Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis Reviews

August 3, 2014
While the premise of this was decent, Necropolis was the bottom of the Trioxin 5 barrel. The way to kill zombies has changed, there is no logic, and since when do zombies hold regular conversations and even taunt people?

Anyway, this is horrible. Could have been quite good, but illogic, and bad acting just ruin everything.
½ May 20, 2014
I found the film clips displayed among the scrolling credits far MORE interesting than the movie!
½ May 22, 2011
Necropolis...a great name for film title but I'm afraid the franchise has lost its impetus with this next installation. Again naughty people are trying to use the deadly toxic gas to reanimate the dead and use for military weapons but once again it all goes wrong and the undead run amok...oh geez.

We are now firmly in B-movie land with this one, the acting is quite terrible from all members including Peter Coyote and the plot is just a rehash against a different backdrop. The only thing going for this is the well done makeup effects which is just as good as the previous films and makes the film better than it deserves to be.

These films are all about the cool hands on makeup effects lets be honest, and they all deliver consistently. This is the one thing these sequels manage to pull off despite the fact they rehash everything else. In that aspect they just about hold your attention if you're a monster/gore lover but the rest is usually pants.

Nice idea and design for the undead Terminator style soldiers, a small plus point in a sinking film. One has to ask ones self how many more of these can they do? they are clearly trying to utilize every possible backdrop for the zombie outbreaks, I guess a desert setting will be next, haven't seen that yet.
½ October 29, 2013
Complete and utter garbage, Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis is generic horror tripe. The story is idiotic, there's not a decent performance among the cast, and the production values are awful. It's pretty clear that the film is using the title "Return of the Living Dead" in name only, as it doesn't follow the style or continuity of the series. The zombie action isn't that bad, but the story is so pointless that it doesn't really matter. Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis just screams low-budget horror, and on that count it doesn't disappoint.
May 28, 2013
There is alot wrong with this movie, and i mean alot. but it is an entertaining zombie bloodbath. The acting is attrocious, the plot has so many holes i almost want to change my ratings thinking about it, but the effects are there and i guess thats what makes it watchable, i only wish the mega zombies did more damage. anyways its main theme is very return of the living dead but not really comparable in presentation. In the end i can definatly say that i've seen way worse zombie movies than this. I'd recommend it to huge fans of the genre although the origonal three ROTLD films are essential.
½ May 27, 2013
The series should have stayed buried.
May 10, 2013
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than Part 2, Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis hit the small screen. I don't even think I can give a plot summary because what happens in this film is just too confusing to follow. The acting in this film is atrocious, with horrid line deliveries and terrible body language. I was at least hoping for some awesome zombie action, which I got, but they screwed up the continuity of the Return of the Living Dead zombies. Sure, they're saying "BRAAAIIINNNSSS" again after not hearing it in part 3, but these zombies should not be able to die. In this film, they can be taken out with a headshot or multiple shots to the chest (which is something that normal zombies shouldn't do). I will give this film props for doing something that had my mouth drop. That's about the only good thing I could take away from this film. Just take my word for it and don't see Return of the Living Dead 4. It's worse than part 2 and is just a bad zombie movie in general.
December 5, 2012
Not as bad I was was expecting, I'm shocked to admit.
June 12, 2012
quite puzzled by this one as to how the money was given to the film. Great makeup and effects, horrid casting. Great production, horrid writing. Great locations and set, horrid waste of time. Honestly, if I had the money they were given for this film I would have seriously thought it through abit more as it took them 17 years to think about it since part 3, and this was the best they could do. Really?
½ June 10, 2012
A ridiculous, poorly acted, incoherent, insipid turd of a movie! Utterly contradictory in its handling of the lore of the series, and totally idiotic in it's attempts to move the 'Return' movies into the modern era. The half star rating is for some of the make up. Half decent on some reanimates, but even this is inconsistent and laughable at times. Fist fighting zombies are NOT big, OR clever!
½ April 24, 2012
Low budgeted, and the story is dull. It's about as unserious as the first film but lacks the comedy. The zombies still want brains but many are intelligent in this movie, and they can be killed by a bullet to the head, which is new to this franchise. The characters are boring and many elements of this film were bad.
April 19, 2012
This is quite a bit different than George Romero's zombie movies ... but it's still pretty good. One of the things that really kinda kills the picture is the cheesy acting. But aside from that it's a halfway decent flick.
½ April 14, 2012
crap crap crap!!!!!!!!
½ April 13, 2012
i really love the living dead movies
April 11, 2012
I'm just a sucker for a zombie movie weather it's bad or not.
April 5, 2012
I DIG THE RETURN OF THE DEAD PEOPLE THING SO ANTI SCARY
April 3, 2012
not really that good
½ March 29, 2012
As though the first time the series tried to force itself to feel serious hadn't failed enough, "Necropolis" manages to be just as unintelligent, pointless, and ill-conceived as "3".
March 9, 2012
Unbelievably bad and unconvincing hilarious. RotLD: Necropolis is reduced to the most ridiculous scenarios and a cast that can't act.
November 30, 2011
one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. It was an insult to the original film, and shouldn't have deviated from the original formula. It resembled resident evil, which also sucked, far too much.