RT on DVD: Defiance, Revolutionary Road, and Snakes on a Submarine

See what else is new this week on DVD.

Spring Breakdown -- N/A

After being shelved, demoted to DVD, and playing the Sundance Festival, Spring Breakdown arrives to offer its audience -- a demographic that we can't quite pinpoint -- an indie, female-driven comedy that is essentially the anti-Sex and the City: a tale about middle-aged lady losers who bring their baggage and social awkwardness to a collegiate spring break, where they proceed to binge drink, pick up men, and do all the things that they never got to do (and which, of course, men always get to do, especially in movies). Saturday Night Live vets Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch (who shares writing credits with director Ryan Shiraki), and Parker Posey star as the geeky 30-something protagonists, with plenty of their contemporary comic actors showing up in support (watch for Will Arnett, Seth Myers, Jane Lynch, Missi Pyle, and Lineal from Borat). Beware: festival reviews were mixed, so this gross-out comedy might be a bust. A commentary and gag reel highlight the bonus features.

Next: Are you ready for Anaconda 4?

Comments

Ace

Ace _

Jesus Christ Damm this is a bad week for movies.

Jun 1 - 11:38 PM

thejuggernautlives

Michael Dickson

I would have to disagree. Both Revolutionary Road and Defiance were great films. While the Reader was good, it's major awards (Picture, Actress, and Director) should have been for RR instead. Also, Defiance had more "soul" to it than critics gave it credit for. I'll be getting both of those. I will also have to pick up the final season of Prison Break, cause the finale was fantastic.

Jun 2 - 01:12 AM

Angel C.

Angel Cervantes

Revolutionary Road and Defiance? So what'd make it a good week?

Jun 2 - 10:19 AM

inactive user

Jared King

I'm getting "Silent Venom". I hope it's better than "Snakes on a Train", which made me want to kill myself. I never learn...that's all for me.

Jun 1 - 11:40 PM

inactive user

Jared King

Actually, "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" is on DVD, so I'll pick that up as well.

Jun 1 - 11:59 PM

inactive user

Jared King

*Blu-Ray, it came to DVD shelves a while ago.

Jun 1 - 11:59 PM

inactive user

Jared King

*Blu-Ray, it came to DVD shelves a while ago.

Jun 1 - 11:59 PM

thejuggernautlives

Michael Dickson

Jun 2 - 01:12 AM

JojoTR

John Phillips

Revolutionary Road - Great movie, but not the type of movie you would watch if you hate your significant other.

Defiance - Pimp. But Daniel Craig needed to shut up! and kick more people. Not enough of Liev Schreiber.

Jun 2 - 04:55 AM

goni27

Benjamin Gonifas

I plan to rent revolutionary road and maybe score some points with my wife by renting she's just not that into you as well. I might put difiance on my list. we'll see. I'm on the second season of Weeds and I'm not really that impressed. I probably wouldn't watch it at all if I didn't have it on instant download on netflix.

Jun 2 - 09:12 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Yeah both Defiance and Revolutionary Road were solid pieces from two of my favorite directors and worth checking out, not even close to their best though. I'm still going to watch He's Just Not That Into You and probably Spring Breakdown(Posey can amuse me at times and it was supposed to get released in theaters originally).

Jun 2 - 10:02 AM

Angel C.

Angel Cervantes

Revolutionary Road and Defiance? So what'd make it a good week?

Jun 2 - 10:19 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

. . . Revolutionary Road I'm not getting, because I don't need to be depressed. I wanna get depressed, I just need to look at my IRAs. . .

Jun 2 - 10:47 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Oh, and I got KILLSHOT today from Netflix. I'm going to watch that shortly. Diane Lane. . . Mickey Rourke. . .

Jun 2 - 10:48 AM

Chris B.

Chris Bellew

haha he said MILF. haha.

Jun 2 - 01:00 PM

Chris B.

Chris Bellew

haha he said MILF. haha.

Jun 2 - 01:01 PM

The Stunner

Tiago Paulo

i can't believe the best thing here isn't even a movie. I looooove weeds!

Jun 2 - 02:48 PM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

I got weeds as well.

I watched 1st episode. Not good, but I guess they have to set things up since everything burned down, etc., from the end of last year.

Jun 2 - 04:02 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup