The Reivers

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

The Reivers Reviews

muffin0681
May 22, 2013
Itchy Feet, grand ideas and the freedom of hte open road inspire Boon Hogganbeck (Steve McQueen) to 'borrow' his boss's 1905 Winton Flyer automobile and take work colleague Ned McCaslin (Robert Crosse) on a road trip to Memphis for a bit of fun and a whole lot of mischef. Along for the ride is 12 year old Lucius (Mitch Vogel), destined to take it all in and keep check on his grandfather's beloved automobile. Adventure bound, the trio of 'reivers' - more commonly known as thieves - trick, con and charm their way to their destination and beyond, gambling everything and playing everyone all in the name of fun.

also stars Sharon Farrell, Will Geer, Lonny Chapman, Juano Hernandez, Clifton James, Ruth White and Burgess Meredith.

directed by Mark Rydell.
August 9, 2013
The Reivers gives us a glimpse of an America entering into the modern era. The Hand built Winton Flyer, kerosene lamps, waiting for the inevitable electric light, No social security for retiree's, the ugliness of racial hatred. Will Geer's performance as the wise patriarch of the McCaslin family is touching. All the actors in this movie meshed into the story line so well. Even the music was memorable.
January 5, 2013
ok period piece told like 'to kill a mockingbird' from a child's point of view though steve mcqueen is top billed.
December 14, 2012
The best ever movie made from a William Faulkner novel and one of my favorite movies. The Reivers is a classic Steve McQueen flick with a great cast and the best horse race scene ever made, but also it is also a wonderful coming-of-age story too, with Will Geer simply wonderful as the grandfather.
September 16, 2012
An old film but a brilliant adaptation of Faulkners last novel. Wish I could find it now.
December 24, 2011
Fun, nostalgic, thrill ride through Mississippi, based on the William Faulkner novel
studmuffin0681
October 3, 2011

also stars Sharon Farrell, Will Geer, Lonny Chapman, Juano Hernandez, Clifton James and Ruth White.

directed by Mark Rydell.
skbreese
May 3, 2008
doctodd
March 1, 2008
A funny cornball movie highlighted by Steve McQueen's performance and John Williams' score. I wanted to see this movie ever since I heard John Williams' 19 minute long concert suite as a teenager. I was shocked to find that the exciting horse race music he wrote wasn't actually in the original score. John Williams wrote his first great score for this movie, which of course attracted the attention of Steven Spielberg.
doloresowen
February 3, 2008
(Narrated by Burgess Meredith) A 60-year-old man tells of the wild roadtrip in his childhood when he learns the facts of life through Boon, played by Steve McQueen. It's a heartwarming and funny story of lessons in lying, cheating, womanizing and brawling!
CloudIsAMonkey
CloudIsAMonkey

June 24, 2007
What the quack is a Reiver? >_>"
May 10, 2007
I love this movie and I love the book even more. I love Steve McQueen and I love William Faulkner even more than that.
Roughead18
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!
popp3
January 4, 2007
Cinematography, acting and story - why I go to movies.
ragdollz
November 5, 2006
this sounds like an interesting film
DemonicNightmare