Round Ireland With A Fridge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Round Ireland With A Fridge Reviews

December 15, 2013
I loved the book but, to be honest, this was always going to be a gentle comedy. It's OK if you expect nothing more than a bit of Sunday evening telly but you're not going to be belly laughing.
April 10, 2012
An fantastically funny and original book where the author undertakes a frivolous bet to hitchhike around Ireland with a fridge. A life affirming tale of how rich and wonderful life can be. Unfortunately it fails to translate into an enjoyable small budget movie. The pace is slow and fans of the book might balk at the unnecessary changes.
December 15, 2013
½ August 6, 2012
I really really liked the book. I am so disappointed that this is not very good at all even though it stars Tony Hawks who wrote the book. Just not funny. The book is hilarious.
July 13, 2012
I love the book this film is based on, so it's a big disappointment it's as flat as it is. Tony Hawks wrote, produced and starred in the film, so you'd imagine it wouldn't be as plagued wiith obvious studio tinkering (adding of an unnecessary romance plot, for one) and wouldn't have so much rotten, unfunny dialogue in it. Shame, but if you're tied to a chair it passes 90 minutes pleasantly enough.
April 10, 2012
April 7, 2012
the book was brilliant, this film is not
½ March 22, 2012
The concept of a man hitchhiking around Ireland with a fridge should be hilarious but somehow ends up being unoriginal, predictable and far from hilarious.
½ March 19, 2012
Inventive Rom-com, although not too Irish Tourist Board friendly relying on every jolly, quirky character stereotype available from the Emerald Isle.
½ March 12, 2011
As mind numbingly dull as it sounds, appallingly acted, pointless plot and too boring for TV. Ed Bye has sunk so low, the worst brit flick I have seen in a long time
½ February 11, 2011
Weirdly funny! Cute little true story of an Englishman who hitch-hikes through Ireland with a freakin' fridge! Only the English can come up with stuff like this.
Oh and the soundtrack is bloody awesome!
½ January 3, 2011
hmmmm. might have had a wrong expectation as I have not read the book, and watched it only for the sake of Ed Byrne. (and Sean Hughes :p) It was comedy, I thought, but it turned out to be wrong to think in that way. Because I should have enjoyed more if I did not expect it to be 'funny'. hmmmm.
December 26, 2010
A great feel-good film. Hilarious and bizarre whilst being completely believable at the same time. It's a pity it didn't have a wider release as I'm sure many people would enjoy this.
December 10, 2010
For the familiarity of the places, sense of humor, accents and the 'irishness'.
December 7, 2010
Some good humour and a very enjoyable movie.
December 1, 2010
Interesting Irish/English Film loosley adapted from true life where a English comedian follows through on a bet and hitchhikes with a small refrigerator around Ireland. Being unfamiliar with the storyu It was funny and interesting in a romantc comedey feel to it. If you are bored good film to half watch. I enjoyed it but I know most won't.
½ November 26, 2010
So random
Must watch!
October 25, 2010
Very entertaining and glad we saw it - slightly slow and whimsical at first but really picked up and worth watching just to see a fridge being taken surfing !