90% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Rocky III Reviews

Dann M

December 17, 2011
"It's the eye of the tiger..." Rocky III comes out swinging; ramping up the action and moving away from the heavy drama. While the first two films were about the "big fight," this one has all sorts of fights, training montages, and even a wrestling match. However, this new direction doesn't live up to the previous films. Mr. T adds some new energy as a formidable opponent for Rocky, but he's a one dimensional villain. And, the loss of Mickey is a devastating blow; but it does allow for the series to take Apollo's story in a new direction. Rocky III is still a great film, but it's a different type of film from the first two.
November 24, 2008
I really liked this movie, especially the dialogue on the beach and the ending sequence.
June 27, 2014
Its more blockbuster and slicker but its a great movie. Just great fun to watch,sad in the middle then a great comeback at the end. Hey Mr T is in it
June 22, 2014
Extremely predictable and highly silly, but Mr T and Hulk Hogan make it worth the while
January 10, 2007
There is plenty of cheesy moments in this movie. Mr T plays a character that is way over the top. The script is predictable yet somehow the movie is satisfying. You can't help but route for the main character. I would file this one under a guilty pleasure.
June 20, 2014
It's some kind of unintentional masterpiece. Of the first trilogy, this "Rocky" is the silliest of them all, and that's precisely why I love it so much. It takes the iconography of Rocky Balboa and orchestrates a symphony of delightful 80's cheese, hugely entertaining fights, and a spirited conclusion that will rouse any audience willing to give in to a little feel-good trickery.
April 5, 2013
Just as good as Rocky II
March 11, 2014
Once again, we see a very similar film, only with less to offer. Rocky 3 offers an even more watered down version of what its predecessor did.
May 3, 2014
This is when the series starts to get silly and it doesn't match the tone to the first and second movie but, hey i really like this movie because, of it's ridiculousness, M.t is an awesome villain, and some of the drama scenes are actually good
April 20, 2014
Starts off a little weaker than both its predecessors but it makes a strong comeback and the friendship between Rocky and Apollo is more than worth watching the film for.
April 15, 2014
More action but on the other side poor in drama plot. Nothing special except the "Eye of The Tiger" single appear in this sequel.
Matt H.
April 11, 2014
By the middle of Rocky III, I forgot it was a sequel. The Rocky movies have this rosy glow over them that doesn't let this series every spoil, even the more movies. Unlike most sequels, it doesn't feel uninspired, cheaply made, or desperate. It feels like a rejuvenation of the original. The movie tells a tale of what the human spirit can really do, and it tells it so well.
March 23, 2014
Mickey(Burgess Meredith): The worst thing that happened to you, that can happen to any fighter: you got civilized.

As much as I like Stallone's Rocky character and found him charming in the first two films; unfortunately, part of the charms came from the character overcoming incredible odd especially when he was the clear underdog. Unfortunately, the result of the character's success in the last film completely alters the character. The story in this one is pretty interesting but it just feels so scripted and less organic than the first one. Although, it was a good, if not predictable twist that Rocky and Apollo, once fierce rivals, would become united against a common foe--, it's a classic movie formula. Some parts of the film were a bit cheesy, some parts inspiring, some parts predictably boring but overall still pretty entertaining because after the viewing the first two films, I kind of felt a bit invested in the story and its characters.
February 4, 2006
Damn cool 80s movie. Legendary. It's the origin of "eye of the tiger" as well as brought fame to Mr. T and Hulk Hogan. The story is as interesting as the others now that Rocky is the champ. In some ways, there's not as much there as far as story - it's strictly about boxing almost, but it's fun.
rocknblues81
May 6, 2006
Rocky in this 3rd installment is on the verge of retirement when Clubber Lang (Mr.T) makes sexual advances toward Adrian forcing Rocky back into the ring once again. The problem is that Mickey is unwilling to manage this fight. It turns out he's been hiding a secret from Rocky for a few years that might just change Rocky's view of is entire career and cause him to question his own abilities.

I myself enjoyed this one more than part two, but less than part 4. Which is probably my favorite even though the first one is actually the best movie in the series.

6/10
July 3, 2007
Very good, seems more forced than the first two but had its moments of greatness.
shakercoola
January 12, 2014
A superb title track and a nasty little performance from Mr T which draws in the viewer for another episode of adrenaline sparking pugilism and sentimentality. As sequels go it packs a powerful punch.
January 11, 2014
Cheesy, cartoonish and overblown but no less entertaining and outright enthralling. We're in the 80's now and this film lets you know it, gone is the more grounded, gritty feel of the first two films, now every punch sounds like a bomb going off, Stallone is now Rambo-sized, sweat glistens off the fighters like they had a punch up in a baby oil factory, the montages are filled with tiny vests and tinier shorts and much, hilarious near bum slapping homoeroticism, and a debuting Mr T shouts and cusses like he's in WWF. In other words, it's fucking great! EYE OF THE TIGER!!!
December 31, 2013
It's cheesy and predictable, but would would we have it any other way?
December 30, 2013
Its still a ways from the quality of the original Rocky but at least this is better than the 2nd. I wasn't sure if the movie was really being serious a lot of the time and I don't totally buy some of the acting or dialog either. But if you just watch it as a non-serious movie I think its fine.