Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Reviews

November 6, 2009
verymuch would like to see this
October 12, 2009
IF there was going to be a remake of Star Wars this would be it!
September 20, 2009
I'm no diehard Robotech fan or anything but I love scifi and anime so I figured I would like this film. Boy was I right. What an amazing story. This makes me want to check out the old robotech stuff. I heard they are working on a live action film as well. Its a mix of classic anime animation and CG and the CG does look outdated. Definitely worth a watch if you like anime and are in the mood for some scifi action.
September 9, 2009
great story, voice of mark hamill, richard epcar and yuri lowenthal!!
½ August 19, 2009
I love ROBOTECH, I mean LOVE it...nothing is better than the Macross Saga, most modern animation gets its roots here. The story of Macross is simply amazing and so very deep. The end of the Macross Saga and the Robotech Epic Saga demanded a sequel to answer lingering questions. In 1986 Harmony Gold attempted a sequel with Robotech 2: The Sentinels do too financing problems the project feel through, over the years many different projects attempted to recapture the magic of the original. The Shadow Chronicles comes close, but missed the mark somewhat, the characters were there, but seemed "off". It was based on the Sentinels storyline, and yet the story it was telling was wrong..I give them an A for effort but in actual presentation it falls much shorter...
August 2, 2009
Found it on hulu, thought, hey, what the heck. I'm glad I saw it for free, because it was not very engaging. Too bad for the robotech franchise. The 3D elements were stiffly animated, and the anime portions seemed too generic. And the story didn't stand out enough to make up for it. If you don't know the Robotech story, this is not the place to start.
½ July 20, 2009
Really good...I just wish the story had continued.
½ July 10, 2009
boring dialogue which makes the characters flat as they are drawn.
it's a story about humans and 2 alien races: Invids (good) and Children of Shadow (bad) or whatever. it takes a bulk of the movie for the humans to finally realize that the bad aliens have double-crossed them. And then it's damage control for the next 20 minutes or so.
i'd rather watch blue's clues for 2 hours.
if u hate your life, go ahead and watch this.
½ June 5, 2009
Just a little bit of retconning and a whole lot of rebooting. Looking forward to the next installment on this.
June 1, 2009
Terrible dialog. Didn't really like the character designs for many of the characters.
March 5, 2009
I Love Robotech!
You have to see this its awesome!
February 28, 2009
its a well deserved continuation of the classic series
½ February 17, 2009
A very good follow through of the original series and especially the one we never got to see (Sentinels) for all sorts of reasons. Fans will delight in rekindling with this series and most probably hope they make more...
January 23, 2009
As a diehard Robotech fan, this movie was disappointing.
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
December 18, 2008
Hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread or the rechargeable shaver. Probably the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.
December 13, 2008
brings back the days of my childhood. the best space sci-fi anime ever. i loved the bettered "shadow fighters" and of course all the other ships used (aside from the "children of shadow" ones). and story-line, well c'mon robotech, is all about tech not lec ;-)
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
November 27, 2008
Very Babylon 5. Not what I'd been expecting. CGI could have been better
September 25, 2008
A kinda so-so viewing experience, as I wasn't too familiar with the series since the original series aired on television. The overall feeling was that they tried to give something of a re-cap of the series, but it's a little too much information to throw at an audience during the short 88 minute run-time.

The CGI doesn't mix very well with the cel animation either, it's pretty glaring when it's onscreen.

Great for fans, but possibly too much information for the novice.