Red 2

Red 2

42%

Red 2 or R.I.P.D.

Both action/comedies coming out on the exact same weekend, so which are you going to see?
I'm seeing Red 2 because I likes the first one a lot.
Blondie
07-9-2013 07:54 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

literally saw Red 2 half an hour ago
it was fun and looked a billion times better than R.I.P.D

Aug 7 - 11:49 AM

Toby Mcguire

Toby Mcguire

rotten tomatoes is becoming such a joke the consensus initially said although the plot is jumbled and the movie isn't very funny and that THE ACTORS ARE NOT INTERESTED now it basically says the opposite, movie is fun at points but HARD TO ARGUE WITH IMPECCABLE CAST

Aug 2 - 02:29 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Yeah, lord knows it's IMPOSSIBLE the consensus has changed over time.

Aug 3 - 10:05 PM

Derek Schmalzer

Derek Schmalzer

Red 2. ripd is not worth the $20 u'll spend at the movies rent it when it comes out. Red 2 is somewhat worth the $20 you'll spend at the movies. First one was obviously better as is the case with 99% of films.

Jul 29 - 02:48 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

RED 2

Jul 28 - 05:32 AM

Will S.

Will Sullivan

Red 2 was pretty good.

Jul 25 - 01:04 AM

Mohammad Ishaqat

Mohammad Ishaqat

Red 2

Jul 22 - 06:06 PM

Sharlene Gilman

Sharlene Gilman

Saw RIPD last evening, after a week of 95 degree temps. Yes, the air conditioning was good & so was the popcorn, which might not say much for the movie, but I was entertained and mildly missing the classic Ghostbusters & the original MIB, superior to their subsequent 2 sequels. What's so wrong with being mildly entertained on a hot summer night?

Jul 22 - 09:32 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I saw Red 2. It was enjoyable, but nothing special. Probably never gonna see RIPD.

Jul 21 - 05:22 PM

Kimberly Sinclair

Kimberly Sinclair

I really enjoyed Red 2. Funny and entertaining. It's true that Bruce Willis looks like he has a stick up his a** and the chemistry between him and Mary-Louise Parker is not there, but she is first rate, steals the show, really, and you can't go wrong with Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, and Anthony Hopkins in the game. Was great fun. Don't believe the critics.

Jul 21 - 04:46 PM

Jacob S.

Jacob Stevenson

Red 2 had its moments and was better than I thought it would be despite not living up to its predecessor (which I expected for the most part). RIPD looks like crap.

Jul 21 - 05:56 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Red 2 all the way, the cast is just top notch, and it is a comedic action adventure, I just cannot resist a sequel like that to a witty predecessor.

Jul 20 - 01:23 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Diego Hard With a Vengeance

Red 2, but preferably neither.

Jul 19 - 10:43 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

The Conjuring. Then Red 2. Never RIPD.

Jul 19 - 12:08 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

Red 2 because I loved the first movie and R.I.P.D got a dogshit from Jeremy Jahns (youtube movie reviewer) so I'll wait for the DVD to come out.

Jul 18 - 12:31 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

RIPD looks better to me...

Jul 17 - 06:17 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

not a chance

Jul 21 - 04:58 PM

G_man

Galen Mountfort

Probably neither, Red 2 has bad early reviews while R.I.P.D has no reviews two days from opening, never a good omen.

Jul 17 - 02:53 PM

Tom Decker

Tom Decker

you r stupid if u listen to critics

Jul 17 - 10:05 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

Listening to other people's opinions makes people stupid??

Jul 18 - 07:45 AM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

if you think listening to critics is stupid, then get off Rotten Tomatoes!

Jul 18 - 12:21 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Good point! I'm gonna go watch Bucky Larson, followed by Disaster Movie. Boy, this is so much better than The Godfather. Life is so much better this way.

Jul 18 - 07:32 PM

David G.

David Gee

I would say you're stupid if you listen to people who use "r" and "u" to make their point.

Jul 19 - 11:13 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Too right mate.

Jul 20 - 01:23 AM

Derek Schmalzer

Derek Schmalzer

the critics are critics themselves. half the movies I see that are good the critics say they are terrible. I take it with a grain of salt like renting at redbox. If critics say go see a movie does not mean the movie is amazing and vice versa kinda like the weather channel a 50% chance it will suck or be good.

Jul 29 - 02:45 PM

Glen W.

Glen Waugh

The Conjuring seems like a better bet than both of these.

Jul 17 - 12:25 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

If you are in a comedic mood, either see This is the End again or Red 2.

Jul 20 - 01:24 AM

James Mitchell

anders peter

eh both i guess, not sure why they exist but i aint got nothin better to do

Jul 16 - 07:10 PM

ssaftler

Scott Saftler

I'm with Tyler, both for me. RIPD does look like an MIB ripoff, but still looks like good fun.

Jul 16 - 09:04 AM

sophisticatedreviews

Caleb Ninja

I guess you could say they R.I.P.D. Men In Black off...

Jul 17 - 04:35 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

Why do you guys insist on RIPD being a MIB ripoff? Rest In Peace Department is a comic from a while back...

Jul 17 - 06:21 PM

David Gilmer

David Gilmer

From the looks of things, RIPD could eclipse MIB.

Jul 18 - 07:46 AM

sophisticatedreviews

Caleb Ninja

Have you even seen RIPD? It is MIB. With 'Monsters'.

Jul 22 - 06:22 PM

Mlaner Vladik

Mlaner Vladik

I'd rather see "Red 2," as I think RIPD looks (and will be) awful. Not sure what Bridges is doing. Just saw a trailer for "The Seventh Son" (or something like that) due out next summer. Looks like another turd. He had "Crazy Heart" and "True Grit." Now it seems like he's (or his agent is) picking really bad stuff.

I'm guessing "Red 2" won't be very good either. The first was a good movie, a surprise hit. I'm guessing the 2nd will be a lazy ripoff of the 1st. If I see one, I'd see "Red." Doubt I'll see either in the theater really.

Jul 16 - 01:07 AM

Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty

I will probably see Red 2 for the simple reason that RIPD seems like a blatant MIB ripoff.

Jul 15 - 07:17 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler

I'll see both.

Jul 15 - 11:03 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

How about no.

Jul 15 - 12:13 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Red 2 all the way, Anthony Hopkins is just a prure joy in every film. Can't wait to see what he's like in this.

Jul 13 - 10:39 PM

The Wolf of Wall Street

Jordan Belfort

RIPD because of Jeff Bridges

Jul 13 - 02:38 PM

Shritan Varma

Shritan Varma

ill see anything including turbo and white house down which comes out this week in india...depending on showtimings

Jul 13 - 09:18 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Don't see White House Down. It was god-awful.

Jul 15 - 12:14 AM

Shritan Varma

Shritan Varma

are you sure...even for bad acting......is the action awesome...if no...no way and ripd all the way

Jul 15 - 05:40 AM

Tenzin KD

Tenzin KD

white house down was awesome

Jul 20 - 10:25 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

The action was dull and the acting was okay, but the plot line was sooooooo fucking generic. Oh and one of the silliest and most cliched endings I've ever seen. Do not go see White House Down.

Jul 21 - 04:59 AM

Don Eggert

Don Eggert

It was terrible with huge plot holes you could drive a truck through. Speaking of... they have half the Army outside the WH fence -- and no one breaks it down so the limo can drive out during the limo chase scene? That's where they lost me for good.

Jul 27 - 07:18 AM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

I would rather see R.I.P.D. Honestly

Jul 11 - 12:23 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile