Romy and Michele's High School Reunion Reviews

½ July 29, 2012
Almost painful to watch. Mira Sorvino's dumb blonde act doesn't ring true to me. How do they live such an extravagant LA lifestyle without jobs? The real reunion ending makes the inane movie a little better. Mira seems like she can actually dance, and Alan Cumming is surprisingly sexy.
movieguru12
February 15, 2008
This movie is hilarious. Not only did I love it because Lisa Kudrow was in it but I loved it because of the humor and the characters.

Michele: You had gotten really thin by then.

Romy: I know. I was so lucky getting mono, that was like the best diet ever.

Love this movie and would recommend it if you love to laugh like I do. Just Great! Lisa Kudrow Rox! Don't Miss Out! Such a fun movie & the music rocks! :) I love it!!!! :) :) :)
October 31, 2007
Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino have THE most brilliant comic timing. I have so much fun watching this movie. This is the original Legally Blonde and all its derivatives, folks.
October 31, 2007
Watched this again last night (for about the 20th time). Honestly, I never get tired of it.
It is by no means a deep or meaningful film, but it is such good fun, and I just sit there laughing every time, even though I know what is coming and could probably quote the whole thing before they say it.
Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow are perfect as Romy & Michele - two best friends since high school facing the grim realisation that their lives aren't "actually that impressive", and trying very hard to impress their old high school enemies, getting into many situations and scrapes along the way. The end moral of this is be yourself, and really, these characters are so great, you wonder why they would want to be anyone else to start with.
The supporting cast is also excellent. I love Jacob Vargas as Ramon, and Julia Campbell's bitchy Christie (didn't we all know a girl or two like her back in high school?!). Also Janeane Garofalo, Alan Cumming and Elain Hendrix - really I can't fault any of them.
I really don't care how many people say this is a bad movie, as far as I am concerned, it is a classic!
June 9, 2009
i really cant say what drove me to watch this. there must have been all reality shows on the other channels. though it wasnt a wretched demon of a movie
thmtsang
½ August 3, 2007
Ever wondered why your life didn't turn out the way you hoped? Romy and Michele have a school reunion and makeup stories about their life to impress their old class mates.
January 15, 2008
I can't believe I've watched these sort of movies.
mwilliams078
½ March 29, 2008
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion; is such a funny light and fluffy film. Mira Sorvino and Kisa Kudrow play best friends from high school whom never parted ways (Sorvino and Kudrow are too funny in this).

Both ladies (Kudrow and Sorvino) find out while living in CA that the big 10 yr High School Reunion is around the corner. Since being the black sheep of the class they want to go back and show everyone who is the most improved women of the class. My fav scene is the dream sequence both main chatacterrs have since they are fighting...all I have to say is I AM THE MARY...YPU ARE RHODA!!! lol
RCCLBC
March 17, 2008
Still makes me laugh, even after numerous viewings.
½ November 26, 2007
This movie always cheers me up! It's one where I can always watch it over and over again.
July 11, 2007
Fun movie set in the 80's decade. I graduated in 1986, so this would be the class after mine. I didn't like the throwaway dream sequence in the middle of the movie. Those girls were so sweet and charming. Great 80's music.
July 5, 2007
This is an adorable film plus its really funny.
½ May 24, 2007
Yes, I really enjoyed it, and I'm not ashamed. It reminded me a lot of Clueless in style, which for me is a good thing. The trio dance is in the running for some of the campest things I've ever seen. It may not be challenging but it's a hell of a movie to watch when you need cheering up.
deano
½ April 14, 2007
Two thumbs up for the dumb blondes - so hilarious.
garyX
½ March 16, 2007
A rather shizophrenic combination of teen high school comedy and parody of a teen high school comedy that get's really surreal in places (the dream sequence was surely nicked from Absolutely Fabulous!) Mira and Lisa make an endearingly dim-witted couple (think Bill and Ted in wonder bras) and it did make me laugh. A bit.
sanjurosamurai
January 18, 2007
i love mira but this is awful
½ December 27, 2006
Not that bad. I know. I was suprised as well.
½ November 20, 2006
Fantastic. So wonderful...
½ March 15, 2013
Okay, is this Romy and Michele's High School Reunion or a sing along? Assuming that we are talking about the movie, I can say how much of a yawner it was. This is supposed to have some hidden meaning or purpose? Can't really tell I'm afraid.
April 2, 2010
One of those films that never fails to put me in a good mood. It's sweet, funny, and just strange enough to be distinctive from other 90s comedies. Sorvino and Kudrow are terrific here.