Richard Pryor---Live in Concert - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Richard Pryor---Live in Concert Reviews

October 2, 2014
The funniest comedy concert I've ever seen......nothing else is close.This is Richard at his zenith,he was simply the best ever.
½ June 12, 2014
A masterpiece. Socially relevant, yet also intensely personal, and never less than hilarious.
February 2, 2013
it makes u wannna stop watching nowadays standups, simply the dopest 2 ever do it
January 27, 2013
possibly his best live show.
August 18, 2009
One of the most honest genuine funniest comedians of all.

Shame he's not still alive & kicking as he would have had a field day taking the piss out of what's going on today.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
June 30, 2012
Outstanding concert film that showcases Pryor doing what he did best: making an audience laugh through his virtuoso mix of raw humor and tragic vulnerability.
½ April 21, 2012
Must sdee for us all!
March 31, 2012
Could be the best filmed comic stand-up performance of all time.
½ February 13, 2012
Richard Pryor is one of the most funniest comedians of all times. With a great control in his material, Pryor also is charismatic with the audience, without leave his terrific black humor. Fresh.
½ November 20, 2011
In Live in Concert Richard Pryor is in top form. This maybe be the funniest stand up routine that I have ever seen (& I have seen it a few times) that constantly had me smiling or laughing. This is a prime example why I love Richard Pryor & why he was one of the masters of stand up. Im jealous of those who were able to see him live. Thank good there was concert films of his work. Sure his albums were great but to get the full effect you actually need to see him w/. His physical delivery is fantastic & makes his material even better. If you're offended by it I only have two words for you - FUCK YOU. Pryor is a legend.
December 28, 2010
As others have said, this is the best stand-up performance ever recorded. It sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not. Pryor is a comedic genius, and you can see his influence in every comedian since. He sets the standard. His facial expressions, acting abilities, delivery, etc., are all top-notch, and he can make even mundane topics such as walking through the woods pee-your-pants hilarious (in fact, he spends a long time talking about the woods, which is a bit puzzling, but hey, it's funny). He also covers completely unrelated topics such as dogs, drugs, family life, boxing, and sex... all the while being hysterically funny. The guy is amazing, and I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stand-up comedy.
½ January 8, 2011
incredible performer
November 11, 2010
Memorable and highly entertaining.
July 19, 2010
pryor at his funniest
April 13, 2010
This is so funny, Richard Pryor is so sorely missed.
cosmo313
½ April 26, 2009
Classic. This film is just one example of why Pryor was a fucking genius and one of the funniset and best comedians of all time.
September 30, 2008
he's a great actor ,and so funny
FilmFanatik
May 6, 2007
Could be the best filmed comic stand-up performance of all time.
May 31, 2008
he is really funny and i have a lot of cus staid up comedy on dvd