Critics Consensus: Rock of Ages Hits a Sour Note
Plus, That's My Boy is juvenile.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Tahrir: Liberation Square, a documentary about last year's Egyptian democracy protests, is at 100 percent.
- Your Sister's Sister, starring Emily Blunt and Mark Duplass in a dramedy about a liaison between a pair of grieving friends, is at 93 percent (check out Duplass' Five Favorite Films here).
- Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present, a documentary about the boundary-pushing performance artist, is at 88 percent.
- Extraterrestrial, a sci-fi comedy about a group of young people holed up in an apartment as a UFO lurks overhead, is at 69 percent.
- The Woman in the Fifth, starring Ethan Hawke and Kristin Scott Thomas in a psychological thriller about an expat American writer in Paris who is drawn to an enigmatic woman, is at 69 percent.
- Americano, starring Salma Hayek in a drama about a French real estate agent who must travel to America to settle his deceased mother's estate, is at 55 percent.
- Patang, a drama set in the midst of India's biggest kite festival, is at 33 percent.
- The Tortured, a horror film about a pair of suburban parents who take justice into their own hands after their son is murdered, is at eight percent.