Average Rating: 7.8/10
Reviews Counted: 11
Fresh: 11 | Rotten: 0
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 0
Average Rating: 3.3/5
User Ratings: 7,559
A handful of tourists looking for adventure get more than they bargained for when they cross paths with a massive man-eating beast in this thriller. Pete McKell (Michael Vartan) is a writer for an American travel magazine who has been assigned to write a story about vacationing in rugged Northern Australia. Pete signs up for a cruise along a river that's home to a large crocodile population, with tough but pretty Kate Ryan (Radha Mitchell) serving as guide. Pete soon finds he's roughing it in
Apr 25, 2008 Wide
Aug 5, 2008
Third Rail Releasing - Official Site
Watch It Now
Latest News on Rogue
August 4, 2008:RT on DVD: Watch an Exclusive Clip from Starship Troopers: Marauder
Sparred by the triumphant onscreen return of a certain Johnny Rico, we turn our DVD-minded focus to...
April 10, 2008:Croc Horror Pic Rogue Coming to 10 Cities
Radha Mitchell and Michael Vartan's long-delayed giant crocodile horror opus, Rogue, is finally...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
An intense and entertaining killer croc movie with sharp special effects, and strong performances from a very respectable cast...
a slick, serviceable nature's revenge flick...[but] one can almost feel the clashing instincts of McLean and his Hollywood executive producers the Weinsteins, with the hokey spirit of Crocodile Dundee winning out in the end.
Rock out with your croc out: A lean, mean and wonderfully fun little fright flick in the tradition of Jaws 2, Orca and Deep Blue Sea.
This is by no means original or groundbreaking. But, it's made with a sure hand, filled with tension throughout.
If you want to enjoy being scared [...] then this rampaging reptile is for you.
The best flick of its kind since Lewis Teague's drive-in classic Alligator. And that was 1980.
A film predicated on ideas of suspense and pace rather than blasting violence and idiocy, Rogue is a satisfying, skilled entry in the water-based terror genre.
Audience Reviews for Rogue
Movies Like Rogue
- Kate Ryan: I can't find the flares.
- Pete McKell: Would they be in a giant yellow box with the word 'flares' written on it.
- Pete McKell: I just saw a man get eaten by a fucking crocodile. This is not what I do, alright. You know what I do? I write stupid articles about hotels, restaraunts and resorts. Not about the Australian Outback. And by the way, I fucking hate animals, especially ones that can kill you! [muttering to himself] Speaking of which, I'm gonna kill my fucking editor when I get home.
- Neil: What the fuck you gawin' at, four eyes?
- Pete McKell: I don't know. I got the brochure, but it didn't say anything about assholes.
- Pete McKell: We're dealing with an animal!
- Simon: There's an animal out there, and it's hunting us.
- Neil: I'm gonna swim across, real quiet...
Discuss Rogue on our Movie forum!