Repossessed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Repossessed Reviews

ScoopOnline
December 29, 2009
A spoof of the Exorcist with the Star of the Original Piece, that is very rare. I must admit I m very sceptical to many movies with Leslie Nielsen, he is not always funny for my taste and I must admit I easily get bored in many of his movies even if it is directed by ZuckNuckle (David Zucker) but this was a guilty Joy .
InTheBasket
½ August 15, 2007
They took the Exorcist legend and tried to make it fun, but it ends up being just dumb and derivative. Kudos to them for getting Linda Blair to star in this. Leslie Nielson fits the priest role nicely, but a better script and set of gags was needed.
deano
November 7, 2006
Good spoof of horror's "The Exorcist" version as Linda Blair returns as an adult possessed demon since she was a teenage girl. In the famous vomit sequence, it was actually split pea soup that came out of Linda's mouth.
½ December 17, 2011
This "parody" of the The Exorcist is a movie that is entertaining and funny moments but most of it is no fun and heavy, in Briefly is bad, seeing the original Exorcist and this parody almost hatred.
iLeo
December 24, 2007
Hilarious!
DrLappos
½ May 16, 2007
I love Neilson.
January 16, 2013
A pretty stupid comedy that is a spoof of the Exorcist and televangelism, Linda Blair plays a character similar to what she played as a child in the Exorcist. It's almost like dumber Naked Gun humor. Leslie Nielsen is funny as the preacher. The jokes in this movie are funny.A possessed Linda Blair going "lick me" as she is dressed like an ice cream cone is gold. There's also the expanding chest at the gym. Perhaps my favorite joke is when the father is trying to explain last names and the son aks about John Hancock. The thing that sucks about Repossessed is the production of it and how it clearly looks direct to video.
½ September 2, 2011
An amusing parody of Linda Blair's first big break, here she's a suburban housewife who is possessed for a second time, only to have Leslie Nielsen turn up as the priest sent to exorcise her demons. Again.

It's cute but nothing mind-blowing, give it a rental or catch it on cable on a lazy afternoon.
June 23, 2007
Ahahaha I have to give it 5 cuz it was my favorite movie when I was little.

Funnny!

Lick me, lick meeeee!!!
March 31, 2015
One maybe two laughs but otherwise worthless.
March 5, 2015
"The Exorcist" is one of the greatest films of all time. "The Exorcist II: The Heretic" is one of the worst films of all time. Any other film bearing the "Exorcist" title (at least 3 or 4, I didn't bother counting) I haven't watched because II was enough. But...forgotten in the pantheon of films riding the coattails of that horror masterpiece is this "Airplane!"esque spoof of the whole thing. This film has a 0% rating, which I think is a little unfair. This film has some funny moments, but, like any "spoof" not directed by Jim Abrahams or at least one Zucker brother, it fails to come together into an entertaining "whole." Kudos to Linda Blair. At this point, numerous personal and professional difficulties (along with the moviegoing public being unable to see her as more than a vomit-spewing, spider-walking, backwards-talking devil-possessed teenage girl) had left her down and out in Hollywood. So she decides to star in a send up of the role that made her famous (and infamous). How very brave of her. She figured "I've got nothing to lose. I'll go for it." Admirable. And of course, Leslie Nielsen is the ONLY choice to spoof the "Exorcist" himself. Even in the worst "spoof," he managed to be a bright spot. Overall, not a bad little movie. Certainly better than "The Heretic.
½ July 18, 2014
I loved it for what it was ... a very shocking and strange bizarre and somewhat clever and funny spoof of an already bizarre and strange genre, in which there was a lot of very smarmy gags and stuff that went way over my head. Linda Blair gives the viewer a blurry sense of "is it a dream or is it reality" while The Priest is very classy and he never fudges a line or misses a trick. With the supporting characters all doing great work, back in 1990, that was rare. Sometimes people who are doing this kind of work will make the movie worse or cause problems. I am very very surprised at the kind of great things people will do in order to get some work done, I just don't get it. It's just a movie and the work done here was unreal but I don't think the same way as these guys or any movie guys, they do such a good quality job and for what??? it never ends. People breaking their necks for these "great works" and you see 12 year olds buying into it now, acting like a 37 year old at 11 years old. It's downright scary. But the movie was fun to look at but people who work in movies are scary and nuts...
February 21, 2014
Sporadically funny Exorcist spoof fails to fully take advantage of the wealth of spoof opportunities the original film has to offer. The opening sequence to "Scary Movie 2" is a marginally better example of an Exorcist parody done right. But it is fun to see Blair lampooning herself, and she certainly looks as though she enjoys doing it.
½ January 6, 2014
this is good if your into something thats gonna make you chuckle a little!! dont forget about it being dated. we are in 2014, this was 14 years ago...
½ July 5, 2007
Ridiculously unfunny spoof of 'The Exorcist'.
February 2, 2013
Linda Blair stars as the happy-go-lucky housewife Nancy Aglet who falls back under the devil's spell and becomes REPOSSESSED! Now, Father Mayii must come back out of retirement if he hopes to save her soul for good. If you thought Elvira's puns were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet! REPOSSESSED hits the bottom of the barrel when it comes to horror comedies. It is an agonizingly unfunny spoof of THE EXORCIST that reaches for the same style of inane humor found in the AIRPLANE or THE NAKED GUN films, but comes up desperately short. Leslie Nielsen returns as another naive and nitwitted character, garnering very few laughs as he stumbles through one ill-conceived set-up after another. Director Bob Logan attempts to poke fun at everything from televangelists to fitness clubs(?), and can never seem to pick a solid direction for the film to follow. With nowhere left to go, we end on a televised exorcism which includes a musical number where Nielsen impersonates everyone from Michael Jackson to Elton John, badly. At least Linda Blair can take a joke as she playfully parodies herself as Nancy. All of the expected pea-spitting and head-spinning jokes remain faithfully intact, and as idiotic as it truly is, EXORCIST fans are sure to find some guilty pleasure in watching.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
April 20, 2012
typical Leslie Nielsen but hey it still makes me laugh and it's nice to see that Linda Blair is willing to laugh at herself.
½ April 10, 2011
Not all the jokes work but those that do are quite worth a 90-minutes worth of forgettable comedy.