The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Average Rating: 6.7/10
Reviews Counted: 39
Fresh: 30 | Rotten: 9
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 3
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 333,810
This low-budget freak show/cult classic/cultural institution concerns the misadventures of Brad Majors (Barry Bostwick) and Janet Weiss (Susan Sarandon) inside a strange mansion that they come across on a rainy night. After the wholesome pair profess their love through an opening song, their car breaks down in the woods, and they seek refuge in a towering castle nearby. Greeting them at the door is a ghoulish butler named Riff Raff (Richard O'Brien), who introduces them to a bacchanalian
Sep 25, 1975 Wide
Oct 3, 2000
20th Century Fox - Official Site
Watch It Now
Dr. Everett V. Scott
One hundred minutes of pure queer celebration that manages to concoct a bizarre cocktail of sincerity and reckless abandon.
It's like art-rockers Roxy Music let loose on Frankenstein - ludicrous, but oddly compelling. And it even stars Meat Loaf.
Like the hugely successful B-Movie that inspired it, Harry Novak's 1965 sexploitation classic "Kiss Me Quick!" "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is an exploitation film that draws on a grab-bag of social identifiers to expand on conventional hypocrisies...
The film itself is a lot of fun -- but the audience-participation phenomenon has turned it into a one-of-a-kind cinematic experience.
Best seen with wild crowd at midnight. Otherwise, nope.
Audience Reviews for The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Magenta: I'm lucky, he's lucky, we're all lucky!
- Criminologist: [reading from dictionary] "Emotion: Agitation or disturbance of mind; vehement or excited mental state." It is also a powerful and irrational master. And from what Magenta and Columbia eagerly viewed on their television monitor, there seemed little doubt that Janet was indeed... its slave.
- Janet Weiss: [whispering] Say something!
- Brad Majors: Say! Any of you guys know how to Madison?
- Dr. Frank-N-Furter: [singing] I'll tell you once, I won't tell you twice, you better wise up, Janet Weiss. Your apple pie don't taste too nice. You better wise up, Janet Weiss. [Janet knees him in the balls and runs away]
- Janet Weiss: [singing] There's a light, over at the Frankenstein place.
- Columbia: My God! I can't stand any more of this! First you spurn me for Eddie, and then you throw him off like an old overcoat for Rocky! You chew people up and then you spit them out again... I loved you... do you hear me? I loved you! And what did it get me? Yeah, I'll tell you: a big nothing. You're like a sponge. You take, take, take, and drain others of their love and emotion. Yeah, well, I've had enough You're gonna choose between me and Rocky, so named after the rocks in his head!
There are no discussion threads for The Rocky Horror Picture Show yet.
Latest News on The Rocky Horror Picture Show
October 20, 2010:Ryan Murphy Mulls Rocky Horror Remake
Fox 2000 is planning a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" remake -- and they want "Glee" creator Ryan...
September 23, 2010:Rocky Horror Picture Show Turns 35 in Style
To celebrate 35 years of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show," Kenny Ortega is directing a live,...
July 25, 2008:Weekly Ketchup: Anchorman 2, Dracula: Year Zero, Twilight Zone and Much More
In this week's Weekly Ketchup we've got the latest on plenty of remakes and sequels coming your way....
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (DE)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (UK)