII and flying I didn't give up and guess what? The movie actually grew on me and it's definitely worth watching. Apart from that, as the movie is somewhat "clean" I'd recommend it for any history class with kids 10+ years of age. There's plenty of action and the flying gets better :)
September 5, 2012
There is good history knowledge here. However, it is way too happy and corny. This is war right? It almost seems like a Disney flick. I found it hard to differentiate the characters and stay interested.
July 10, 2014
I thought the movie was great. Movies written on fact are often great. Watched for the 4th time on HBO recently . Saw it at the theater and it was worth it.
September 25, 2012
Okay story. Well done effects.
June 28, 2014
Black people can't be pilots!
June 16, 2014
Historia real eh sempre interressante.
September 26, 2011
You see how prejudice is old and appears in the most unusual places! Out Prejudice! Beautiful movie.
July 31, 2013
The underdeveloped characters and incredibly hackeneyed script don't let this film do any real justice to the legacy of the Tuskegee airmen, but when the aerial battles are taking place, the film soars.
January 20, 2012
I finally got to see it. Honestly I was a little disappointed thought it was going to be much better then it was. But all and all not a bad movie just could have been a lot better then it was.
April 27, 2014
Pretty bad movie, acting and script was horrible...
Patrick King - REEL BRIEF
April 4, 2014
First African American pilots ever take to the skies during WWII in this George Lucas movie. If you already know the remarkable story of these Tuskegee Airmen, you'll be disappointed and left wanting more from this film--the movie skips by the unbelievable obstacles these aviators had to overcome way too quickly. Very poor acting combines with an average script...neither providing justice to the true story and exceptional men of the 332nd Fighter Group. Grade: C-
Richard S.
February 27, 2014
A good movie that every African-American person should watch.
tehe
February 18, 2014
It was good movie that shows what we already know really. Still had great visuals and solid movie.
April 20, 2013
Dear lord, what a wasted opportunity this was! This film had all the potential to be Glory in the skies, but it instead wastes it's incredible historical criteria on a cliche ridden story, shallow characters, and over the top fight sequences. The acting is less than stellar, and the soundtrack is just awful.
Jason C

January 25, 2014
Talk about an out of place actor. Every time they showed Terrance Howard, I felt bad for the guy. To have to do Red Tails.....

Oh yeah, the movie. Red Tails is a well produced, poorly written, directed, acted movie. The fight sequences were very good and the CG was top notch. Red Tails doesn't have any punch, and the "racist people are all bad people" scenes don't evoke any strong emotion. Not really worth typing much more. It's not a good movie.