63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

40% Intruders: Season 1
90% Outlander: Season 1

R.I.P.D. Reviews

September 15, 2014
Definitely diet MIB, but still a better MIB than Part 2. Yes, its plot is a stack of tired action tropes, and its effects not always polished, but some well shot action and a wonderfully charismatic and ebullient Bridges go a long way.
September 14, 2014
Jeff Bridges occasionally makes you smile, but R.I.P.D's interesting premise just falls flat with an unfunny and poorly acted story
September 13, 2014
This decade's version of MIB.
RJ Smoove
RJ Smoove

September 11, 2014
R.I.P.D. was made for one reason: To remind everyone how great Men in Black is. Funnily enough, Men in Black is sixteen years older and probably has more convincing visual effects. At least Jeff Bridges got to reprise his role as Rooster Cogburn. I kind of feel sorry for Ryan Reynolds. He's talented, but continuously stars in terrible movies. I can only feel so sorry for him when he's the one agreeing to these scripts though.

The funny thing is, even as a blatant MIB ripoff, I could see this being fun if it went for a more mature rating and utilized practical effects. It flopped anyway, so it's rating did nothing for it. Had they really gone for it, it could potentially have attracted a cult following over time. Ah, who cares? This movie is isn't worth diagnosing any further. Don't waste your time, unless you have as much on your hands as I do.
March 19, 2014
This undead-Ghostbusting-Men in Black seems to rely on its visual effects and its main actors, mostly Jeff Bridges replicating Tommy Lee Jones in an old western way. Relying on Bridges was successful and maybe on the clean, non-messy visual effects was as well, but there were some poor moments as well messy visuals that failed to be successful as Men in Black. Weirdness can be a word to describe the look with some poor, but it's still enjoyably watchable. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
September 8, 2014
I was embarrassed for Jeff Bridges.
September 7, 2014
It's not a bad idea. but it was lazy execution coupled with lazy writing. Indian food? Seriously? .
September 5, 2014
This movie was just good. The comedy was alright. The cgi mutant dead people. (Not Zombies.) Looked creepy including the fat mutant, and the action was fine. The story however was a little stupid.
September 4, 2014
Much better than I thought it was going to be.
September 3, 2014
i wanted to enjoy this movie because Bridges seems to be having so much fun, but this Men in Black/Ghost mashup is boring, nonsensical and suffers from bad CGI overload.
September 2, 2014
Worst film I have ever seen. I watched this piece of shit on sky movies and it was a load of crap. This film can go 2 hell and I will hope never 2 watch it again.
August 29, 2014
"I'm pretty disappointed of how horrible this trash was. It's simply a rip-off of 'Men in Black', only that the visuals are just plain awful. And if you know those type of moments when you see movies based on comic books such as 'The Dark Knight', 'Marvel's The Avengers', and 'The Mask' that were actually successful, this film would be the very worst Hollywood has done in history."
August 24, 2014
Enjoyable movies if you want to just sit back and not ask too many questions.
August 24, 2014
Oh dear...what an embarrassment! I cringed the whole way through.
Dave J
Wednesday, August 20, 2014

(2013) R.I.P.D. (Rest In Peace Department)
SCIENCE-FICTION ACTION COMEDY

The theme is similar to the "Men In Black" movies except that we can't even understand what Jeff Bridges is talking about half the time as he's talking like there's something in his mouth. During a routine operation, Boston cop, Nick (Ryan Reynolds) gets shot by his partner of 5 years, Hayes (Kevin Bacon) since he refuses to be crooked regarding some gold. Nick's spirit then gets sucked up by some vortex, landing him on front of Proctor (Mary-Louise Parker) who has the authority to give specific people to become R.I.P.D. under new identities who's partnered with RIPD veteran, Roy(Jeff Bridges) whose job is to show him the ropes. His main objective is to eliminate alien beings disguised as human beings called "Deados" and to retrieve any gold bullions they're hiding around from the city of Boston.

If this was somehow connected to the "Men In Black" movies then I'll have to say it would probably be the worst one of the lot, since it's stryline and chemistry is overshadowed by clichés, stupidity, and special effects.

1 star out of 4 stars
The 90s called. They want their CGI back ((=
July 6, 2013
An interesting concept that could have been very entertaining. What annoyed me most was the horrible CG; compared to that I didn't mind the bare bones mediocre plot.
abrams4343
August 20, 2014
Amazing film, I found it extremely funny it's MIB meets ghostbusters
August 19, 2014
Nice concept occasionally funny and some good action parts too.
August 16, 2014
Amusing mixture of Ghost Busters and Men in Black - great part played by Jeff Bridges.