Red 2

Red 2

42%

Red TWO?!?! WHY?

Red sucked. Everyone in it did terribly. It was Among Bruce Willis' and Morgan Freeman's worst performances. It was, in my opinion, Morgan Freeman's absolute worst performance. Malkovich did the best he could with the terrible script. 'Old man my ass!' - is that supposed to be funny?! That's some Lethal Weapon 7 dialogue! The girl from weeds was BLEEDING AWFUL! They're selling the sequel as 'better than the original.' Karl Urban was the only truly redeeming feature of the first. So bad, so bad. The money they used to make this movie could have helped cure cancer.
Michael Weiss
07-10-2013 10:36 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I just bought Red 2 for 3 bucks at a bazaar in Afghanistan...I enjoyed the first one. Looking forward to seeing part 2

Aug 25 - 05:10 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

Red 3 is the way of the future.

Aug 8 - 03:25 PM

Toby Mcguire

Toby Mcguire

that money was never going to cure cancer =/

Aug 2 - 03:35 PM

Will S.

Will Sullivan

The first Red was great! Red 2 was okay.

Jul 25 - 01:08 AM

Evan A.

Evan Adams

Agreed! I loved the first Red, but why in the hell would they even think about making a second one. I'd also like to know why they're making another Kickass...

Jul 30 - 07:47 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

there making another Kick-Ass because the first movie gained a huge cult following even though it didn't do very well in the box office, because there is a Kick-Ass 2 comic and because the first movie was awesome.

Aug 7 - 04:24 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Fkf

Jul 21 - 05:23 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

oooh rotten, damn, high hopes... oh well

Jul 19 - 08:36 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

"in my opinion"

Well if it was YOUR opinion, then why are you so shocked that a well received movie that made a fair chunk of money at the box office is getting a sequel?

Jul 18 - 07:34 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

What about what I said makes my 'in my opinion' inclusion such a focus. It doesn't make me a hypocrite. I dunno man, just because an average movie does a somewhat reasonable amount of money.. why does it get a sequel? Love the cast, hated the script and their execution, and damnit, the music was so bad, it was like Jason Siegel when he did the Seinfeld music when scoring in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, it seemed like a joke. Expendables (and Expendables deuce!!!) Have the old people doing action thing covered.

Jul 21 - 02:14 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

"just because an average movie does a somewhat reasonable amount of money.. why does it get a sequel?"

Because it made money and got good reviews (I believe in the 90%). Hollywood saw that as ripe for a sequel. I don't agree with the practice, but I still find it funny that you seem shocked by it still.

Jul 22 - 08:47 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

I mean seriously dude, Smurfs, Monsters Inc., Despicable Me, and Grown Ups are all getting sequels too, and RED is the movie you're shocked by?

Jul 22 - 08:49 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I feels you but I don't really pay attention to Adam Sandler driven movies any more and even less to things of the Smurfy nature. Red is in my genre that I follow closely and it just bothered me. Its almost like its doing throw back to the 90s before we're really seeing the 90s get old enough to be camp or nostalgic. Like very many things, I am not part of the popular majority, but Red quite specifically seemed very bad to me, Morgan Freeman had never been annoying to me, same with Malkovich.. I love them and wanted to love them here..

Jul 22 - 10:45 AM

Will S.

Will Sullivan

Despicable Me and Monsters Inc. were great movies. Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either (most people liked both).

Jul 25 - 01:10 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I didn't say anything unfavorable about them.. I liked Monsters Inc, I saw the new one too, it was aite. I've wanted to see Despicable Me but haven't.

Jul 25 - 05:35 AM

Will S.

Will Sullivan

I was talking to Justin. :)

Jul 25 - 09:04 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Hey, I didn't say I didn't like them either. My point was that Michael was being silly by being shocked that a critically acclaimed movie that did well at the box office is getting a sequel despite the fact that HE didn't like the first one.

Jul 25 - 10:07 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Hey, I didn't say I didn't like them either. I liked them both too actually. My point was that Michael was being silly by being shocked that a critically acclaimed movie that did well at the box office is getting a sequel despite the fact that HE didn't like the first one.

Jul 25 - 10:10 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Was it 'critically acclaimed' though? To me that means its universally known as exceptional and special. A movie can do well and be 'good' and not be really critically acclaimed. I was looking at a video box I have and the review quote was '***' which cracked me up. I wanted it to say '*** good.' I like a lot of movies, I promise I don't just talk shit.

Jul 27 - 10:39 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

It has 72% on here and I know rt is whatever but that's the low end of good.

Jul 27 - 10:44 AM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

for me, critically acclaimed means "critics said it was good". Vs. movies like Lincoln, or The Godfather in which they were HIGHLY critically acclaimed.

but even if critics all said Red sucked, doesn't matter. The first made money. Therefore sequel.

Jul 28 - 08:44 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

Even though I didn't laugh much this is definitely one of my favourite comedies ever.
It had action,humour,good acting (the opposite of what you thought) and John Malkovich being John Malkovich so I thought it was quite good and very entertaining!

Jul 18 - 12:28 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

You need therapy bud

Jul 18 - 02:47 AM

Mackenzie Herren

Mackenzie Herren

Really? You are so desperate to argue against this movie that you are going to use the cure cancer argument? Give me a break. That is just pathetic.

Jul 17 - 10:48 PM

Tom Decker

Tom Decker

SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE

Jul 17 - 10:07 PM

Mitch Andrews

Mitch Andrews

NO! you suck

Jul 17 - 11:17 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I like your response the best. It somehow has a wit to it that I respect. You're a good egg Mitch.

Jul 21 - 02:16 PM

Maineutral R.

Maineutral Reviewer

...man, guess you take movies way too heavy.

Jul 16 - 08:17 PM

Evan A.

Evan Adams

Many people do! It gets annoying after a while!

Jul 30 - 07:50 PM

James Mitchell

anders peter

i liked red. the sequel looks bad though

Jul 16 - 07:10 PM

David C.

David C

I liked Red. It was tongue and cheek humor, good action, decent enough plot. Not every movie is an academy award nominee (thank goodness). Now, I'm not saying they needed to make a sequel and it almost certainly will be mediocre.

Jul 16 - 06:29 PM

ssaftler

Scott Saftler

To quote the great Sgt. Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis"

Jul 16 - 09:05 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Calm down.

Jul 15 - 12:19 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I've calmed. Alex, I just saw Prometheus finally and I liked it. Did u see it?

Jul 21 - 02:17 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Yes. A pretty average flick. I prefer the first two Alien movies.

Jul 21 - 05:19 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Oh, you'll hate my ass for this too, but I liked Transformers 3 kinda, more than 2 by far and def not as good as 1 but I did see it this week and I thought it was tolerable apart from the model girl.

Jul 21 - 02:18 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

This is my opinion on Transformers. Number 1, a solid guilty pleasure movie. Number 2, horrible movie with not redeeming qualities . Number 3, serviceable entertainment with the best visuals of the franchise.

Jul 21 - 05:21 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Boom, nailed it.

Jul 22 - 10:41 AM

John Tyler

J *

Go fuck yourself.

Jul 15 - 11:05 AM

Billy Olds

Billy Olds

Well you should go watch Driving Miss Daisy again while the rest of us enjoy the"terrible" one liners and old guys blowing shit up.

Jul 15 - 01:32 AM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

I liked it quite a bit.

Jul 13 - 04:11 PM

Erin Toney

Erin Toney

If you had paid attention to the first movie you would've known that there was already a sequel planned regardless of if the first one did well or not. You sound quite angry about a film you claim you didn't like. It's just entertainment. Nothing to kill yourself over.

Jul 12 - 09:19 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I didn't watch the last few minutes. I had enough before it was over, when the acts changed, it never improved, no ending was going to redeem it for me.

Jul 13 - 09:48 AM

Tom Decker

Tom Decker

your stupid

Jul 17 - 10:07 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Nice grammar.

Jul 18 - 03:35 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Anthony Hopkins, nuff said. It's great to see old people kicking ass too.

Jul 12 - 04:13 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Anthony Hopkins is awesome, but so is Morgan Freeman and he was terrible in Red. I don't want to see Anthony Hopkins cringe his way through the same kind of dialogue as the first one.

Jul 12 - 08:33 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile