Resident Evil: Degeneration Reviews

½ March 10, 2015
While it's CG is overwhelmingly good and the action scenes were okay, the story didn't feel very strong.
½ December 8, 2008
This is probably the best Resi film to date simply because it looks like a good computer game with some nice looking CGI. Its also the best all CGI film based on a computer game I've seen, smashing 'Final Fantasy', although its been some time since I've seen that.

The whole plot isn't much to talk about, its the usual zombie/monster thing, running around dark corridors with a torch and escaping huge research labs that keep having huge meltdowns etc...The thing is with these CGI flicks is they are based within the real Resi Evil videogames unlike the dodgy live action films. This alone gives them the edge which even someone like me can recognise, and I'm no fanboy.

Its very atmospheric, you really feel a chill as you follow the characters around. The airport rescue is the most creepy part of the film while the battle against Curtis in mutated form is the most exciting. Despite being released in 2008 this film is actually the first animated Resi Evil film, without going into all the messy details this film will no doubt appeal to the hard core fans big time. Everyone else (such as myself) will find a good horror film but obviously not pick up on all the in-game nods, there are plenty...right??

Its very predictable right to the end, the plot is cliched but its perfect for what it is, which is another chapter in the Resi storyline. Does kinda make you wonder if the bad people in these stories will actually ever learn that making viruses is bad and only results in mass zombie infection problems. Yet no matter what happens there is always some crazy-ass at the end who will kick start the whole thing all over again. Baddies huh, never learn.
½ September 26, 2014
Slightly better screenplay than the human-acted movies.
September 16, 2014
If you are a fan of the Resident Evil games, you will enjoy this movie a lot. If you love Claire Redfield, you are going to love this movie since she becomes a baddass heroine in this movie and starts to show she is a lot more than we first thought she was. And this movie has a great cast of characters to play the parts. Just a great movie and one you must try to find on DVD somewhere.
½ August 31, 2014
Animation is OK and it's sometimes scary. But with a weak and ridiculous plot, "Degeneration" is nothing more than unremarkable.
February 6, 2009
I rented this from Netflixs, but never got around to watching it so...
½ May 11, 2010
So much better then the live action Resident Evil
November 29, 2009
Not a big fan of the characters but this is a good movie for the fans of the game
May 30, 2014
I like the game universe better than the films, and this movie sticks with the game we know and love.
½ May 17, 2014
I watched this film yesterday and it has to be one of the most boring movies I've ever sat through. I was impressed the CG is so close to the games, and pleased that a certain character in red didn't show up, though other than that there aren't many redeeming qualities. The zombie shoot-out felt rushed to make room for a biohazard threat that ultimately topped in a puss-out moment, the characters speak more like robots than human beings and most of the film felt like it was being dragged out to fill time. Starting to understand why it was in a dollar store's movie bin.
January 29, 2014
Great movie and one of only 2 good Resident Evil movies in existence. The live action movies can go eat a dick.
½ December 5, 2008
Fans of the video games will get the most out of this. Introduces the G-Virus, not yet seen in the live-action movies.
December 14, 2013
The best of all the Resident Evil films, but not as fun as when you can play Resident Evil.
½ January 13, 2009
Not bad computer graphics, but story is the same and you have to be a fan of the game to really appreciate watching a computer generated movie. I thought it was ok, don't really need to watch it.
September 24, 2010
I thought it was a decent movie it was kind of cool how it was like the game. And the fact that they brought the G-Virus in the movie
September 8, 2013
This has some of the better horror elements from Resident Evil that i've seen put to film and plays very faithful to the games. A good solid story, well worth your time.
½ January 1, 2011
Not bad at all. Mighty predictable, incredibly implausible in many places, but a fun movie.

If only Leon's face was a tad more expressive.
March 2, 2013
Lovely animation..Claire and Leon...nostalgia of Resident Evil 2 the video game..Leon S Kennedy is the MAN..Check out this movie!!!
½ February 3, 2013
Nothing spectacular, but it has a thicker, and more interesting plot, than the live action films. The CGI is alright but lacks texture. The characters are a bit bland, the action scenes are decent but the story gets a bit slow and the ending drags on a bit too long. There's nothing too notable about this film, but it still can be enjoyable for the fans, and it gives the game franchise a decent tie-in film.
January 20, 2013
Good movie, and I love, love, love that Paul Mercier was back for Leon! Reminds me of the good old RE games!