91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

Riding The Bus With My Sister Reviews

erika250
erika250

May 5, 2011
Riding the bus with my sister is about all the problems that come with being mentally disabled, not being accepted by family and public. Beth rides the buses to help her cope with her disalibty. Her family does not want anything to o with her.
After her father dies the other siblings were face with hard fact that will take care of Beth. Over time her sister Rachel tried to help Beth out but after a big fight it totally look like that the relationship was done for good. Will the sisters stay together or go their separate ways,
Pros
Good acting and plot.
Eyed opener on what it is like to have a disability and the problems that come with it.
I liked the big community that Beth has.
I liked how the bus drivers thrown Beth a birthday party.
It really hit home for me because it reminds me about my disalibty.
This is a really moving film
Con
It starts out slow
This is a true drama but it has a coupe of laughs.
This film can be really sad at times.
If u like dramas or true stories u should give this a try.
Sarah P

January 30, 2011
It ended abruptly and is probably not something I would watch again, however, I thought Rosie did a good job portraying Beth and it was an interesting story.
Robert F

April 4, 2010
This daytime movie was referenced in an episode of the Gilmore Girls. Lorelai's description of it sums up how awesome it is: "Rosie O'Donnell plays a retarded woman who's obsessed with riding the bus and Andie MacDowell is her uptight, big city sister. And it gets better. In the ads I saw, the Rosie character was calling herself the Sheriff, and she was bragging about her sex life, and buying toilet seats. And Anjelica Huston directed it."
iLeo
iLeo

January 2, 2008
Very touching!
September 10, 2012
It was more difficult to sit through Rosie O'Donnell's atrocious "acting" than an entire night of watching Bush Jr. speeches.

For real enjoyment watch this movie and then put on the behind-the-scenes content included on the dvd. Hearing Rosie O'Donnell talk about Huston motivating her for the funeral scene is priceless. My friends and I actually looped the ten seconds where she whispers "he was your whole life..........ACTION" for fifteen minutes straight, my stomach hurt for two days from laughing so hard.
laney33
June 27, 2009
Boy, Rosie is really annoying in this, and the ending was really bad, but the rest of the story was good.
December 19, 2013
Let's be honest, watching Rosie O'Donnell acting retarded is the only reason anyone would watch this crap stain of a film.
Brutus Daft
January 19, 2013
The intentions here may have been pure, but the uninspiring script and highly peculiar (and often irritating) mannerisms of Rosie O'Donnell serve only to make this film a complete misfire. The film's source material - a book of the same name - offers an introspection into the author's real-life journey to understanding her special needs sister. It appears, however, that O'Donnell didn't bother to so much as skim through it, as her depiction comes across as simply a caricature of those who suffer from the illness. Her peculiar vocal afflictions seem to resemble Pee Wee Herman's at times, which is far more off-putting than it sounds. In any case, the slow pacing, awkward screenwriting and cliche-ridden plot leave a lot to be desired. Besides its unintended comedic value, I can't think of a reason to recommend this film. Therefore, if you can, skip it.
Dirty Potatoes
February 18, 2010
This is a paint by numbers movie made for the Hallmark Channel so it's not ground breaking, it's not filmed beautifully, it's not got a great script but it made me smile and I will think a little bit differently about all the unusual ladies that ride the bus.
j l.
August 10, 2009
To plagerize the reviewer Virginia Heffernan:
"This is another inexplicable effort by an actor to overplay a slow, strange character and teach everybody lessons. The sanctimonious old stunt is not fair to viewers. This is a deeply - even thrillingly - embarrassing movie."
ursus.kirk
January 8, 2009
Expected a bit more, but found the plot wafer thin and the soundtrack boring. I have worked with mentally handicapped and found the role of Rosie O'Donnell truthfull.