88% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Roller Boogie Reviews

March 26, 2014
Its not the best, but I actually like it. They're worst movies out there that for some reason have better reviews. This movie, is mostly a movie that you just enjoy the dancing and the whole 70s vibe. Its not meant to be the best movie. Its underrated, sure it has its cheesy moments but watchable.
July 29, 2013
Spoiled brat can't get enuff roller skating and Disco music. but she needs to train to win that big championship skate off and she asks local dope to help her out. He falls for her but he's a schmuck so she eventually has to fall in love with him. Could be alot worse, Linda Blair looks pretty hot in skin tight pants!
July 18, 2013
three stars just for the roller skating in such tight & tiny clothes.
July 13, 2013
I'd forgotten there was actually a roller disco craze until this movie, which combined the best of both disco AND roller skating! It's really a 0-star film, but it gets two stars for being such a hilariously awful movie that it's awfulness made it awfully entertaining. The story is about "fine" looking' rich girl Linda Blair wanting the king of the local roller disco to show her how to roller boogie. Once they get past the usual snobs-vs.slobs dilemmas and comedy, things get complicated when the local mob threatens to close down their favorite local roller rink. This is the kind of laughably bad movie that has hilariously bad dialogue ("I need to ask for a favor." "As long as it's not about skating or disco music.") or mob enforcers being chased off by teenagers throwing fruit and vegetables at them, but my favorite laughable moment was after Linda Blair breaks up with the king of the roller disco and he mournfully skates by himself, mooning for Linda and dreaming of being an Olympic figure skater. This film is a must see for lovers of camp. And remember, "socks must be worn at all times."
July 21, 2012
This gets an extra half a star just for how hot Linda Blair is in it! Other than that it's a formulaic cheesefest that is fun to watch.
May 27, 2012
This is a old movie that now seems interesting. You should watch this movie if you have never watched it before. It is a good family movie.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I don't know why anyone thought rollerdisco was a sport that could be made successfully into a film. It's okay, but not as good as it thinks it is.
docbreaknik
November 1, 2009
theres a shed load of things to look out 4 in this film:

the lead actor sounds like he's got a peg on his nose and wears a 'HEVEN' tee shirt.

while 'jammer' is being threatened a goon bends a screwdriver !!!
jammer shows his fear by not moveing his face ... and then, not 2 minutes later, he is paraleticly drunk stumbling down the stairs.??

watch out 4 the 'THIS IS MY 15 MINUTES, HERE I GO..' fella spinning around in the background after Blair says to Bobby 'can we talk' [or she says something like that] and Bobby says ' ive just gotta do something' gets up, jumps around in the air and sits back down] ...

WHEN GOONES GET OUT OF THEIR MOTOR [ THEY ARE PACKING HEAT BY THE WAY] ...A GOON EVEN BECKONS THE ROLLER SKATERS AS HE WALKS TOWARDS THEM.
then a lone skaters shouts ...
"GET THE DUDES WITH THE FRUIT!"... and the goons run away?
[....watch out 4 the MELLON hitting the door of the car lol . theres a fucking great 'THUD' as it explodes]

theres loads more, but im 2 lazy to write any more.
June 24, 2009
way back when (early to mid 1980's) i loved Linda Blair. I would watch anything she was in - including this. I thought it was ok if a little gay.....watching this this many years later after not having seen it in probably 20 years i feel pretty much the same way. The only major flaw was that she wasn't naked in it. It's an ok time passer but i'll be honest - it gets a pass mainly because of nostalgic value. Its no "CHAINED HEAT" but hey...what is?!?!
RCCLBC
RCCLBC

February 21, 2008
Four words: Linda, Blair, Disco, Skates. Need I say more?
Ok here's some more: terribly dated, totally predictable, badly acted. Yet it's kind of like a car crash that you just feel compelled to look at, when you know you should be looking away.
Ultimately good cheesy fun and not much more.
This film is listed among the 100 Most Enjoyably Bad Movies Ever Made in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIEŽ MOVIE GUIDE.
shesdownbytheriver
shesdownbytheriver

March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
drwho9
December 1, 2008
Aliens will incinerate the Earth if they ever see this movie !!!
October 10, 2008
great slice of LA in the 70's too bad Venice isn't like this still:(
August 24, 2008
Yeah, I know it's not Citizen Kane, but it's a whole lotta fun! ;)
July 30, 2008
I wish life was like this, but not bad like this movie!
MarilynsDisciple
September 30, 2007
I finally saw it, and I loved it. I don't understand why so many people are saying it's corny and stupid. It wasn't that bad at all. So far, I think this is my favorite performance of Linda's next to The Exorcist.
Blaxunshine
February 21, 2008
Have to make sure the big roller contest goes off w/out a hitch so everybody can Roller Boogie
February 6, 2008
This one wheely sucked.
January 22, 2008
Funny for about 20 minutes, after which it promptly turns to shit. Directed by Mark L. "Commando" Lester.