Roger Moore's Rise of the Guardians Review

His one-line review of Guardians is "The worst animated movie to ever wear the DreamWorks logo." He must be unfamiliar with DreamWorks movies. Keep in mind, this is the company that brought us Shark Tale, Shrek The Third, and Madagascar.
Jared Johnson
11-20-2012 07:28 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Yash Saraiya

Yash Saraiya

Clearly, it's not the worst animated movie ever. I've seen worse, but this isn't any special a movie either. If someone asks my opinion of this movie, I wouldn't want them to watch this movie; especially if it's an adult who's expecting at least some sense in the plot. Grossly over-rated, but worth a watch for kids aged 12 and below.

Jul 2 - 08:55 AM

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

Rise is the best! Clearly, he doesn't appreciate animated films and perhaps is brain-dead by not realizing how wonderful a film this is. I really don't see where the voice actors screwed up in their delivery, it was flawlessly delivered. And the animation, plot much about every other thing about rise is fantastically-made. Roger Moore, dude, you're no film critic, just a whiner who doesn't appreciate a thing!!

May 31 - 09:22 AM

Brian Howard

Brian Howard

I really liked Rise, I'm a big William Joyce fan and glad that the original artwork made it to the screen so well. Not sure exactly what made Baldwin's and Jackman's performances "horrible" and I'll bet the critical folks don't either.

Dec 28 - 10:33 PM

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Okay, I just saw it this afternoon, and totally enjoyed it, even if its "Believe" message is aimed at the kids. They only spend a short time showing off Santa's workshop, I'm not sure how it supposedly took up so much of the running time. Roger Moore, I think you blew it on this one.

Nov 26 - 09:23 PM

tom2768

Thomas Schneider

Just saw this movie with my wife, kids (ages 9 & 11), and my mom (age 88). All of us thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It has appeal to all ages. Also, this is one of the best 3D films that I have seen. I see most new films in 2D, and have owned a 3D TV since 2010. The 3D in most films is very limited, and does not add to the story. In the case of Rise of the Guardians, it elevates the entire movie experience.

Nov 25 - 11:08 PM

Megan Abenante

Megan Abenante

I agree with Jared. I saw this movie, very excited, then I was very disappointed. It's not very funny, nor does it have a good plot line. Horrible performances by Alec Baldwin and Hugh Jackman. But this movie is animated greatly.

Nov 24 - 06:49 PM

Wendy Mihail

Wendy Mihail

Are you insane? The acting was amazing.

Jan 19 - 07:58 PM

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

What's so horrible by Baldwin and Jackman's delivery? I think they nailed it well. And the plot is definitely good and the humor is an-okay. Maybe you just don't have a sense of humor to really understand it. Many people are like that,.

May 31 - 09:25 AM

CherryPop

Cherry Pop

Although I mainly prefer Pixar, there are some Dreamworks films I enjoy, such as the first 2 Shrek & Kung Fu Panda movies. However, the rest I don't particularly care for, including this movie. I'm sorry, that's just what I think. Also, just because I prefer Pixar to Dreamworks doesn't make me a snob.

Nov 23 - 02:13 AM

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

That's okay Cherry Pop. I grew up with pixar films: bug's life, antz, the likes but I can't disagree that Rise is one of DreamWorks best films!!

May 31 - 09:26 AM

William Moten

William Moten

I don't think he watched the same movie I did

Nov 21 - 11:27 PM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

If the Dreamworks logo had been replaced with a bouncing desktop lamp logo, you can bet that this film would be hailed as a masterpiece.

Nov 21 - 10:31 PM

Marvin Balmaceda

Marvin Balmaceda

Totalmente de acuerdo. Los bodrios de Pixar son aclamados por la crítica, mientras excelentes peliculas de otros estudios son vapuleados. Muy mal.

Dec 20 - 05:33 PM

Sam

Sam Had

Uh, slow your roll on that one. If Pixar released it, it would be getting even worse reviews and hailed as a huge disappointment. See: Brave. Not a bad movie, but coming from a studio like Pixar, its being slung through the mud for being terrible compared to what the studio is normally known for.

May 26 - 09:08 PM

James De Bello

James De Bello

Roger Moore is an idiot, he isn't even a movie lover he is just a grmpy man who complains about 4 movies out of 5, go check his porfile, you'll see he just does not understand cinema

Nov 21 - 11:01 AM

Maria Roosevelt

Maria Roosevelt

Agree with Yogesh!

Nov 21 - 03:48 AM

Mike Hanson

Mike Hanson

I agree completely. His review sounds like he just watched a trailer and phoned in the review.

Nov 21 - 02:33 AM

Andrew Brinkerhoff

Andrew Brinkerhoff

My thoughts exactly.

Nov 20 - 08:55 PM

Yogesh Mhatre

Yogesh Mhatre

He shouldn't be a film critic.

Nov 20 - 08:01 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile