Vote For the Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Summary

If it's Oscar season, then it's also Razzie season! This year, Golden Raspberry Award Foundation has partnered with Rotten Tomatoes and has made the nominations for this year's Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel open to the public. Back to Article

Comments

Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia

As horrendous as Piranha 3DD is... at least it haves one of the best lines I've ever heard in a horror film.

Dec 26 - 06:31 PM

Craig Lumley

Craig Lumley

Ghost Rider 2 gets a pass for one reason and one reason only..."HES SCRAPIN AT THE DOOOOOOORR!"

Dec 26 - 06:34 PM

Patrick Fairchild

Patrick Fairchild

Elba was the only good actor in that movie.

Dec 26 - 06:36 PM

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

Mohd Syafiq Bin Jabaruddin

And Cage.

Dec 26 - 10:29 PM

Omar Kooliyat

Omar Kooliyat

Dec 31 - 08:33 AM

Patrick Fairchild

Patrick Fairchild

Three stooges should not be on here.

Dec 26 - 06:40 PM

Kadeem S.

Kadeem Stewart

Total Recall is one of the worst reboots of the year for me.

Dec 26 - 06:43 PM

tyswade

Tyler Slocum

Going with Piranha 3DD for the "win". Useless sequel with lame crappy effects, a pathetic cast, and none of the gory humor that made the first one a surprise critical hit. Ghost Rider: SOV gets a pass cause I found Nic's batshit performance actually to be so bad it was funny in a good way and Red Dawn squeaks away thanks to a couple decent action scenes and Hemsworth's performance. But I think these two, Breaking Dawn Pt. II (biggest "Fuck You" ending) and Taken 2 (same shit, different city) should make the noms along with my "winner".

Dec 26 - 06:51 PM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

Okay guys, Red Dawn was a bad movie but it wasn't the worst of the year. Its story/plot is arguably the worst of the year but as an overall "movie" its not the worst of the year.

That has to go to Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Now that is an embarrassment to the art of film itself. Its unbelievable how bad that movie is. I would easily watch paint dry over watching that ever again.

Resident Evil 5: Retribution comes in a close second cause its just so dumb. It makes no sense; throughout the whole movie your just like WTF.

Dec 26 - 07:10 PM

Jacob H.

Jacob Holmes

Too many to choose from, but I narrowed it down to Red Dawn and Total Recall for being completely unnecessary and went with Red Dawn

Dec 26 - 07:11 PM

Dominic Fucinari

Dominic Fucinari

You could've voted for both, plus three more. The nominations allow you to vote for 5 recommendees. You're not limited to one choice until the finals.

Dec 26 - 11:53 PM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

After the first Ghost Riser I was like it can't get any worse; its not actually possible I thought. Oh, I was wrong, I was so wrong indeed. Its literally torture watching that film, you wanna look away but its so bad you keep watching in pure awe.

Dec 26 - 07:15 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

I agree.

Dec 26 - 07:32 PM

Sam Miller

Sam Miller

Finally, a list that really matters!

Dec 26 - 07:33 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

I agree, I really hate those movies. I don't even know why someone would go pay to see it. Wreck-It Ralph gave us high expectations for video game movies. Films like Resident Evil and Silent Hills try way too hard to be like their video games but they keep on failing. Before Wreck-It Ralph, all video game movies where a piece of crap.

Dec 26 - 07:38 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Meh Wreck-It Ralph was a parody. Not a movie based on a video game.

Dec 26 - 07:50 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

There is a difference between a movie based on a video game & a movie that is about a video game.

Dec 26 - 08:41 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Correct, I was of course referring to movie's based on video games. I quite liked Scott Pilgrim and Wreck-It Ralph.

Dec 26 - 11:06 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

They were all deplorable, yes.

Dec 26 - 07:48 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Give me some of what this guy is smoking.

Dec 26 - 07:49 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

you want some bath salts?

Dec 27 - 06:22 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Meh Wreck-It Ralph was a parody. Not a movie based on a video game.

Dec 26 - 07:50 PM

Andrew Bourque

Andrew Bourque

I have not seen any of these (thankfully) but the trailer for The Three Stooges actually made me sick to my stomach so it has my vote

Dec 26 - 08:12 PM

Schiller Poland

Schiller Poland

There were definitely worse films on the list than the one i voted for, but i voted for twilight just to piss off all the horny 14 year old girls

Dec 26 - 08:13 PM

Matt Bate

Matt Bate

Atlas Shrugged II was just absolutely, downright awful. I'd love to see it being made into a film with a higher budget and some better actors. In the right hands it could be an interesting film that could compliment the book nicely.

Dec 26 - 08:24 PM

David Vazquez

David Vazquez

I agree. I didn't see part II but I saw the first one. I didn't think it was too bad, but I kept thinking the acting could have been much better. And, unfortunately, the plot devices need to be updated-- it needs to be aircraft or spacecraft manufacturing, or oil pipes, etc. Railways are just outdated and are no longer significant. Or they could have left it based in the 50s.

Dec 27 - 11:32 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus