Remembrance (Die Verlorene Zeit) Reviews

August 29, 2015
Excellent acting, excellent type casting, poignant war time love story. Do not miss it.
August 21, 2015
The love is touching but the story is not that striking compared to others that happened in concentration camps.
August 16, 2015
The color and music of the film were beautifully matched to the theme and focus of the story. As well, I liked the undercurrent of restraint and longing, both romantic and not, because it helped to create this wonderful depth throughout the telling of this story.
April 13, 2015
I love movies that leave you wanting more. This one does not disappoint! You're left holding your breath in the last scene! Both my husband and I were locked into this movie the entire time. I would love to see a Part 2!
½ March 31, 2015
Very serious movie about prison camp survivors from the Holocaust era...well acted and captivating movie.
½ March 30, 2015
It is a beautiful movie, and absolutely heart-wrenching. It's not a war drama, so don't expect that, but the story is something else. That, and the fluid language switches and time changes are done so so so well.
March 5, 2015
Very compelling and emotional movie. Ranks close with the powerful Schindler's List. The agony and conflicting emotions of Hannah are conveyed perfectly. I was conflicted by the ending, it left so many possibilities open but at the same time I was desperately wanting to see Hannah find peace in her life.
½ December 9, 2014
A simple and lovely tale of things left unfinished. The ending is perfect.
April 12, 2014
This is an exceptional story. I highly recommend.
April 6, 2014
I stumbled across this film on Netflix and am extremely happy that I did. I am not sure how this one has escaped attention, as it is an excellent film. The direction, acting, and cinematography are all superb. Despite the dire circumstances in which the lovers find themselves, we managed to stay focused on their story. As he plans his escape to deliver photos of the camp to members of the Polish resistance, Tomasz insists upon taking Hannah with him, against the advice of his fellow prisoners. We travel back and forth between the war and Hannah's life in Brooklyn, as she discovers by chance that Tomasz is still alive, causing her to spiral into a vortex of emotions long since suppressed. Her husband struggles to understand, but we know that he cannot, as he has no frame of reference for her experiences. The ending is subtle yet powerful; it leaves us somewhat unresolved, yet somehow completely satisfied.
March 27, 2014
An amazing movie!!! It touch your heart.
February 5, 2014
For those of us who were touched by the holocaust this is a great movie..
½ January 31, 2014
There is always time to remember. Try as it might, society can never forget.
January 18, 2014
Excellent and moving film.
May 12, 2012
a beautifully revealed film of love, loyalty and survival that transcended the hate and terror of the Nazi era. The film is an exploration into the boundaries of how the past defines the present, and maybe future. Deftly acted, passionately directed, soufully scored, this film will stay with you long after you leave the theater. Oscar, take note.