Ripper: Letter From Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ripper: Letter From Hell Reviews

½ February 9, 2015
Edgy,discombobulated and terrified....this is how I looked 10 minutes into this turkey so you can imagine what I looked like by the end.
½ July 16, 2013
A slasher film that tries to be intelligent and cool by invoking the Ripper legend and letters, Ripper: Letter From Hell manages to be nothing more than an overly long, uninspired piece of b-level horror cinema that offers little that hasn't been seen before.
½ February 9, 2015
½ September 14, 2014
not bad, but not great either. I watched it mainly for the ripper connection, although it's a fairly standard "someone is copying the ripper murders" story.
AJ cook, an actress I like fairly well on criminal minds is ok here, but almost unrecognizable. quite different from her usual roles. too bad hers and all the other characters are pretty much nothing more than stereotypes (or is it archetypes?).
the ending is something else again. one of those ambiguous, twist endings that attempt to be clever, but end up being a bit confusing instead. and waaay too many suspects. they tried much too hard to make a few people look guilty. everyone was somewhat weird and creepy. imagine an entire suspect pool that are somewhat subdued versions of crazy ralph from friday the 13th. yeah-not good.
August 9, 2011
Isn't this pretty much the same Script as "From Hell "with Johnny Depp?
May 13, 2014
This movie gets a 10!
April 26, 2014
was good ending mixed flasbacks
½ July 16, 2013
July 16, 2012
Long, drawn out and too many deaths. Repetitive and tedious, and got very boring. Soundtrack consists of screaming, rain and violent attack noises. Yawn.
July 4, 2012
i remember watching this in the 90s the story is gone from my head so i might have to re watch this
March 2, 2011
AJ and Jack the Ripper? Yes.
½ December 17, 2010
it had me on the edge of my seat many times. the story is superb and very entertaining.
October 10, 2010
Has suspence and a decent story line. Not a bad flick. Horror/Thrillers don't scare me much anymore. Amityville (Original), The Omen (original) are couple that get me.
October 7, 2009
For its genre its good. It doesn't ruin the plot straight away.
March 31, 2009
I really like this film and there is a great soundtrack