R.I.P.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

R.I.P.D. Reviews

May 27, 2016
I thought it was fun, not deep but, fun. Yes it melded a few concepts but, Bridges is worth the 90 minutes.
April 24, 2016
Jeff Bridges misunderstood and thought he signed up for True Grit 2 as he brings the only plus to this otherwise joke of a film.
December 28, 2013
Decent for what it was. Kind of stupid that ghosts were kept secret for so long, then all of a sudden they're all over the news!
½ April 19, 2016
It's a grower. Ignore the predictable plot and ending...it's a side story to the main event which is Bridges and Reynolds in a pretty decent and funny partnership. some good ideas make up the story which won't change your life but will keep you smiling till the end.
½ April 16, 2016
Decent popcorn flick. Nothing memorable.
½ April 15, 2016
Much better than the reviews. I enjoyed it on a big television. I think the reputation as a bomb is undeserved. Compared to other comic derived films, and I mean Batman Returns, and the Avenger films, R.I.P.D. was a good and enjoyable film. It moved a long with humor and excellent special effects. The stars were great. Jeff Bridges, Ryan Reynolds, Mary Louise Parker, Kevin Bacon
I liked the film. It was jaunty and active without being insanely jumpy, the way the Spiderman films were. I am a contrarian. I think someday this films will be recognized as better than the critic said it was. It was similar to Men in Black.
The same kind of buddy film. Older and wiser and young up-and-comer. Lots of weapons, bad guys and a high tech precinct. The stars were enjoying themselves and I enjoyed watching them. I think this films should have a caught a break. It was watchable and well paced
½ July 23, 2013
Really enjoyed this film despite the bad reviews, Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds were Awesome in this
½ April 24, 2013
After reading allot of negative reviews I wasn't expecting much but I must say I really enjoyed it and found it quite entertaining, All the cast were good but Jeff Bridges steals the show, The effects were ok but a film that cost over a 100million to make they should of been better, The action scenes were good nothing new, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Same old plot in most films like this, It did kind of feel like a Men In Black film in places, The humour in the film fits in well as you would expect with a Ryan Reynolds film, Underrated and worth watching.
½ March 8, 2016
I generally enjoyed it. I wished they had upped the slapstick. The ending could have been happier.
½ February 27, 2016
So Good its Bad. Kind of a Cult Classic.
½ February 7, 2016
Not great, but not terrible either.

Originally written on November 23, 2013--
Watched this flick when it came out on DVD. Glad I waited. It's kind of a cross between Men In Black and Starsky & Hutch. Special effects are pretty cool, but the storyline really wasn't that good. It's too bad, because with the all-star cast, this really should have been a better film.
½ February 21, 2016
What a piece of crap this movie is.
April 20, 2013
I actually ended up watching this movie a few days ago. I was as unimpressed as I thought it would be.
July 27, 2013
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. My wife and I walked out and so did another couple in the audience. Zero stars!
½ July 8, 2015
Not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still bad.
January 25, 2016
No enjoyment, no expectations, and no gratitude gives R.I.P.D. the ability to bore those who only watched this misguided film for Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds.
½ January 24, 2016
Reasonable and enjoyable film. Would not mind watching it again
½ January 23, 2016
I actually like this movie. I didn't mind the predictability or the not-so-great CGI. I think I'm just going to have to chalk this up to a guilty pleasure.
June 28, 2013
RIDP and MIB so look alike. Regardless of that, the cast of this movie is so awful, with cheesy jokes and full of cliche.
½ March 28, 2015
R.I.P.D Rest in Piece Department is a film that made no sense
and is a ripoff to the men in black,
The Men in black movies are not all great but frequently entertaining!
But R.I.P.D Rest in Piece Department is actually one of the worst movies i have ever seen, Ryan Reynolds has been in completely Shitty movies and Jeff Bridges is getting too old.

My Score Opinion: 12/100