19% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Revolver Reviews

March 26, 2012
Brilliant movie.
Simply watch it - you will not regret but gain a lot.
March 13, 2008
Man, this movie started off so well, but layer upon layer of confusing plot lines had me bored and confused after an hour. Guy Ritchie can still shoot a great action scene, but keep it simple for God's sake. Ray Liotta has shown that his acting chops have gone rapidly downhill.
Apeneck F

September 8, 2007
Not for everyone, and especially not for those who prefer their plots spoon-fed to them, much less to make sense, Ritchie does some knocking on Scorcese territorial doors with this hallucinagenic gangster/chinese box of a filmic exercise in (ulp!) psychological self-discovery (in a movie?!? say it ain't so!!!) ...
... that fails in one important aspect: we remain unconnected to our main character, thus rendering the many and varied contortions moot. Ineffectual. Things happen and you're like "whatever."
Nonetheless, there are interesting segments throughout, and rarely a dull moment. I liked it more than it deserved.
That can happen sometimes.
May 27, 2013
Minding boggling - mind bending - Mind twisting brilliant movie!
August 15, 2013
Really strange movie and the last hour made absolutely no sense to me at all.
July 17, 2007
I need to see this again - it was either genius or a big pile of shit.
December 24, 2013
Over-convoluted, Guy Ritchie embraces his own pride and confidence to produce such an armageddon.
December 20, 2013
A talky, boring, convoluted, existential mess with Jason Statham in a bad wig. The only scenes worth watching are those with Mark Strong's hitman.
December 10, 2013
The use of CGI feels like a bad coloured Sin City, riddled plot holes but pays off with Stathams performance and its interpretation of the crime world.
October 21, 2013
I love the flair & style of Guy Ritchie and I really enjoyed this movie. I'm always up for a gansta flick if it has brains but this one has a different kind of twist on it. Playing out more like a riddle than it does a "normal" movie, I was intrigued with where this was going. Almost more a take on psychiatry then it is on philosophy, it explores a facet of the psyche that I have never seen before put to film. So I loved the originality and creativity behind this movie, sure if I am to nit-pick, it drops a bit in its coherency (& I understand why) as its an ambitious premise to expose an individual to get to his motives. It plays more like an arthouse flick then anything that you might expect & I guess I liked the brains behind it, more than the story structure or the characters in it.
October 18, 2013
If you want to waste 1hr 44mins of your oh so precious life and not expect an iota of anything rewarding in return ... this is a movie I can thoroughly recommend for you.
October 9, 2013
The movie info is all wrong! This movie isn't about revenge. It's about the main actor Jake dealing with his own ego. He receives help from Avi and Zach to realize he has been being conned by himself. Through giving away his wealth that he used to define his identity he was able to see his true identity and defeat his false identity therefor becoming enlightened.
March 31, 2008
Crazy film. The surprise ending was crazy awesome. My only quarrel is with the cartoons in the middle but I can see what Ritchie was doing, but it was still annoying.
September 20, 2013
Es una película buena a secas. No aporta mucho al género. Si bien las películas de Guy Ritchie tienen una excelente dirección y propuesta, esta, en cuanto al guión, me parece un tanto pretenciosa. Si bien ya hemos atravesado por la misma temática de las confusiones de mente en un trhiller psicológico como Fight Club, American Psycho, Hide and Seek y un largo etc. Ritchie se ve que pretendía relacionarlo incluso hasta el final como con un seudodocumental para fundamentar su obra, haciéndolo esto todavía más pretencioso cuando el mismo espectador, dependiendo de su grado de aceptabilidad y perceptibilidad de las historias, puede deducir terminando la primera mitad de la película.
August 14, 2013
En av dom sämsta filmerna jag har sett med Statham, lika förvirrande som The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
November 24, 2007
Brilliant, brilliant concept. Aims quite too high. Entertaining.
July 16, 2013
Some people can't really understand the film so they just hate it. The truth is, that this is one the best films of all time in all aspects. Not for the shallow minded "critics".
January 8, 2010
Mind f*ck ... in a bad way
Dann M

May 31, 2013
Guy Ritchie gets into some next level sh** in Revolver, a high concept thriller that explores the psyche and the nature of identity. The story follows a recently released convict named Jake Green who turns to two nefarious criminals when they offer him a deal that will save his life. The film has a great cast that includes Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, and Mark Strong, and their performances are quite good. However, the storytelling fails, to the point of becoming a jumbled mess. There are several critical twists and reveals that don't work, or are at least done so poorly as to confuse the plot. A noble failure, Revolver aims high and tries to be philosophical and cerebral, but it doesn't work in execution.
May 28, 2013
i spent most of the movie waiting for something to happen. nothing really does. then you come across the big turn around point in the movie which obviously was suppose to be "a big twist" and the viewer is left going "uuuuuuummmmm?" I was hoping this movie would be something new for ritchie since its hard not to be a fan of the guy but this movie is very obviously a few levels lower than any of his other work. I personally wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone and any reviews i've recieved in person have all been negative. That isn't to say there arn't people out there who did like the movie because there definatly are however i dont know these people and would very much have to disagree. Pawning this one off this weekend.