70% The Equalizer Sep 26

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Road to Bali Reviews

February 22, 2014
Fun with Hope & Crosby--Bob, Bing and Dottie in Technicolor!!
January 27, 2014
Perhaps is more famous for one of the more well-known Road To.. names than actually being a classic.
December 13, 2013
The "Road" movies with Bing & Bob are silly and enjoyable. I enjoyed this one more than many of the previous installments.
November 1, 2013
Another delightful comedy starring one of the most popular duos, Crosby and Hope, as two vaudevillans who end up working for the Prince of Bali in finding a hidden treasure and falling for the princess Lalah. A rollercoaster ride with barrels of laughs the kind that characterises the style of Hope and Crosby, who share wonderful chemistry and in the end even get married!
citawijaya
citawijaya

May 18, 2013
As Indonesian, to be honest, I'm so offended with the horrible and the far from close to correct portrayal of Balinese in the movie, but then I know it's the old Hollywood and old Hollywood was very racist, xenophobic and stuff so yeah, man, but I'm still pissed.
January 8, 2013
The first and only "Road" picture in color emphasizes the exotic South-Sea location, which increases the humorousness of Hope and Crosby's famed international havoc. While it does not slam-dunk in the comic-absurdity department as "Road to Morocco," and while the actors' aging definitely shows, this is still a funny little film with enough good songs, pretty girls, and slack-stick humor to satisfy followers of the "Road" series.
Apeneck F

January 7, 2013
Hoo-boy! The boys are on their last legs in this effort to kick the mule to get another mile out of it, only the poor animal is just about dead. Game and spirited kicking almost give the illusion that animal is moving ... but its not. The only reason to take this trip (as Paramount well understood) was the charisma of its leads, but there's really nothing here for you.
December 25, 2012
This was okay, for a 50s flick, but the comedy was a little bit off and not as funny as most Bob Hope movies I've seen. Cool sets and makes me want to go to the tropics or something though.
December 1, 2012
The only Technicolor road film is funny and charming it that odd Hope and Crosby way. It's a very dated style of comedy, but if it's your sort of thing t's pretty entertaining.
November 25, 2012
the only technicolor 'road' pic and 6th in the series
April 21, 2012
Bob and Bing...having fun
John Serrano
February 2, 2012
Same can be said about this as Road To Morocco (only other Road To movie I've seen.) It's a fun and light feel-good movie with a handful of brilliantly funny jokes and with the rest being cheesy/corny humor from Bing and Bob (which isn't that bad, just a bit off-putting. But it still puts a smile on your face)
rayjansons
July 15, 2011
A very funny picture!
July 2, 2011
Not as loved as the others, but still looks very entertaining and funny.
garyX
garyX

December 20, 2007
The hapless duo go diving for sunken treasure in the South Pacific, which leaves ample scope for jokes about amorous gorillas, rubber giant squids and a wealth of glamorous island maidens. By this time, the Road movies had settled into a production line comfort zone, and the flat direction which lacks the necessary pizazz of the great musicals combined with the deeply unconvincing sound stage bound locations means that Bali relies entirely on the amiability of its stars. But let's face it, these old pros were never going to disappoint. The stream of Vaudevillian skits and songs are very familiar to anyone who knows the series and Hope and Crosby's usual backstabbing and bickering is just as fun as always. It's a bit like watching an extended sketch from a Morecambe And Wise Christmas Special in that the knockabout charm of its stars outweighs the quality of the gags to the point where you can't help laughing at even the weakest of jokes; the groans are just as amusing as the chuckles! Very old school, but still fun.
Adrian B.
January 27, 2011
I guess I'm just a sucker for the Hope-Crosby relationship
Adrian B.
May 9, 2010
Funny, witty piece of fluff that kept me laughing non-stop. Great film and this deserves more respect that given.
AJ V

September 5, 2010
This should have been the last "Road" movie, it's a lot better than road to hong kong. I really liked this movie it's very funny and the story is good.
October 3, 2010
at this point in the franchise, the only real enjoyment factor is watching Bing and Bob exchange zingy one-liners. the problem there is, even they seem a bit tired of it. sharp in-jokes, amusing cameos, some cool moments of special effects and slapstick, but overall a pretty lame and uninspired movie. funny absolutely, but the story's the same old shtick.
Monsieur Rick
January 15, 2010
Not one of the best road shows, still the duo Hope Crosby team mow down one liners rapid fire. Lame cinema entertainment by today's standards, the team of Hope and Crosby set us up for comedy team Martin and Lewis later on.

This film is built on quick sand, but still, Hope and Crosby ARE the movie, not the plot, which is of course ridiculous in the extreme.

The road shows for me were in a class to themselves, not ever intending to be serious cinema. Much like Stooge mania today, who rates the Stooges as anything but classic fun?

And nostalgic fun Road to Bali is. Full of all the slapstick, pratfalls, and one liners known at the time, this Road To Bali is worth watching once, if nothing else for the stars. Its so corny it hurts, but in a sentimental way.

Any of the Road series are about pretty much the same. They will open up to you a whole other lifestyle and era than the one we know today. Again, not to be taken as serious cinema, just guilty pleasure.