Return to Cabin by the Lake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return to Cabin by the Lake Reviews

½ October 31, 2007
Why would anyone in their right mind make a sequel to the first movie? The operative phrase here is "right mind", because anyone who thought that hideous acting, random slow motion during action sequences and a plot that doesn't actually involve the cabin OR the lake would make for a good movie is crazy.

AWESOME.
April 17, 2014
I came across this just scanning through the channels. surprisingly, I really liked it. No, it's not realistic. I don't think a movie needs to be. The point of a movie is to get away from the real world and be entertained.
July 12, 2010
oh man. i saw the first one back in the day, and for a made for tv movie, it was alright. but this, this was just so so bad. there aren't even words to describe how bad it was. my soul wept for brian krause's acting.
November 11, 2007
Sequel to the previous "Cabin by the Lake" the movie is about the making of a movie of the psychotic but gifted mystery writer Stanley Caldwell,Judd Nelson, last an incomplete work before he disappeared under the waves of Lake Summit. It's no surprise at all that the murderous Cardwell survived when we see him in a number of very unconvincing disguises.Cardwell is seen early in the film killing a number of people who have to do with the making of the movie based on his unfinished masterpiece. Sequels hardly ever live up to the original. This definitely proves true in this case. However, if you're a big fan of the original than definitely give this a watch. Although the camera work is lacking, Brian Krause's character is annoying, and the plot is clique, it's much more funnier than the first and that is what I find entertaining about it. Don't see this movie expecting the same performance as in the first film. Quite frankly it's a bit different. Rather than sitting in his cabin writing screenplays, Stanley is off in Hollywood trying to direct his dream project, Cabin by the Lake. This movie has a much different feel but it's still great to see Stanley back in action.
June 18, 2007
The original wasn't even that good, yet alone any need for a sequel of any kind. It was hardly necessary. Moderatly suspenseful, but since it is so predictable, that does cut down on the suspense. Fair acting.
April 17, 2014
October 31, 2012
What can I say? USA Cable Network obviously sucks when it comes to having movies produced....too much cable is a very bad thing!

I watched this sequel and it was actually much better than the first film. The female character who survives is stronger than the one in the first and more ruthless, almost killing Stanley in the final moments but then relenting and thus allowing him to survive seeming death and escape capture by police. Not necessarily realistic but a thrill ride.
½ June 10, 2012
I lovev michael weatherly
½ September 1, 2010
Not as good as the first, the highly annoying director being buried alive while Stanley watches the fireworks is good.
July 12, 2010
December 5, 2009
best mivie...no gooood movie yes..................i yhink stany is coool to watch bury people........................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee movvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
January 2, 2009
Seguel aint as great as the first but still pretty good
½ July 31, 2008
Not nearly as good as the first one. Stanley wasn't as creepy as he was in the first movie and you knew exactly how it would end.
March 24, 2008
i like this one cause it has brian krause in it as well.
February 1, 2008
Stanley, morder-regissøren som alle tror er død, er ikke død. Men han er ikke særlig skummel heller, man begynner faktisk nesten å like ham litt etterhvert. Poeng for nydelige undervannsscener. Må nesten se eneren bare pga. dem, som jeg antar er enda bedre i den første.
November 11, 2007
½ October 31, 2007

AWESOME.
October 14, 2007
Movie somewhat lives up to Cabin By The Lake.
½ September 24, 2007
I saw the two movies back-to-back. Although the first one was believable to some extent (he had a unique but ridiculous killing fetish), this one was just plain stupid!
Another crap-tacular time-waster!
September 19, 2007
good sequel to the original