—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Romantics Anonymous Reviews

Wildaly M

April 18, 2014
A quirky love story between two people who are afraid of their emotions and taking a leap of faith. I like the metaphor the film posits. The actors are very convincing in their roles and quite charming. It felt a little too sweet and silly at times, but it is a very nice tale.
Eliza N

July 6, 2013
Doux comme le chocolat...
hunterjt13
hunterjt13

April 18, 2013
Two chocolatiers, both of whom are paralyzed by emotional attachment, fall in love.
This film is positively delightful. It's true that I'm a sucker for stories about awkward people falling in love, but I think the film is universal. Even the broadly comic bits, like Angelique encouraging herself as she walks to the door of the chocolate shop and continues encouraging herself as she about-faces or the musical number, are well-executed. Benoit Poelvoorde and Isabell Carre are funny and effective, and the plot unfolds smoothly -- at less than an hour and a half, there's no wasted time here.
As with any romantic comedy, this film had more than its fair share of "must-happens," obvious to only the most discerning viewer.
Overall, I had fun watching this film.
Cynthia S

April 20, 2012
Kind of sweet. Kind of quirky. Could have been fantastic, but didn't seem to want to go all the way....
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

August 22, 2013
To aid her brittle emotional state, Angelique(Isabelle Carre) attends support meetings where she promptly faints. The job hunt goes much better when she quickly lands a job at a chocolate factory. But it is not the one she wanted, as Jean-Rene(Benoit Poelvoorde), the boss, feels she would ironically be perfect as a sales rep. While she valiantly tries to make the best out of a difficult situation, Jean-Rene is himself seeing a psychologist who advises him to take action.

"Romantics Anonymous" is a reminder that they do not quite make romantic comedies like they used to and for good reason, considering that there are now rules against sexual harassment in the workplace. But in this instance, Jean-Rene is even more of a mess than Angelique, so why not, I suppose? And the movie, overall quite harmless as it is, does have its certain charms, not the least of which is the eminently likable Isabelle Carre.
hawkledge
hawkledge

April 20, 2012
Engaging enough farce, though begins to fray around the edges during the latter stages.
December 17, 2012
What a wonderfully quirky love story, all wrapped up in the world of gourmet chocolate! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.
June 12, 2014
Extraordinaria historia de amor, Benoît Poelvoorde actua de manera espectacular en este film.Excelente.
May 3, 2014
A light romantic comedy
January 29, 2013
A couple of cliches here n there but Romantics Anonymous is still a very enjoyable light hearted film...
March 9, 2014
It's predictable, but sweet, silly and rather fun. So long as one avoids dwelling too much on the more ridiculous parts of the premise, it's a perfectly adequate way to spend an evening.
February 26, 2014
A great little story with some great plot elements that was great fun to watch.
January 28, 2014
I absolutely loved this movie. Sweet, funny, and charming.
December 25, 2013
Muy sencilla pero divertidisima
tkhs
December 25, 2013
A short, feel good movie. Perfect to lift up your mood after an unsatisfying day. With a simple cast and story line, it does not require much effort to watch and does enough to leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.
December 23, 2013
A beautiful film that leaves you craving chocolate and shy kisses. A++
December 15, 2013
A gifted chocolate maker who suffers from incontrollable shyness and her chocolatier boss whose awkwardness threatens to drown his company fall in love. A witty and charming French romantic comedy that only occasionally gives into the clichés of the genre.
November 26, 2011
Unlike the Mercier chocolates portrayed in the film, Romantics Anonymous did not explode with tastes on my palate, and left me feeling a little unsatisfied overall. Nice performances from two strong leads, but the writing is flawed in parts. It's a nice film, but it could have been a lot better.
December 13, 2013
cute story, i enjoyed it very much :)
September 13, 2013
A very enjoyable romance movie, filled with tons of laughs. Certainly worth your time and it shows many of the insecurities all of us have, we just aren't as vocal about showing them.