Rhino Season Reviews

½ February 10, 2013
A visually attractive movie about a Kurdish-Iranian poet who is released from prison after 30 years. Everybody believes he's dead, so there is nobody waiting for him. He goes in search of the woman he was married to when he was arrested and contemplates making contact with her. With the use of flashbacks his and their history is revealed layer by layer, which weighs down on his decision to reveal himself.

It reminded me a little of the movie Incendies, although I think that movie is better than this one. After seeing a couple of middle-eastern movies, I have to say it's refreshing to see things from a different standpoint.
September 8, 2013
Although I usually like this type of films and admire its cinematography, I agree with whoever said it is slow, very slow, Although cinematograpy is great and the story is interesting to begin with, it is extremely slow and it was most vexing to go through the whole film without the main character ever saying one single word. Its attempts to create a poetic narrative are not completel fullfilled and I think overall the film is overated.
February 25, 2013
Pristine cinematography, interesting split-out narrative structure, solid performances. A bit too much mannerism at times.
February 17, 2013
Wonderful movie which is drama and romance back to Iranian revolution. There are some scenes in this movie which are unforgettable. Behrouz Vossoughi is amazing Iranian actor. Also Monica Bellucci fits to her character very well. I strongly recommend this movie.
November 3, 2012
An unbelievable story--the imagery is brilliant. As an imprisoned Iranian poet is released and struggles to reclaim his life, the poems he has written come to life around him. Stunning