Critic Review - ColeSmithey.com

There is no reason for this movie to exist.

August 25, 2011 Full Review Source: ColeSmithey.com | Comments (66)
ColeSmithey.com

Comments

Russ Michaels

Russ Michaels

your an idiot

Aug 26 - 05:38 PM

John J.

John Johnson

A person is NOT an idiot if they don't like a movie you like. Do you idiots like ALL "Fresh" movies? Cause if you do, then it means you don't understand movies, you just follow public opinion.

Aug 31 - 04:17 PM

Daniel Ceniceros-Arce

Daniel Ceniceros-Arce

"there is no reason for this movie to exist" I think thats what an idiot would say for they don't know what a move means.

Sep 14 - 12:58 PM

Lee Lawrence

Lee Lawrence

@RussM. Before you call someone else an idiot, look who spells you're as your.

You're is a contraction, as in, you are an idiot. Hey, I'll even use it in a sentence for you.

As an Apes fan myself, "you're" making myself and other fans look like idiots. GTFO.

Sep 1 - 11:51 AM

Eye for an Eye

Edward Jenvey

wow watch out for the grammer police, they might frisk YOUR ass...

Sep 18 - 08:55 PM

Tommy H.

Tommy Hatcher

I strongly disagree, but I don't think he's an idiot. I'm sure he has some valid reasons not to like it. He should, he does enough reviews. I haven't seen too many movies on RT without a review from Cole. Besides, it makes the rating system more fair. The movie doesn't deserve a 100% rating so some critics need to not like it. I thought Transformers 3 was the biggest piece of crap I've seen in years and I know there's a lot of people who would call me an idiot for thinking that way, but it doesn't make me an idiot, it doesn't make me right or wrong either. It's called a personal opinion... you idiot lol.

Sep 14 - 01:18 PM

George Creecy

George Creecy

There is even less reason for movie critics to exist, yet they do. I'll take "Apes" over critics any day.

Aug 26 - 11:26 PM

James Coleman

James Coleman

@george - couldn't have said it better

Aug 27 - 12:45 AM

Jay Astill

Jay Astill

George C, this is not a critique, and the man is not a critic, just someone looking to look rebellious and failing. There is nothing to dislike the film for. Taken for what it is, a film for for all ages, great excitement, and brilliant special effects, this film is just simply brill!

Aug 27 - 03:41 AM

Dominic Longden

Dominic Longden

Wow. How egocentric is this guy anyway? On his website he claims he's the worlds smartest film critic, and he's selling an opportunity to have beer with him on eBay for $250. This guy feels way too highly of himself.

Aug 27 - 04:06 AM

Dave S.

Dave Scott

Is he really? That's hilarious! I wouldn't mind having a few beers with him and talking films. We may very much disagree on many things, but on this film I find his review spot on.

Dec 23 - 08:53 AM

Mike Reed

Mike Reed

Pal, you're a freakin' douche bag!

Aug 27 - 08:25 AM

Eliyahu Ben Janoj

Eliyahu Ben Janoj

very good movie

Aug 27 - 05:50 PM

Fred Pflantzer

Fred Pflantzer

Dreadful, if you saw the original 'nuff said. hackneyed plot, terrible acting what the hell is James Franco doing, do you believe for one minute that he is a brilliant scientist? If you have a basic knowledge of science you know it's pure crap.

Letting an ape out of cage and then trying to throw a lasso around it's neck, com' on. Everyone knows apes are super strong and unpredictable.

Using Heston's classic lines as throw-aways, so amazingly unimaginative.

Stay home, don't get spanked by these monkeys that made this insulting bad film.

FP

Aug 28 - 09:17 AM

David D.

David D

You need a shot of green eye ape juice Fred, brain rot has clearly taken hold

Aug 28 - 01:18 PM

Danny Zeigler

Danny Zeigler

Yeah and if beyonce wanted to take you out you wouldnt because you dont have a clue.

Aug 29 - 02:01 PM

railroad wino

Spencer Bennett

I must not have a clue then because Beyonce is fug as hell.

Dec 15 - 12:31 PM

Nathaniel Lomas

Nathaniel Lomas

I was wrong, you are the idiot.

Aug 31 - 09:02 PM

railroad wino

Spencer Bennett

I agree that the recycling of the originals lines was hokey, but come on! Dreadful? If that was dreadful I hate to think of how you'd describe a Paris Hilton movie. And James Franco was fine. He's no George Clooney who would not be out of place playing a scientist, but he fit the role well enough and allowed the movie to do its thing.

Dec 15 - 12:27 PM

Yoan Herrera

Yoan Herrera

I think you need to go back and watch the movie again so maybe this time you will understand what it's about. if not go and watch it again.the original movie end with a piece of the statue of liberty in the beach sand, wich means that i was less that 500 years since apes took over the earth, cuz the statue would have disintegrated over time. having so short period of time, the best way of getting smart is trough drugs. since evolution would take millions of years to give apes the brain. they apes wont speak cuz because they got smart 20 minutes ago. the average person takes about 1 year to learn the basics of a language, besides they never spoke a single word in the lives. ceasar was living with humans since birth. what he said at the end was more than enough to give the movie an great end. if you don't like it. go and make a fucking movie.

Aug 28 - 09:42 AM

Sourish Datta

Sourish Datta

LOL, Idiot!

Aug 28 - 11:01 AM

Ignacio Cordero

Ignacio Cordero

arguments?

Aug 28 - 11:13 AM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

Yeah, an F? this guys an absolute tool

Aug 28 - 04:47 PM

Lopsang Sherpa

Lopsang Sherpa

u r a dumbass critics

Aug 29 - 02:16 AM

Alan Tasedan

Alan Tasedan

there is no reason for your comment to exist you tool. This movie is the best Planet of the Apes that I have seen other then the original.

Aug 29 - 06:47 PM

Dawn Anderson

Dawn Anderson

wow, i'm no movie critic, and don't know Fred P... but bang on guys. This movie sucked. It was so utterly unbelievable in so many ways that I had a stomach ache from holding back my laughter in the theatre. The couple in front of me were doing the same thing. Completely ridiculous film. Better title: Rambo meets Chimp. And apparently, Rambo Chimp likes wine country... hee hee - right, Ridiculous. Next....

Aug 29 - 08:16 PM

Jay A.

Jay Alston

Right. Because everyone knows sci-fi films are supposed to be "believable."

Sep 24 - 06:09 PM

Brandon Stephens

Brandon Stephens

You are blind

Aug 29 - 08:51 PM

Thomas Contreras

Thomas Contreras

After reading a few of his other so called critiques this would be a sad world indeed if he were the smartest film critic. Did he actually watch the movie or just a trailer?

Aug 30 - 12:51 AM

JP M.

JP Moneypants

If you give a film 0 out of five when the average is 7 out of 10, how can you be considered a top critic? Personally, I thought the film was entertaining and a 7 out of 10 is what I would have given it if asked. We should entertain an opinion of 5 or of 9, but not 0!! How can this guy be a top critic? Its like being a football analyst and saying the Pats are the worst team in the NFL. They might not be the best, but no one would entertain the idea that they're the worst or take that opinion seriously.
Rotten tomatoes needs to take out some of these critics who say Thor is a 10 or this movie is a zero. Who agrees?

Aug 30 - 03:45 PM

Savi Costa

Savi Costa

i agree bro! revolution!

Aug 31 - 06:56 PM

Jennifer Tucker

Jennifer Tucker

Sure sounded like you took his opinion seriously...soooooo...

Sep 1 - 11:35 AM

Todd Beaton

Todd Beaton

There is no reason why you should be a critic

Aug 31 - 01:59 PM

Jennifer Tucker

Jennifer Tucker

HAHAHA, I literally Love you for saying this...thank you. Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

Sep 1 - 11:33 AM