Red's Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red's Dream Reviews

½ April 24, 2013
The opening few shots of this take place in an oddly noirish setting. We then enter a bicycle shop, in the corner of which lies a rather downtrodden looking unicycle. The tone switches as we see the unicycle fantasizing about being a circus performer. By the end the tone has switched back and we end with a shot of the shop from the dimmed, rain soaked street. Red's Dream is a surprisingly dark and affecting short, I may never look at a unicycle in the same way again.
August 24, 2012
Very touching story with great visuals. Not my favorite Pixar short but it's still great.
½ April 23, 2012
This was so depressing, it made me feel so bad. The only problem was the dream sequence was a little to long. 3.5/5
January 2, 2012
Red's Dream is a decent enough short film from the early days of Pixar, it certainly isn't their best short in terms of story, but you can see throughout each of their shorts leading up to Toy Story how their animation improves, and the technology slowly gets better. This short isn't bad, but it doesn't reach the same heights as things like "Tin Toy" or "Luxo, Jr."
October 22, 2011
Pixar's short about Red the unicycle sums up my life. Only in dreams can you become what you really are, as an animation its a nice looking mini project for Pixar but nothing too fun or overtly complex.
August 4, 2011
Pixar's short about Red the unicycle sums up my life. Only in dreams can you become what you really are!
July 25, 2011
all this was good at was making you feel bad for the bike. I don't want to feel bad. I want to laugh. booo
June 24, 2011
A very funny short film by Pixar that teaches that not all dreams can come true.
½ June 2, 2011
Typical, sad Pixar film.
½ May 28, 2011
I feel bad for Red. This one is good though. B
½ January 26, 2011
I didn't like this much
½ October 18, 2010
It's a quite sad story about the Dream of Red. He dreams to be in a show but when he wakes up he is still in the Store and very lonely. The Animations are good and it's quite entertaining.
½ September 17, 2010
Very rough animation, but that just reminds us how far pixar have come. They always seem to know how to make us feel sympathy for an everyday object.
½ August 28, 2010
Historically interesting to see where Pixar got its start. Thats about it though.
June 5, 2010
The short film has a touching story a bit of a unicycle who wants to become famous, but there are too few actions and we understand why he did not reward it is not quite as exciting and have not evolved enough over the previous Pixar animated short.
April 3, 2010
This one's sad!!! :'( <\3
½ March 4, 2010
Filmik o tym, że marzenia wybrakowanych rowerków z przeceny si? nie spe?niaj?. ("Obejrzyj sobie te krótkie pixary, one s? takie pozytywne" - Anka Ch.)
ElCochran90
September 22, 2009
Touching... Pixar slowly starts to grow. It may resort to the overused technique of a dream sequence, but don't we all have illusions? Escaping from a world we didn't ask in the first place, Red's Dream enters that innocent, unavoidable realm.

66/100
January 17, 2010
This was sad a bit..
½ December 2, 2009
a very wierd story about a unicycle that dreams of performing at the circus with a clown.l