The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Average Rating: 6.7/10
Reviews Counted: 40
Fresh: 31 | Rotten: 9
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 3
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 362,888
This low-budget freak show/cult classic/cultural institution concerns the misadventures of Brad Majors (Barry Bostwick) and Janet Weiss (Susan Sarandon) inside a strange mansion that they come across on a rainy night. After the wholesome pair profess their love through an opening song, their car breaks down in the woods, and they seek refuge in a towering castle nearby. Greeting them at the door is a ghoulish butler named Riff Raff (Richard O'Brien), who introduces them to a bacchanalian
Sep 25, 1975 Wide
Oct 3, 2000
20th Century Fox - Official Site
Watch It Now
Dr. Everett V. Scott
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
One hundred minutes of pure queer celebration that manages to concoct a bizarre cocktail of sincerity and reckless abandon.
It's like art-rockers Roxy Music let loose on Frankenstein - ludicrous, but oddly compelling. And it even stars Meat Loaf.
Like the hugely successful B-Movie that inspired it, Harry Novak's 1965 sexploitation classic "Kiss Me Quick!" "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is an exploitation film that draws on a grab-bag of social identifiers to expand on conventional hypocrisies...
The film itself is a lot of fun -- but the audience-participation phenomenon has turned it into a one-of-a-kind cinematic experience.
Best seen with wild crowd at midnight. Otherwise, nope.
A very good film in its own right; it's a triumph of clever filmmaking by Jim Sharman, who should have gone on to bigger things.
Strange, unique, and one-of-a-kind... provided you see it under the right conditions.
Great music, over the top acting, extremely original. Without a doubt a one of a kind.
Audience Reviews for The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Movies Like The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter: That's a rather tender subject. Another slice, anyone?
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter: Don't be upset...It was a mercy killing. He had a certain naive charm, but no muscle.
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter: I hope you're adaptable, Dr. Scott. I know Brad is.
- Janet Weiss: What have you done to Brad?
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter: Nothing. Why, do you think I should?
- Criminologist: It's a jump to the left!
- Transylvanian: And then a step to the right!
- Magenta: I'm lucky, he's lucky, we're all lucky!
Discuss The Rocky Horror Picture Show on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (DE)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (UK)