RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Robin Hood Steals Its Way onto DVD

Summary

After a strong week of new releases on home video last Tuesday, we return to a relatively mediocre offering this week. While several popular new TV shows (e.g. Modern Family, Community, Spartacus, Human Target) saw first-season compilations released (timely releases at that, considering many of them return to their regular schedules this week), the feature film selection might leave you a bit wanting. With that said, we've compiled just a handful of them that might have some appeal, so read on to check out what we've got lined up. Back to Article

Comments

EllenPageIsMyArchitect.

Joshua Medicoff

Wow, nothing this week. Found Robin Hood boring, lifeless and stupid. Next week Iron Man 2, can't wait!

Sep 20 - 06:01 PM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Robin Hood was very disappointing.

Sep 20 - 06:02 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Nothing for me this week. I'll be waiting for next week for Iron Man 2 and the Original King Kong on Blu-Ray.

Sep 20 - 06:03 PM

Deanno

Dean Nelson

Directors: Life Behind The Camera sounds in interesting...

Sep 20 - 06:11 PM

RJ Smoove

Ryan Rutherford

Iron Man 2 in one more week. Then Grindhouse Tarantino/Rodriguez Double Feature October 5! Saving my pennies and dime in the mean time. Then How To Train Your Dragon and The Karate Kid! Bullshit, I've been buying movies for the last two months straight...

Sep 20 - 06:27 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Iron Man 2 was fucking awful. Such a piece of shit. No one should be looking forward to it's DVD release next week.

Sep 20 - 06:32 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Shut up and let the fans buy their movie.

Sep 20 - 07:20 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

If I thought my opinion actually affected the DVD sales I would say a lot more, trust me.

Sep 20 - 08:08 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Go ahead affect DVD sales in that way Blu-Ray gets bigger sales.

Sep 20 - 09:03 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Are you saying no matter how I affect DVD sales, Blu Ray sales will go up no matter what?

Sep 20 - 09:22 PM

saicam

onaivatco5 november

Dude stop complaining, you hate it, fine but you do know that there's a lot more people who liked it thus why it's gonna get a lot of sales.

Sep 20 - 10:30 PM

RJ Smoove

Ryan Rutherford

Your mom goes to college! And I only want Iron Man 2 to complete my collection. Owning Iron Man, but no IM2 wouldn't feel right. I'm waiting til Black Friday anyway. It'll probably be a $10 Blu-ray. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was fun enough to own.

Sep 21 - 03:46 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

You'll regret it.

Sep 23 - 01:02 AM

Merc With a Mouth

Sawyer Jackson

I'm still deciding whether or not to buy Iron Man 2 because of how disappointing it was. Anyway, nothing for me this week.

Sep 20 - 06:59 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Why would you still be debating whether to buy a movie you consider disappointing?

Sep 20 - 07:23 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Disappointing doesn't mean it was bad, just that it wasn't as good as it was supposed to be.

Sep 21 - 09:33 AM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

'Tis can be true, but it does sound like Merc was VERY disappointed in it. And he didn't exactly elaborate on the level of his disappointment, but that disappointment has him wonderingwhether he should buy it or not, which tells me that he shouldn't.

I myself have felt let down by some movies, but I can still enjoy them, and I would state as much.

But if a movie's so disappointing that I'm debating with myself whether to get it or not, I'd pass. It does sound like he'll pass. I hope he does the right thing by him. :)

Sep 21 - 05:09 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

I'm like you. If I feel that let down then I'll skip a purchase. I only by films I know I'm gonna watch repeatedly anyway.

Sep 21 - 08:01 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Shut up and let the fans buy their movie.

Sep 20 - 07:20 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Sep 20 - 08:08 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Go ahead affect DVD sales in that way Blu-Ray gets bigger sales.

Sep 20 - 09:03 PM

Sep 21 - 05:09 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Sep 21 - 08:01 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

People!!! Nothing this week???!?!!!! Hello, The Secret In Their Eyes is out on DVD. It's a must-see of the highest order. A MASTERPIECE!!!! and robin Hood was pretty good so I'd recommend, but The Secret In Their Eyes is a must see, talk about visual poetry!

Sep 20 - 07:41 PM

STARPORT75

STARPORT75 MKONE

I feel out of place. I've got to be the only one in the nation who LOVED Robin Hood and HATED Iron Man 2. Nevermind I'm not outa place, I just know a good movie when I see one, and I'm not brainwashed by exsplosians, bad directing, and poor storylines.

Sep 22 - 09:15 AM

cornelius fucklebutt

John Maus

Robin Hood misfired its plot and characters; no interest in a sequel. Will rent The Secret in their Eyes, and will definitely check-out Directors.

Sep 20 - 08:04 PM

RamALamADingDong

That Guy

Thank God Robin Hood is coming out. Not because I want to see/own the movie. But because, like the build up to it's theatrical release, I am so sick and freakin' tired of that "Outlaw" line being played in each and every commercial. I was sick of it then and I still can't stand it now. I can't understand why the people marketing that movie cannot find a single other line to use as much.

Sep 20 - 08:07 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Sep 20 - 08:08 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Go ahead affect DVD sales in that way Blu-Ray gets bigger sales.

Sep 20 - 09:03 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Sep 20 - 09:22 PM

saicam

onaivatco5 november

Sep 20 - 10:30 PM

NTROST

Anthony W.

It's always interesting to hear people say "nothing this week" Really? You're telling me Stanley Donen's "Charade" is nothing? Funny how it's considered a classic. Any major filmgoer or collector would want this film in there collection. "The Secret In Their Eyes" has been widely praised let alone it's an Academy Award winner. Neil Jordan's "Ondine" is a little independent film that is unique in it's technique of telling the story. Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood" has become one of those films that you either like or dislike even though I find the dislike toward the film at times over-sensational as the film is better then some give it credit for.

Sep 20 - 08:56 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

When I say nothing for me, I mean nothing to buy. I'll rent some of these movies but I'm not willing to buy it right away. Now if they were not interesting, I would have said nothing worth watching this week. Hope that clears it up.

Sep 20 - 09:02 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Sep 20 - 09:02 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Go ahead affect DVD sales in that way Blu-Ray gets bigger sales.

Sep 20 - 09:03 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

Sep 20 - 09:22 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer