RocknRolla Reviews

½ April 23, 2014
Ritchie repeats again the same template and this is not one of his best shots.
April 22, 2014
Probably my favorite Guy Ritchie I've seen yet. Some really funny moments, and some great uses of music and juxtaposition.
½ April 14, 2014
Too familiar to be interesting. It's like a joke: it stops being funny after a while...
January 10, 2013
Focused more on talky then blowing stuff. Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla is a fun film to watch thanks to it's slick dialogue, awesome soundtrack and stylish direction by Ritchie. Plus a cool cast doesn't hurt either
September 19, 2013
It's no Lock Stock or Snatch, but it's definitely worth a watch.
August 7, 2013
This was pretty good, nothing new here but if you're your a fan of Guy Ritchie than you'll like it. Pretty standard fare from him; British gangster oriented, crime and thugs and mobsters and pretty woman, intriguing characters, dark comedy, colorful and (hilarious) lauguage and crazy situations with initially confusing storylines that eventually all merge together. I've seen it all before with different characters but it was still a fun ride. Interesting to see Gerard Butler playing a bi-curious, unsuccessful criminal in a B-role. Great cast as always. Enjoyed the battle with the "Wild Bunch" and the Russians who just wouldn't go down. What are these guys made of? Hilarious. Disliked Ludicrous and Jeremy Piven even if they just had cameos. 03.27.14
½ March 6, 2014
While the movie is not the best from Guy Ritchie, it's nowhere near his worst. The film has all the imagery, dialogue, and situations you would expect from a Guy Ritchie film unlike the Sherlock films he's most recently known for. An entertaining watch if you're a fan of his work.
½ March 2, 2014
Convoluted to a fault, the movie at least partially makes it up with some knee jerk comedy and style.
½ February 6, 2014
While it may not be Guy Ritchie's best work, RocknRolla can certainly be labelled as a solid Guy Ritchie film supported by good action and fun performances from a top-quality cast.
April 7, 2011
Took me a while to see this one as when it first came out I wasnt too keen on it but damn it was a mighty fine movie. A British gangster film starring Gerard Butler, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Tom Wilkinson and Thandie Newton and directed by Guy Ritchie the man behind the pretty awesome Sherlock Holmes films. Lenny Cole (Wilkinson) is the big London kingpin who gets involved in a dodgy deal with a Russian mobster with millions of pounds are up for the taking as well as a priceless painting. Its a really well done entertaining film with very interesting characters which also provides some fairly funny moments. Brilliant film so much better than I thought it would be
½ October 17, 2008
This film holds up remarkably well on the re-watch from the To-Watch Pile, so that's always a nice turn of events, especially now that we have Ritchie getting his groove back after after his divorce from Madonna.

I have to admit to some trepidation when I went into this one, but I was quite impressed with the levels of plotting, stylistic storytelling and performances on display; Guy Ritchie has truly redeemed himself after losing his way with stuff like Swept Away and Revolver.

Highly recommended.
½ January 8, 2014
A la película le falta algo, tiene todos los ingredientes de otros exitos, pero no lo logra, se queda en demasiada droga, demasiada violencia, demasiada suerte, demasiada coincidencia. Y los malos ganan al final, es un buen toque para variar.
January 5, 2014
A hodge-podge crime comedy. Lot's of characters and story lines that come crashing together. Funnier than I thought it would be and more enjoyable. Rent it. Buy it - if you're a fan of Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
December 12, 2013
It's Guy Ritchie, what else needs to be said?
May 29, 2011
Arguably, it's the same movie as Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. But I think there's a lot more to it. I think characters are interesting and compelling, all that make you want to know more about them. (Of course, some more than others.)
It's an enjoyable ride that takes a bit to kick in, but when it does...you better be holding on to something.
November 21, 2013
Narration gives a hot running commentary that makes this such an English movie. The British rogue and the petty businessmen are slick characters for the actors to bite into which is done very effectively. Camera is post modern stylish with a hint of industrial creating a sharp image to view. Alas the sex was a bit quick; alas that is what one can expect from accountants. Nibbles: Yorkshire puds and Jam.
November 17, 2013
Scattershot and confusing narrative notwithstanding, "RocknRolla" still clearly represents a well-crafted return to form for Guy Ritchie and an excellent mosaic of side-splittingly funny performances.
½ August 11, 2012
first time i seen this was in tenerife and it didnt dissapoint.
November 9, 2013
Our Favorite movie... the story line is ever enthralling every time you watch it! Guy Richie's masterpiece, especially following such a terrible film as "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels"
½ August 12, 2013
Fun who's-got-the-money type film. Guy Ritchie knows what he's doing with the quick cut flashbacks.