On DVD:
    Mar 5, 2013
  • Film District

What the fuck?

11%? lol not that bad
Alec Low
02-2-2013 02:07 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Tim Lee

Tim Lee

Thank you, Redbox, for the free movie promotional code sent via text this morning. It saved me from having to pay to watch that piss poor excuse of a movie. I was not happy with how far they strayed from the original and to set it in one place but film it 2300 miles away was just plain dumb. Prime example if why you shouldn't reboot a classic. Set in my current city of Spokane, WA yet filmed in my home state of Michigan. Pontiac, to be specific. The only way they could've made it a bigger joke would have been to give the part of the black mayor to Eddie Murphy in a Detroit Lions jacket and added a musical number. It's ONLY redeeming quality was they actually pronounced Spokane correctly. Other than that, total waste of time.

Apr 14 - 11:21 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

To be completely honest, I find most of critics' arguments against this movie flimsy at best. My working theory is that they're simply politically motivated to keep people from seeing this. Without a doubt, a large portion of film critics are liberal and I could easily see them dismissing this film merely for subject matter. So they dug deep and found some bullshit critiques that they wouldn't waste their time coming up with for other movies, laced it with some sarcasm and wrote some reviews. I'm not even conservative, I'm a libertarian, and I'm going to tell you right now, this film is really not bad. It wasn't great (nor was the original), the script was a little uneven, but truly not bad and nowhere near atrocious.

Apr 7 - 07:44 PM

Rene G.

Rene Girard

exactly!

May 23 - 09:14 AM

Sarah Jacobs

Sarah Jacobs

The only good thing about this movie was Chris Hemsworth. The lame ex Disney channel guy playing his younger brother was a horrible actor, and I could not for a second believe his macho act at the end of the film, he was a total puss the whole movie. I can't even fathom how he got the role. Im so glad I waited to rent this from redbox for $1.20.

Apr 4 - 12:32 PM

George Butiri

George Butiri

Right, Korea would never strike, just like the Taliban didn't str... oh, wait... nevermind.

Mar 26 - 12:52 AM

Chezna Rowell

Chezna Rowell

I actually really liked it.

Mar 22 - 06:11 PM

Megan Litts

Megan Litts

Me too!

Mar 23 - 06:33 PM

Devin Haralson

Devin Haralson

Waited a long time for this movie to finally come out and it sucked balls. Honestly i loved the 1st film from 1984 and i would have to say that it is in my all time favorites for action films, this remake should of never been made, horrible!!!

Mar 19 - 11:53 AM

Billy Buzz

Billy Buzz

lol pretty shabby movie

Mar 17 - 01:31 PM

Vikash Tirkey

Vikash Tirkey

A group of five teenage cannot stand against an army. Too stupid message to youngsters. If military know that a bunch of people are hiding 200m away from them then they will definitely kill them without breaking sweat.

Mar 16 - 08:11 AM

Ronald Wills

Ronald Wills

one man could defeat an army. so a group of them kid. open your mind a little.

Mar 28 - 07:41 PM

Jao Romero

Jao Romero

not that good either. so rating's just fine.

Mar 16 - 04:22 AM

Louis Shopen

Louis Shopen

No, worse.

Mar 9 - 12:13 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile