• R, 1 hr. 20 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Reno 911!: Miami Reviews

Dean !

June 24, 2007
Like a really poor one trick version of Police Academy. Based on a TV show apparently, it shows as they barely had enough material to fill 75mins!
Eric A

October 6, 2011
I never saw the show, and I kinda wish I never saw the movie. It was't that great.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 14, 2011
Reno 911 is a fairly decent / average comedy. Based on the popular TV show, Reno 911 Miami is a fun, amusing film with a few good laughs. But at times the humour displayed on screen, struggles and falls flat and isn't funny. For what it is, Reno 911 Miami is an average comedy. The film could have been better, but there's definitely a few great moments that makes this film a worthy viewing. The film is not as memorable as Super Troopers, but it will definitely give you a few chuckles. For what it is, Reno 911 is a good comedy but it could have been improved on many aspects. The show was funny to a certain level, but at times the humour seems forced. Overall a an average comedy with definitely a few good laughs. But nothing really extraordinary.
KJ P

February 5, 2010
I was never a fan, and this movie made me even less of a fan! Please let this series die now! This has got to be one of the dumbest movies to ever hit the big screen!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 9, 2009
It is one of those LOLs Movies I can watch over and over again.
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

July 25, 2009
In Miami for a police convention, eight misfits from Reno sheriff's department must protect the entire city when the local police force is quarantined due to a terrorist threat. Other than a bit more blood and sex, and cameos from Danny de Vito and the Rock, this could have been three episodes of the TV show; still funny stuff for fans of this COPS parody, but I don't think it will convert anyone who's not already on board with the series.
Emily A

February 19, 2007
I think that the Reno cops' sketch humour is better suited to thier TV series than to a feature length film, but this film was pretty cohesive, all things considered. I especially liked the cameos by Paul Rudd and The Rock, as well as the incomprehensible drug plot that seems to solve itself. If you're not already a fan of Reno: 911! you probably won't like this film. But if however you've grown to love these characters (and they really are loveable), more of them is always better.
Dan S

June 24, 2007
Really, really funny. Its cleverly put together and well executed, with enough awkward scenerios abounding everywhere to keep you laughing from start to finish.
cosmo313
cosmo313

February 18, 2007
It's a really fun and silly, and outlandishly hilarious, (but ultimately pointless) movie, but it's a good way to pass 84 minutes of time. Non-diehard fans of the show probably should become bigger fans of the show before seeing this, or just avoid altogether.
Julie B

October 2, 2007
Just as you'd want it to be. Dumb but funny.
deano
deano

July 22, 2007
These Reno misfits are really losers and sicko I ever watched, but so hilarious. And I'm sick of the leader of Reno because he's a bloody freak.
Christopher M

February 18, 2007
Unfortunately, I was very let down by this movie. I am a big fan of the television show (Reno 911) - it's one of the funniest, smartest comedies I've ever seen, done in documentary style in the vein of something like This Is Spinal Tap, with a great cast of very funny people, and some exceptionally hilarious main and side characters. Some of this does translate to the big screen, but in the end the formula just didn't work as a feature length film. The problem is removing the characters from the confines of Reno, Nevada and putting them on a bigger stage, dealing with much bigger problems - it just didn't really work nor did it feel right. In my opinion, a film that just expanded on the show would have been a much better idea. Don't get me wrong, it isn't all bad. All of the main characters still have their moments, and there were some funny side characters (the character Terry from the show - played by the very funny Nick Swardson - returning was cool, even if his shtick wasn't as funny as it usually is), the appearance of Paul Rudd and David Koechner was cool, too. Also, Patton Oswalt played a sizable part as the assistant mayor of Miami, and that was very awesome, because I adore him. In the final analysis, Reno 911: Miami had all the ingredients for a funny feature film, but it just didn't come together like it should have, and was definitely disappointing for a fan of the show.
James A

June 30, 2007
A few funny moments led to a really boring movie. I was so dissapointed and let down from this one.
Lewis C

June 21, 2007
I"m a huge Reno 911! fan, but I think I only laughed twice during the whole movie. Some tv shows just don't translate well to movies.
skactopus
skactopus

June 9, 2007
This is one of those movies where it really helps if your a fan of the series, but it is still possible to enjoy this movie without even knowing that a TV show exists. All you need to know is to not take this movie seriously. Everything in this film is unbelievably stupid but it will still keep you laughing. There are even some great cameos from a bunch of recognizable actors.
Aaron N

April 29, 2007
Lieutenant Jim Dangle: This is the stupidest group of people I've ever worked with who are not legally retarded.

A full length movie version of the Comedy Central tv show. That kind of description can put a movie either way, usually the down side, but this movie was really funny. There were a lot of very funny moments throughout this entire movie.

Did all the jokes work? no, but it doesn't matter, this was a lot of fun with rare misses.

The show revolves around cops from reno encountering wacky characters, and the movie does just the same. There is a shoe-string plot that just provides the backing for the rest of this movie.

There are a good number of cameos and small supporting roles by random actors that are hillarious.

Giving this movie an R rating was a great choice in pushing the limits as to how far to take the show, providing some great moments. Very funny.

Deputy Clementine Johnson: Let me in, I don't have a key to this door.
Lieutenant Jim Dangle: It's open. You ok?
Deputy Clementine Johnson: Oh, I'm in love.
Lieutenant Jim Dangle: Hey, you've got a bandage on your teat.
Deputy Clementine Johnson: A love bandage.
Lieutenant Jim Dangle: No, I mean an ace bandage.
Deputy Clementine Johnson: Oh my God, if I've been stabbed, I'm gonna be so pissed!
Michael G

February 15, 2007
If you like the show you'll probably love the movie because basically all it is is a 90 minute episode. The cameos are great and a few of the sequences are hilarious, but if you're not a fan of the show don't bother.
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

August 10, 2010
Bulbously inflated to big-screen specs, a television program often loses a certain X-factor when making the transition to film. Granted, this discussion does not refer to outright re-imaginings (The Flintstones, Bewitched), but rather to a program that segues from the small screen with its cast and storyline intact. Only a few TV comedies have taken this leap of faith?some surprisingly decent (South Park, Borat) and some predictably bad (Get Smart). Armed with a few big guffaws and few big gaffes, Reno 911!: Miami falls somewhere in-between.

In this R-rated big-screen outing of the TV mockumentary Reno 911 (think: send-up of Cops), the misfit Reno Sheriff?s department (Garant, Lennon) is called in to restore order to the city of Miami after the National Police Convention is bio-attacked.

Within the confines of the series, the farcical humor is organically character-as opposed to plot-driven. The characters are small city deputies and their comedic foibles manifest themselves in dealing with run-of-the-mill police work. Now, with the parameters of the neatly-packed show blown to smithereens, this overwrought movie simply asks too much of them. For instance, any segment including a star cameo (Danny DeVito, The Rock) or overblown action (Scarface-esque villains, Tomahawk attack choppers) sends the comedy falling flat on its face. The best segment finds the deputies interacting at their low-rent Miami hotel after an evening of drunken escapades?in one continuous shot. At home in this improvisational setting, the ensemble shines and this bit stands testament to why Hollywood should never try to take the Reno out of the 9-1-1.

Bottom line: Keystone cop-out.
Christopher H

March 28, 2010
Unless you are in love with the show, do not bother. Thought I'd laugh more but holds true to the show.