Reservation Road Reviews

½ May 27, 2015
A brutal, unwatchable drama that just gets more and more depressing by the minute. I know, I know, dramas can be depressing, but they should be GOOD too. Reservation Road's story is too simplistic to stand out.
½ October 4, 2014
This is a horrible sad depressing movie. there can be no winner in this awful movie. why do people make creepy movies like this. almost 90 % of movies are not worth watching and this is much worse.
April 12, 2008
Great drama with some thriller moments aswell. Story was very good and superb acting of all the cast. Joaquin Phoenix have always made good movies so far. If u looking for a good drama this one won't let u down , i enjoyed it.
October 10, 2014
Weak script with serious problems.
August 3, 2014
Deeply touching drama about the effects of the tragic death of child has on all those involved. Excellent performances from a fine cast portray reactions that one could see ones' self having. All critics (this site) have called it excessively maudlin, how could the death of a child not cause such extreme reactions?
August 13, 2013
Joaquin is lucky to be paired with Ms. Connelly, what a woman.
½ May 11, 2008
A dramatic tale about tragedy and fortitude, showing perspectives from 2 different fathers who only have in common their love for their sons. Quite moving, really.
June 16, 2013
Watching this movie on Father's Day made this movie a little closer home in my heart. Yes, fathers do go through the grieving process and suffer (sometimes in silence) too. Moral tales remind us of what it means to be human and although there is no element of surprise nor exceptional performance here, it is good to be reminded to navigate vigilantly on our moral compass every now and then.
April 1, 2013
one of joaquin's best movies in recent times. it is one of those movie's that is well thought out and makes you think how you would handle such tragic circumstances. it is well casted and you feel for joaquin as a grief stricken dad bent on revenge but at the same time you feel for mark ruffalo as a guilt stricken dad that comes to hate himself for what he has dad. one of the best scenes is when joaquin relaizes that mark is not worth his time or energy and he will justruin his own life by exating reve meanwhile mark cant take it anymore and is begging for joaquin to kill him. saying you cant hate me any more than i hate myself. do it just do it i dont want to live! wow! so intense!
½ February 23, 2013
I really wanted to like this since I read the book,but I found it kinda boring.
½ December 10, 2012
Um debate moral desgastante. O diretor Terry George apela para diálogos emotivos frágeis, que passa a ser o sustentáculo para um suspense psicológico artificial.
½ December 1, 2012
dis is simple story...
but its so hurt...
April 16, 2008
Terry George is obviously passionate about the subject, and combined with the strong performances of all involved makes it an engaging film but certainly not a great one. Personally the loss of a child was portrayed more effectively in "In the Bedroom", but that's just my opinion.
November 24, 2012
Incepe bine, are actori, nu merge nicaieri
½ November 18, 2012
very very very touching story
½ October 20, 2012
really good story that is, sadly, all too real. both mark's and joaquim's portrayal as unraveling fathers, but for different reasons, were excellent.
½ October 12, 2012
The cast are the entire soul of this film. Without the talented players and moving performances, this film wouldn't be worth your time. So many wasted opportunities. While I will concede that the film does make you ask yourself, "What would you do?", my path would have differed from the main characters quite early on. Then again, you ask yourself, could or would I do the same?
March 25, 2008
Emotionally wrenching drama about dealing with loss of one who is near and dear. A tale of anger, revenge, and great courage. Great casts, a good enough thriller.
September 6, 2010
Fantastic acting and drama
August 27, 2012
Too lame, we can see where it's going, no fun, no suspense. Basically it's like a car wreck.