"Rise" is the worst movie to ever wear the Dreamworks logo....

Do you remember the odd and jarring 2D and CGI mixture, with a script that smelled of manure, that was "Spirit - stallion of the cimarron"? How soon we forget.
Don Hopkinson
11-25-2012 11:14 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

ethan d.

ethan donley

I happen to see this movie. It was high on special effects and light up the screen brightly with great tragedy moments that can make audience cry. It doesn't just bring joy to the screen, it makes joy it's own power

Jul 3 - 06:01 AM

Marier Villarreal

Marier Villarreal

I agree with you, Don. When I went to watch it I had moderate expectations, but was worst than expected. Anyone can criticize me but we're all different. I think Rise is bad, and most of you think it's Shrek 3. I hated it cause it was a KIDDIE movie, unlike Up, Toy Story or How to Train your Dragon.

Jun 12 - 04:47 PM

Barrel Scraper

Barrel Scraper

Ok, that's utter bullsh*t, it's definitely not the WORST. Shrek the Third is the worst IMO. This movie wasn't fantastic but it wasn't 'the worst movie to ever wear the Dreamworks logo'

Jun 1 - 06:24 AM

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

Yvonne Mae Capatayan

i utterly disagree!!!
RISE is the best!1

May 31 - 09:14 AM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

This is a cool movie.

May 13 - 12:00 AM

Sam Denyer

Sam Denyer

It was MILES better than a lot of the animated garbage this year, I paid to see Sammy's Adventures 2, I left 20 minutes in. That was hideous.

May 12 - 04:01 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler McClane

Disagree. This was the Avengers of animated movies.

Apr 16 - 01:44 PM

Sam

Sam Had

Yikes.

May 26 - 08:54 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

gotta be kidding me? this was the last movie i saw which is cerified fresh

Mar 24 - 01:34 AM

Scott Miller

Scott Miller

Rise of the Guardians was wonderful and Dreamworks hit this one out of the park. It stands alone as a classic for children and adults. I'm 59 and have 2 young children and I don't like most movies I see, but Rise of the Guardians was greater in a million more ways than its competition. WE LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT...........

Mar 10 - 10:19 AM

Sam

Sam Had

Its a good/ok movie and there are many good things to say about it but you must be using the fast and loose definition of the word "classic".

May 26 - 08:56 PM

Nancy Colon

Nancy Colon

well I think thats kind of an exageration there are a lot of moavies that are worse than rise of the guardians Flushed Away, Shrek the Third, Kung Fu Panda, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. besides i think rise of the guardians is actualy one of their best

Jan 9 - 09:08 PM

Wendy Mihail

Wendy Mihail

You seriously hated Kung Fu Panda? Are you dead inside?

Jan 19 - 07:49 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

those movies rocked except spirit! you seriously have to see a doctor! did you break up with someone? you are a one hell of a bitch NANCY

Feb 16 - 12:36 AM

Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown

If you think this movie is great, that's fine. Hollywood has done it's job , you've been duped. It's eye candy with cliche writing, nothing more, nothing less.

Jan 5 - 04:41 PM

Joseph Leeman

Joseph Leeman

Nobody was touched by the journey of Frost to find his center? Noone was touched by the message that any fear could be overcome by childhood joy? The movie was visually stunning, cute, AND funny . Best offering since Toy Story by far. And Santa with a Russian accent....Yeti's as toy makers- utterly brilliant story telling. If I had seen this as a child I never would have bothered looking under my bed for monsters again!!!!

Jan 4 - 11:59 AM

Wendy Mihail

Wendy Mihail

I agree entirely :D

Jan 19 - 07:50 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

me too! those who hate this movie have a huge problem

Feb 16 - 12:37 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

me too! those who hate this movie have a huge problem

Feb 16 - 12:37 AM

Nico Legere

Nico Legere

Exactly !

Mar 18 - 12:55 PM

Melanie Harris

Melanie Harris

Thank you, clearly the boogieman sucked the life out of their imagination. I LOVED this movie so much I'm gonna get it on Blu-Ray!!!!

Apr 20 - 11:17 PM

Danielle Carnell

Danielle Carnell

Honestly this is one of the best animated movies I have ever watched. The animation was so smooth and detailed, eye-candy.

Jan 4 - 07:04 AM

Lily Beaver

Lily Beaver

I disagre. This movie is better than Wreck it Raph, Brave, Hotel transyvina, Frankeweenie....The storyline is perfect. The design of Characters and background is so awesome

Jan 4 - 02:45 AM

Kadrick Ninness

Kadrick Ninness

It's evident what generic piffle this will be, just from the impressive dullness of the title.

Jan 3 - 05:22 AM

gillskills

Christina Gillard

I honestly prefer this film to Brave and Wreck-It-Ralph. There were great one liners all the way through and the trailer didn't give away all the best moments. I thought the animation was beautiful- and was so surprised by how often I got goosebumps throughout.I hated "Spirit", but this movie felt like a hidden gem. I expected it to suck, and left the theater wanting to turn around and watch it again immediately after.

Dec 11 - 07:11 PM

Jacob Wells

Jacob Wells

I think Spirit was beautifully animated. My response for 2d and 3d interaction is Paperman. This was a good movie, despite its flaws. I give it an 85%.

Nov 30 - 07:12 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

No wonder I can never get GOOD movie reviews from these critics. They are all very young or totally out to lunch.
I found it down right boring

Nov 30 - 05:14 AM

Wendy Mihail

Wendy Mihail

Then your inner child is dead.

Jan 19 - 07:50 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

enough with the inner child wendy! we get it this movie rocked I agree! animated movies are awesome!

Feb 16 - 12:38 AM

Sybil Diccion

Sybil Diccion

I thought the ultimate message was a noble one and it surfaced numerous times throughout. However, the film seemed much too frenetic--back and forth action that seemed jarring--enough so that it was sometimes a distraction.

Nov 29 - 12:18 AM

Joshua Chiu

Joshua Chiu

well said... i think all that action was to appeal to the young boys, perhaps.

Apr 4 - 09:09 PM

Sam

Sam Had

Which is interesting, considering how skewed the appeal of this movie is in the way of female audiences. The only vehement defenders of this movie are almost all women/girls. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but I do wonder if it would have been anywhere near as well received had the main character not looked the way he does.

May 26 - 09:00 PM

Tinseltine

Le Anne Lindsay

I couldn't agree with you less! This is the first 3D movie that I actually enjoyed in 3D, normally the effects are so gimmicky, this movie perfected the art. I also love the themes of the movie - finding one's center, laughing at fear, the power of the moon... I loved it!

Nov 26 - 07:11 PM

Enrique Meza

Enrique Meza

Agreed

Nov 30 - 07:12 PM

Gabriel Hassan

Gabriel Hassan

I also think the 3D was used to good effect! My kid loved it, and so did I!

Dec 2 - 12:47 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

the 3d was the best this year!

Feb 16 - 12:38 AM

Andy Dunbar

Andy Dunbar

Absolutely agree! Great flick

Dec 4 - 05:42 AM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile