Rockabilly Vampire Reviews

November 16, 2007
What's buzzin', cuzzin'?
"Come on and shake a leg with the living dead!"

Luscious Iris M. Daugherty is a meek little sheep girl who is obsessed with the 50's and is writing a book about how Elvis Presley is still alive (girl after my own heart). Lucky for this kitty-kat, she meets a boy who is not only a blood-sucking vampire but a leather jacket clad greaser who looks like Elvis. Why can't this be my life? He was bitten by his brother in the 50's on his way to an Elvis look-alike contest and he has somehow found his way into 20th century Manhattan making himself as noticeable as a bull in a china shop by using phrases like "make like an eskimo pie and cool it." I can see why the majority of people call this movie utter and complete crap, but I rather think it's hilarious. With a sweet music score filled with rockabilly music, a film style quite similar to Waters' older flicks like Mondo Trasho, scenarios that felt like they were stolen from my daydreams, Rockabilly Vampire was right up my alley confirming my love for Troma films even more. Rent this bit, big daddy, it's a blast!