The Return of Swamp Thing Reviews

½ December 8, 2008
Gloriously 80's flick, it just sums up everything from that era so well its makes it great fun haha the big hair, cheesey monster suits that look quite good, over the top explosions, sexy females and dumb bad guys....its all here.
The film is much better than the first but thats due to the higher budget and bigger fanbase at the time, the plot continues the battle against 'Dr Arcane' in an' Island of Dr Moreau' kinda way but the plot holes are HUGE. Like...who or what was the other swamp thing that our swamp thing battles with during the film?? where did he go?

Still you cant look too much into this as its a fun monster mash with dodgy acting :)
½ September 13, 2009
Well with actors and performances more wooden than Pinoccio's c*ck, this has to go down as one of the greatest send up horrors of all time. From the opening shots until the fantastic fight with the rubber, lightbulb-headed creature at the end (With inhaler!) this is absolutely hilarious (even more than intended). I have already read a review that criticized character development. I hope that this is a joke as this was hardly supposed to be a plant version of the Shawshank Redemption. I think there are times when people should see a film for what it is, and this one is an absolute B movie p*ss take with 20 dedicated to special affects and even less on the appalling actors. Magnificent.
½ August 15, 2009
"The Return of Swamp Thing" isn't anything like the original movie was. Unlike the original, "The Return of Swamp Thing" isn't exciting and it doesn't have the sense of mystery that "Swamp Thing" had. Swamp Thing tries to keep Abby Arcane (Heather Locklear) safe from her father, Dr. Arcane (Louis Jourdan), who has a plan in mind to kill Abby.
Instead of including some action packed and exciting parts in "The Return of Swamp Thing," the movie instead follows two boys who try to be funny, but they're not funny at all.

Overall, I consider "The Return of Swamp Thing" one of the most disappointing sequels ever made. If you want a good Swamp Thing movie, I'd recommend getting "Swamp Thing" and skipping "The Return of Swamp Thing." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I loved the original, not this one.
garyX
December 28, 2006
A laughable comic book horror flick with some ridiculously bad effects and dialogue. So bad it's almost funny. Almost.
deano
½ October 29, 2006
The suit of Swamp Thing looked better than the original and also the actions of the human-vegetable hero.
½ October 10, 2013
What a piece of shit. At least Adrian Barboubot showed her titties as the hottie in the first one, why could not Ms Locklear do the same for this one? A re-hash of the first movie, but dumbed-down phenomenally.
April 7, 2013
The creature designs are pretty good and there are some good rubber monster suit action sequences. A very campy movie. I enjoyed it a lot as a kid, and it's still somewhat enjoyable to this day because I am a huge fan of the comics, but it's laughable on so many different levels when you know the storylines being lifted from the comics. Heather Locklear would be the perfect Abby Arcane if she wasn't such a terrible actress. That's really the saddest part of this movie.
April 16, 2011
Liked it.

I like this one better than the original, grew up watching it, witty and humorous at times too.
May 8, 2010
LOL! I remember seeing this. Of course I wanted to see a young Heather Locklear wearing skimpy outfits and getting thrown in pools of water. That's the only reason to see it.
October 1, 2008
A romance combined with odd genetic transformations and Plants! Odd sense of humor but an interestin movie.
½ April 26, 2007
The worst movie ever made in the history of mankind. Took a comics that was winning awards left and right and made an abomination of a movie. The director should be beaten
April 9, 2007
i love this movie. it's poorly written, badly acted, with lame special effects, but i love it. toatally a guilty pleasure. i own it.
½ December 2, 2006
I used to love to watch that show. For some reason I used to think Swamp Thing would be scary, but he was actually a hero. Go figure.
February 8, 2010
No where near as good as the first, and far more campy, The movie remains watchable due to a fun turn by Heather Locklear as a women sexually attracted to a plant!
½ March 31, 2014
As a 10 year old kid I watched this movie a lot on channel 54, and the 10 year old me still recommends this movie. However , the 33 year old me thinks there are better movies to waist your time with
July 9, 2007
This might be good for a laugh today.
September 22, 2012
a bad movie but very enjoyable
February 28, 2006
Here's another film rating.