The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reviews

November 8, 2006
One of the strangest and entertaining musicals I have ever seen. If your a fan of classic horror and sci-fi films, you'll love this movie. Lots of classic songs as well as eccentric lovable characters.
½ June 29, 2011
Most perfectly absurd film ever
½ April 12, 2015
A musical about Dr. Frankenstein, aliens, transsexuals and love. Absurd, surrealistic, amazing, fun, sexy, naughty, playful, ridiculous. Amazing!
½ April 7, 2015
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is about as cult as it gets, without actually getting illegal. Taking into account the year it was released and the mostly unknown cast that were picked, the success of the film was phenomenal. Richard O'Brien writing the songs managed to do what seems impossible to most - writing a musical where al the songs are catchy and don't come across as "fillers". The low-budget works perfectly with the camp tone and is great for adapting the stage show into a memorable "picture show". The film is definitely a spoof of B-movies, hammer-style horror films and a general tribute to "giving yourself over to absolute pleasure". Tim Curry as Frank N' Furter is quite something and its great to see foetus Susan Sarandon.
March 24, 2015
Settings in which you see the film aside, the film itself really just isn't that good. I wish it were, because judging by the opening credits it seemed like whoever made this film loved all the same films I do. The first song was silly and catchy, and everything devolves from there. I enjoyed a lot of the film's warped style and obvious affection for B cinema, but the songs and plot were pretty lackluster. As Kehr said, all the songs really do sound the same. Tim Curry's performance is really the greatest thing in the picture. He brilliantly treads a extraordinarily fine line between revolting and strangely alluring.
Anyway, cult phenomenon aside (how does something like that start anyhow, really?), this would have been just a silly little musical that would have been quickly forgotten.
March 23, 2015
Phenomenon of the films...scary and funny with an intelligent plot and strong performances...Bravo !
½ March 8, 2015
Lots of mindless fun with very little comprehendible story. To approach this one you have to just let go of all thought and let the music and insanity wrap you in. With that being said it is one that i watched once and will probably not watch again but i appreciate it because it was a step to some of my favorite indie rock musicals.
½ March 5, 2015
this movie is a thrill ride
½ February 16, 2015
Everyone seems to like this movie but the hype was such that I just felt underwhelmed.
February 5, 2015
All time favourite movie
½ January 30, 2015
It's B-Movie Goodness, the acting, the story, and its music make Rocky Horror Picture Show truly memorable. Tim Curry is the true star of this midnight film and makes you fall in love with him and his humor every step of the way. It shocks you, makes you laugh, and you never lose your attention. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a prime example of a fun and enjoyable film.
January 29, 2015
Tim Curry's performance has made this a cult phenomenon and the soundtrack will live on in perpetuity. Full review later.
January 28, 2015
The first time I saw this it was playing on TV, on Halloween. I had no idea what I was looking at but I had to drop everything and watch it.
January 28, 2015
There simply isn't any other movie, before or after, like this one, that achieves to mix so many elements from different genres and pop culture and turn it into something completely fresh and exciting, it's definitely a rite of passage for anyone who claims to love movies.
January 24, 2015
A true gender bending classic! I have lost count of how many times I have seen it.
January 18, 2015
LOVE IT!!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!
January 4, 2015
Got to see this one again, after who knows how many years -- well, hmm, some of the songs are still great, but it does drag on and becomes a tad incoherent.
December 15, 2014
Not the greatest movie ever made. But it is the greatest musical of all time!!
December 1, 2014
I never reviewed this but this shit is weird
October 10, 2007
This cult classic is one of the greatest "Out of the Box" film.