90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

100% Suits: Season 4
38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love)

Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love) (2004)

tomatometer

Average Rating: 3.4/5
User Ratings: 638

My Rating

Movie Info

Gabriele Muccino's Ricordati di Me (Remember Me) is a drama about two generations in an Italian family. Carlo (Fabrizio Bentivoglio) and Giulia (Laura Morante) are a married couple who have each given up their aspirations in order to live an average life. Their 19-year-old son, Paolo (Silvio Muccino), is having trouble finding an identity, while their 18-year-old daughter, Valentina (Nicoletta Romanoff), has already figured out how to use sex to her advantage. The family goes through a crisis

Feb 8, 2005

Roadside Attractions - Official Site External Icon

Watch It Now

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

All Critics (35) | Top Critics (13) | Fresh (18) | Rotten (15) | DVD (1)

I liked it; you may not. It may come down to your level of fascination with people who scream and gesture wildly in melodramatic Italian.

December 10, 2004 Full Review Source: Denver Post
Denver Post
Top Critic IconTop Critic

It's an intriguing premise executed unintriguingly.

December 9, 2004
Philadelphia Inquirer
Top Critic IconTop Critic

The people in Remember Me, My Love evaporate the minute the lights come up.

November 5, 2004 Full Review Source: Seattle Times
Seattle Times
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Remember Me, My Love is hard to forget.

October 8, 2004 Full Review Source: San Francisco Chronicle
San Francisco Chronicle
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Achieves the dubious distinction of featuring a large gallery of nearly all unlikable characters.

September 29, 2004
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic IconTop Critic

It's a narcissist's picnic; all of the characters are so unapologetically selfish in their passion to maximize their human potential that it's difficult to care about any of them, one way or another.

September 9, 2004 Full Review Source: Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times

small-minded and shallow

January 24, 2005 Full Review Source: Filmcritic.com
Filmcritic.com

Gabriele Muccino essentially subjects the audience to what Giulia subjects her family to in the film: a lot of unnecessary drama.

January 10, 2005 Full Review Source: Las Vegas CityLife

The film works as a slice of life but has nothing valuable to say about people or the way they conduct their relationships.

January 8, 2005

The glimpses of human behavior feel genuine.

January 6, 2005 Full Review Source: Las Vegas Mercury
Las Vegas Mercury

Even Monica Bellucci as Carlo's former girlfriend can't save it from mediocrity.

December 11, 2004 Full Review Source: San Diego Metropolitan
San Diego Metropolitan

For such a downbeat story, the film is full of humor and vivacity. The characters, though frustrated and delusional, are fully realized by the exceptional cast.

November 4, 2004 Full Review Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Gabriele Muccino cunningly plays his characters as a unit and as individuals, allowing for a continual series of dramatic vignettes.

October 13, 2004 Full Review Source: Palo Alto Weekly
Palo Alto Weekly

Remember Me, My Love might sound like a love story, but it makes romance look pretty bleak.

October 8, 2004 Full Review Source: Contra Costa Times
Contra Costa Times

A lively if overlong movie that allows for the full spectrum of human emotion and behavior.

October 5, 2004 Full Review Source: Entertainment Today
Entertainment Today

There just doesn't seem the need for this much needy self-absorption.

September 18, 2004 Full Review Source: E! Online
E! Online

The movie is being sold as a romance with the tag line: 'Some loves are never forgotten.' But the only love evident here is self-love, and the overall feel is disturbingly soulless.

September 10, 2004 Full Review Source: Los Angeles Daily News
Los Angeles Daily News

Muccino and co-writer Heidrun Schleef's script is filled with the kind of sad wisdom that comes with age, and the film is acted with maximum fidelity to the emotional ugliness of real life.

September 3, 2004 Full Review Source: TV Guide's Movie Guide
TV Guide's Movie Guide

Audience Reviews for Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love)

I was really not a huge fan of this movie. I saw a glimmer within it of something that I actually did want to see, but a glimmer was all it was: the play Giulia was in seemed intriguing. Watching these characters interact fills me with the feeling that I'm somehow missing something that they're all privy to. Nobody's happy with who they have, but they all seem to want to salvage their old relationships just to spite each other. I will never understand women who blurt "I never want to see you again" and still expect thier partner to stick around. Carlo's clingy wife doesn't know what she wants. They both cheat on each other, yet interpret the infidelity of the other as a deep personal slight. This movie reminded me of Closer in that the tragedy lay mainly in the fact that if only the characters knew how to communicate thier desires honestly and articulately with each other, they wouldn't constantly hurt each other as badly as they do.
November 4, 2010
MidnightMadwoman

This could have been titled Believe in Me, My Love. The people in this film all have issues with confidence, exasperated by the fact that no one believes in their abilities. Carlos (Fabrizio Bentivoglio) has an unfinished book he has been writing for years. It remains unfinished because his wife, Giulia (Laura Morante) thinks it of no consequence. Giulia, meanwhile, gave up her acting career because Carlos told her she didn't have the talent to continue. The story is built on this foundation and presents to us two people who must seek validation outside of their relationship. In many ways, this is a sad tale of two people who love each other, but the pieces just don't seem to fit. This viewer found the juxtaposition of the husband and wife seeking to fulfill their dreams separately to be moving and somewhat emotionally draining. The arguments that ensue as each discovers what the other is up to present some classic screaming fits by Giulia that would have added a comical touch, if they had been a little less numerous. Meanwhile their two kids are struggling with finding their own way. The daughter pursues a dream and uses her body to achieve it, while the son just tries to make friends and hook up with the girl of his dreams. The film was well done. The pacing and the music enhanced the story as it unfolded. One felt that one was eavesdropping on these people and their lives. An intimate film that invites us in without being intrusive.
February 21, 2011
Mark Abell

[font=Century Gothic]In "Remember Me, My Love", the Ristuccia family is in a state of crisis. The marriage between Carlo(Fabrizio Bentivoglio) and Giulia(Laura Morante) is a loveless one. Carlo, who has an office job he despises, has a chance meeting with an old flame, Alessia(Monica Bellucci), which reawakens old feelings and thoughts concerning a novel he once started writing. Meanwhile, Giulia, a teacher, gets another shot at her passion - acting in the theater. Their daughter, Valentina(Nicoletta Romanoff), auditions as a dancer for a popular television show. Their son, Paolo(Silvio Muccino), has just been dumped by his girlfriend, Ilaria(Giulia Michelini), and seeks to win her back while finding a purpose to his life.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Remember Me, My Love" is a fast-paced drama about a family that is coming apart at the seams in a collective mid-life crisis. The film moves too fast for its own good with frequent camera movements and rapid editing, smartly commenting on the fast-paced world we live in but regretfully not staying in any one place long enough to really get to know any of the characters. Still, the ending does make up for some of the movie's faults.[/font]
August 2, 2006
Harlequin68
Walter M.

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love) on our Movie forum!

What's Hot On RT

Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

24 Frames
24 Frames

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships

Mad Max